Legacy CG

So will this continue where we will see such type of repeated CGs?

Will these CGs affect the short/long term content/storyline of the game for Legacy?

Thank you for the CG- it was a breath of fresh air and know there is a loyal console base still around.

Huh. Now that is a plot twist. But 6 years runtime? Given the demographics of the game... I'm not going to finish that sentence :cool:

Maybe there are so few players left on legacy it's going to take them 6 years to complete the tiers, a drink to those still persisting with Legacy good luck with the CG and have fun 🍻

Oh yes?! - is this only a temporary return or will it be an ongoing thing and will it only include Thargoid combat CGs (not something I'm into - UNLESS they add some of that capital ship supported Thargoid combat, which MIGHT be worth trying out!), or will we get regular varying types?! 😯😀🤘🤞 .

If the latter, hopefully we get some trade, bounty hunting and more types soon (and hopefully a few repeat events such as burning stations etc*!) 😀

(*During one of the last burning stations occurances, I earned a nice bit of Federal rank and unlocked the Corvette, while I'd hopefully unlock the Imperial Cutter IF and when we get more burning stations etc - outside of such events I've struggled to earn superpower rank!) 😀🤘 .

P.S. Also, why isn't this news posted anywhere else and not being "shouted from the "Heavens"?! 😯😂😀🤘 .

Last edited:
Hi folks. The CGs on Legacy are intentional. They are repeated CGs that allow Legacy users to access CG content and earn achievements.
Will they rotate like traditional CGs, with different CGs each week? I'm particularly interested in bounty hunting and CZ CGs.

By the way, BIG applause for bringing these back, especially for console players. Even if they are "repeats", there should be enough old CGs to rotate through that it would take awhile before it actually feels repetitive. I'm hoping my first CG as a PS4 CMDR makes its way though the list, for nostalgia sake, not that I can remember which one it was, LOL.

Story content is focused on the Live version of Elite Dangerous. The Legacy CGs will let you earn achievements for CGs but they do not introduce new narrative changes.
This is great news, for sure. However, I do hope the 260 weeks thing was a typo? Or at least that the CG will be replaced when it completes, rather than when it expires, and of course that the timetable for the rewards is also linked to completion and not expiry (y)

The CGs finish on completion, perhaps they are meant to be 'open ended' due to uncertainty of participation numbers?

Also, consoles have an achievement for taking part in a certain number of CGs. It could be part of the reason for the reintroduction for completionist sake.

Id suggest this has arising from discussion between Microsoft and FDev regarding a number of things, inaccessible achievements being one of them 🤣
Indeed, I'd say that's a big part of it*, also it not hard for them to rerun existing content once it exists, so why not do so!

They should have started doing it as soon as we lost "live" CGs after the Devs split "live" and "legacy", and should have been announced as such back then...

As I said, it's strange that there hasn't been an official announcement about them returning to legacy, even if they're "only" recycled events! 🤔😯😂😀🤘 .

*Possibly Sony were just a bit more responsible for their return than Microsoft and pushed just a bit more for the return to CGs to legacy, as I don't know about with Achievements on Xbox, but on PlayStation we have "special" Platinum trophies, which you can only earn for unlocking all the regular trophies available in the base game.

(With extra ones generally added for DLC, which you don't have to earn to unlock the Platinum trophy.)

The deactivation of CGs in legacy made the Platinum trophy impossible to unlock for those players that hadn't already unlocked the two CG related trophies, by the time of the split, until now (assuming we get ten plus legacy CGs that such people want to or can take part in, in the next few months and years 😀🤘🤞).

Last edited:
Hi folks. The CGs on Legacy are intentional. They are repeated CGs that allow Legacy users to access CG content and earn achievements.
I've spent lot of hours on this game and planning to migrate to PC instead because of obvious reasons. This is a perfect closure for me to the console version. My deepest Thanks to the Team making it possible! -PlayStation Player.

Summary
System: Camaye
Station: Molina Orbital (Ocellus starport, large pads available, 54,331 Ls from main star, 154.33 Ly from Sol)
Objective: Hand in Pilots Federation Combat Bonds
Target: 4,000,000,000 CR
Time limit: 30th March 3314 @ 07:19:40 UTC

Description
Authorities in HIP 21165 have reported large numbers of Thargoid ships entering the system. The Thargoid presence has thrown the region into chaos.
To counter this threat, Marquis du Ma'a has placed a kill order on all Thargoid ships in HIP 21165 to eliminate the threat. The faction has promised to reward pilots who hand in Pilots Federation Combat Bonds at Molina Orbital in the Camaye system.
The campaign will run until the Thargoids have been pushed back.

*Possibly Sony were just a bit more responsible for their return than Microsoft and pushed just a bit more for the return to CGs to legacy, as I don't know about with Achievements on Xbox, but on PlayStation we have "special" Platinum trophies, which you can only earn for unlocking all the regular trophies available in the base game.
Well if that is the case, and I suspect it is, pressure from Sony and/or Microsoft, then Hurrah to both (and I've never said that before about anything Microsoft ever, ever since a certain B. Gates 'stole' MS-DOS from the original authors of PC-DOS and made out as if it was completely and utterly written by himself (LIAR) and made millions (nay, billions, well enough to set up Microsoft and start Windows crap) from stolen software, not protected enough at that time, by copyright laws).

Last edited:
Anyone finding these AX CZs?
The AX invasion was defeated so AX zones end...
The CG post feature 2 systems 1 a safe system to hand in at and a system that was hostile full of thargoids at that time in legacy... hip 19091 was the hostile system it took a few hours after the CG went live and then the state was fully active on PC Xbox and PS4 legacy servers

Due to all the AX deaths in that systems the incursion state auto ended as is scripted to do on Thursdays after enough deaths ...
So you will no longer find any as the incursion state cycle was completed the empire is now back in controlls...

Got to be quicker you can still use the Prefixed NHSS in other systems...

Attachments

• 1680342225843.png
    1680342225843.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 64
Top Bottom