News Let's talk about Gnosis and the Cone Sector

Hey Rainbro,

Just to clarify from the post above.

The area of space (Cone sector) that the Gnosis was aiming to jump to was never a location that was able to jump to. This is because the location is specifically meant to be used for future narrative. That's the reason why the initiative from the community was weaved into the actual lore of the game.

Thanks,

Zac

So basically what you're trying to say is...Yknow that amazing expedition into the unknown that all of these pilots came for...? Yeah its not happening. Well...wow...thanks for that. You look up the word "anti-climax" in the dictionary youll see a picture of Fdev right there beside it.

After a year of sub-par updates and the recent cancellation of carriers you guys needed this event to claw back some respect from the community but nooooo...you stay quiet about the impossibilty of ever visiting this system and build up the hopes of players everywhere that something amazing was going to happen and then not only leak it early but manage to dissapoint many of those who were clinging onto you with that last shred of hope.

Nice one......appreciate it.

Were there Hydras actually found by pilots before this morning, or was that the not-real, lore pilots like the ones leading aliens away from the Gnosis with tasty meta-alloys?

I should add that whilst I expected the jump to fail, I was kinda hoping for a 1000LY mis-jump WITH an attack... those of us that want to see new things, get to - and those with the pew pews, get to pew pew... the 12LY bit sucked is all. Still, again, thanks for the comms. Always appreciated.

Hey Rainbro,

The area of space (Cone sector) that the Gnosis was aiming to jump to was never a location that was able to jump to. This is because the location is specifically meant to be used for future narrative. That's the reason why the initiative from the community was weaved into the actual lore of the game.

Thanks,

Zac

Sorry to hear that Zac, looks like I'll be making my way back 'home' & powering down then until Q4.

Thanks Will and Zac.

Personally, I like how the Gnosis was stopped by the Thargoids and they are attacking the Gnosis even if it means we didn't go to the Cone Sector. For me, the disappointment was hearing about it before the event happened as it ruined the anticipation.

It's good that you have (hopefully) fixed the Galnet website, but if I can make a suggestion, I would like future Galnet articles to appear on the website after they appear within the game. It's frustrating hearing about something on Galnet (if listening to a Elite stream whilst playing) only to find you can't read about it in game, but you can out of game.

So The Gnosis wasn't going to Cone from the start, you just didn't want to say "No" to Canonn. I was always defending Frontier at many aspects but man... this is the worst story telling game ever. You guys are just don't know how to tell a good story and you are failing every time.

Kinda disappointed that we once again had the Thargoid "narrative" shoved down our throats.
I wouldn't even be half as mad if you just told Canonn "No, you can't jump there, we forgot to lock it." But instead, you fueled the hype-train, saying that it would happen, and all we get out of it is yet another Thargoid reskin/shipkit bash with additional health.

Hey Rainbro,

Thanks,

Zac

Just say no next time an event like this comes up with a player group and don't hype it even in your social accounts. Good lord.
This literally made me not want to play at all. I was just thinking of having a hiatus till Q4, but decided to get on board...meh.

So no Cone Sector jump for the forseeable future.
Maybe that's where the Thargoids live. On their beautiful ice worlds, eh.

Heading back to the Bubble. Can't say I'm not disappointed at how this has been done, but can't say I'm surprised, either.

Can't wait for news on Exploration in Q.4!

Thanks for the update.

With the Barnacles found in the current system the Gnosis is in, I hope the Hydra isnt the only reveal, as this seems to be the first Barnacles far from a Nebula

After all it was a mission of Exploration to begin with.

I'd like to mention to some of you that the Gnosis is still intact and semi-operational. Struggle and strife lead to great journeys. When knocked down, get back up. Frodo did not take a taxi to Mordor and the book would've sucked it he did.
She may have not made it their today, but the mission remains clear.

Last edited:
Top Bottom