Listing Codex bugs

Small update then, and one more thing found out: the Peduncle trees do register properly in the Temple region as well, it was just that nobody checked swiftly after the update's launch.

Well, here I am again :)

I'm right now in Eolls Byoea KX-R d5-7 system. It is reported by EDSM as the only Trojan Belt's system with metallic crystals, and it is wrong, because in game this system belongs to the Sagittarius-Carina Arm region. But this is, of course, problem with EDSM's algorithms.

However in game the system is not bug-free: there are peduncle trees and pods here (as well as all over the region), but in this particular system they are bugged and don't scan for the Codex.

UPD. There, actually, were two systems, in the Trojan Belt, reported by EDSM as having signs of NSPs, the second one was Sphaulua CN-H d11-8 with proto-lagrange cloud. In game this system belongs to the Dryman's point. However peduncle trees and pods here are also bugged and don't scan for the Codex.

I wonder whether the fact, that both systems, bugged in EDSM, are also bugged in game, is supposed to mean something, or is this all just a coincidence :)

Last edited:
I think I have something to report. I just scanned some green tubers in the Empyrean Straits region, but, for some reason, they're being registered as Rosum Tubers. There are Prasinum (green) Tubers listed in the codex, so perhaps it's just this system. Eos Free GM-K d9-490

Another new bug, but a more interesting one this time around: while the Codex lists a water-based life-bearing planet (GGWL/WW/ELW) requirement for luteolum reel molluscs, in the Norma Arm region, it seems icy (and perhaps rocky) planets will also do. The star (and nebula) requirements are still in effect though.

Last edited:
Hi Guys! Reanimating this one as I am going slightly mad with Roseum Sinuous Tubers. I went to system Nyeajaae VU-H b16-0 body B1 in Inner Orion Spur where you can find them according to codex. Checked all bio sites and all of them had all but Roseum Sinuous Tubers. Went to two other systems, nearly crashing on HG planet, and found exactly the same situtation. What is striking that in codex they all have different colours but on sites they had all the same colour only returned different result after scanning. Would this be a bug? Anyone found Roseum Sinuous Tubers very recently?

Those should be very green.
20200902135232_1.jpg

Fly Safe o7

Last edited:
I've heard about this happening a few days back, but not on this scale yet. I did add another bug related to tubers, just not yet here: that contrary to what's on the Codex, several variants of them can appear on Rocky worlds too.
Thanks for the report then! Another thing to look into.

Oh, but bear in mind that a given planet can have more than one form of biologicals present. Unfortunately, you can't tell from orbit which POI is which, only once you fly to one.

Looking for G Type supergiants and the ones I have found are not confirming AT ALL so i decided to try and get the one in the codex which is reported - shows as system HIP 87939 but when clicking on it, it takes me to the system in the galaxy map only it is NOT a G type star, its an A type.

1608555644838.png

Greatest Gravity for ELW's in Inner Orion Spur seems to be crazy.

I have mapped the 200 ELWs closest to Sol so far, and the "greatest gravity" says 16.861442g in 19 Phi-2 Ceti. At 16g I question how it would even have made it through the terraformation process, but that's not really the point.

The system has 3 ELWs:

19 Phi-2 Ceti AB 2: 1.72g
19 Phi-2 Ceti C 2: 0.89g
19 Phi-2 Ceti C 3: 0.72g

So I have no idea how the codex is considering a 16g ELW in there.

Don't worry, Odyssey is going to fix EVERYTHING that's wrong, missing, broken, all NERFs will be returned. All will be well and good in the Galaxy! Right? :unsure:

Odyssey.jpg

One certainly is, and I hear others have been as well, but I haven't seen proof yet.

Been to both the Roseum and the Rubicundum the last days and there are "normal" clouds at both. A very small chance that I mixed them up and went to the same place twice but pretty sure thats not the case.

Could you send over your journals for them perhaps? I'm curious if there might be something there. After all, they did use to be storm clouds once.

Could you send over your journals for them perhaps? I'm curious if there might be something there. After all, they did use to be storm clouds once.

Saved all entries in the two systems to separete excel files via EDDiscovery. Does that work? Best way to send them otherwise? Sprend, dropbox or something similar? Now that I checked Myriesly MS-T e3-3831 had a codex entry of a Viride lagrange cloud. Juenae OX-U e2-8852 did not have a codex entry at all and I assume thats because the lagrange cloud there already had been scanned elsewhere.

Saved all entries in the two systems to separete excel files via EDDiscovery. Does that work? Best way to send them otherwise?
I don't know if EDDiscovery will export the journal entries directly via those excel files, but it's probably its own thing. You could copy and paste the relevant parts of the journal, upload them to pastebin for example. Or failing that, you could just send the journal file to me, and I'll look through it. And sure, Dropbox, Sprend, email, whatever will work.

I don't know if EDDiscovery will export the journal entries directly via those excel files, but it's probably its own thing. You could copy and paste the relevant parts of the journal, upload them to pastebin for example. Or failing that, you could just send the journal file to me, and I'll look through it. And sure, Dropbox, Sprend, email, whatever will work.

Thing is first time I visited the system(s) was over one year ago. Now Ive started to confirm the codex entries and thats the main reason I went back. But the journal entries, those are the save game files right? Under User/Username/Saved games/Frontier developments/Elite dangerous? Otherwise I could just go back and screenshot the two systems.

Top Bottom