Listing Codex bugs

They aren't save game files, but logs - but yes, ED does save them there. However, if it's too much trouble, then it's not really important; I'm just curious to see if there's a hint to what might be going wrong there, but in the end, it'll be up to Frontier to finally fix these.
Juenae OX-U e2-8852 lost its storm clouds somewhere around 2019. April, if memory serves.

I don't know if EDDiscovery will export the journal entries directly via those excel files, but it's probably its own thing. You could copy and paste the relevant parts of the journal, upload them to pastebin for example. Or failing that, you could just send the journal file to me, and I'll look through it. And sure, Dropbox, Sprend, email, whatever will work.

It can do both. From the Scan panel it's a csv, if you do the export from a Journal panel then you can choose to export the view as a csv table or the raw journals.

Deleted member 38366

D
Currently on Myrierph IC-K d9-83 A 5 (Empyrean Straits) and seeing a classic Bug with Sinuous Tubers here.

Scanning the 1st one gave me Albidum Sinous Tubers and a Codex 1st Discovery.
1611849971886.png

However, the ones I'm seeing rather look like more common Prasinum Sinous Tubers.
1611850156517.png

In the SRV and scanning several of these after another, I got multiple different results from the very same site.
1611850208628.png

1611850219361.png

1611850235657.png

1611850247729.png

So I'm pretty sure that Codex "1st Discovery" of mine will disappear shortly.
But right now, my Codex now looks like this lol
1611850365544.png

To me, it seemed that all Tubers of different size each were scanned differently as Groups, so all small ones in early growth stage all registered as one (wrong) type, just as all medium or large ones did.
Pretty sure that's exactly the same Bug that already struck the Inner Orion Spur Sinuous Tubers - which all happened to occur in the exact same System.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems several of the K-type anomalies in Odin's old with the requirement of a planet with water-based life also do not require it. I've found a number of examples in Wepaa where that planet is lacking as well as anomalies in star-only systems.

Currently on Myrierph IC-K d9-83 A 5 (Empyrean Straits) and seeing a classic Bug with Sinuous Tubers here.

Scanning the 1st one gave me Albidum Sinous Tubers and a Codex 1st Discovery.
View attachment 205979

However, the ones I'm seeing rather look like more common Prasinum Sinous Tubers.
View attachment 205980

In the SRV and scanning several of these after another, I got multiple different results from the very same site.
View attachment 205981

View attachment 205982

View attachment 205983

View attachment 205984

So I'm pretty sure that Codex "1st Discovery" of mine will disappear shortly.
But right now, my Codex now looks like this lol
View attachment 205987

To me, it seemed that all Tubers of different size each were scanned differently as Groups, so all small ones in early growth stage all registered as one (wrong) type, just as all medium or large ones did.
Pretty sure that's exactly the same Bug that already struck the Inner Orion Spur Sinuous Tubers - which all happened to occur in the exact same System.
The outcome of that would be interesting - as I recently discovered Albidum Sinous Tubers (surprisingly) as a Codex 1st Discovery too in Empyrean Straits. Maybe I was a little bit to overexited about it ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_0140.jpg
    Screenshot_0140.jpg
    711.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_0143.jpg
    Screenshot_0143.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 86

Deleted member 38366

D
The outcome of that would be interesting - as I recently discovered Albidum Sinous Tubers (surprisingly) as a Codex 1st Discovery too in Empyrean Straits. Maybe I was a little bit to overexited about it ...
Yes, that Codex 1st Discovery entry is likely to disappear again soon.
The 1st time this bug is personally encountered is always the worst - super happy about a Codex 1st Discovery, only to see it vanish the next day :p

I've scanned many more Sinuous Tuber sites in the last weeks and can confirm that all 3 different sizes of that Bio reliably produce different (false) Codex scans, so any visit and scanning different ones on such a Bio site will soon have produced 3 different entries, 2 of which are bugged (and any 1st Codex discovery removed again no later than next day).

Not sure if it's been posted in here yet but I'm 99% sure Roseum Sinuous Tubers aren't actually present in Arcadian Stream even though it's confirmed in the Codex and there are multiple confirmed reports on EDSM, I visited 11 different systems that were supposed to have it and none of them did. My guess is a bug(?) similar to some of the lagrange clouds in the galactic centre where the sites just got changed for some reason. The only EDSM reported system that had Roseum tubers was Pheia Auscs TU-Z b45-29 but that system is actually just barely in Empyrean Straits by literally a fraction of a ly so it didn't count it.
I have a dream that one day Sinuous Tuber entries will stop being broken, dang it!

I'm at the galactic center and I cannot register sag A for my supermassive black hole entry into the codex. Its true that I did visit the black hole before codex was implemented.

I'm in Hawking's Gap looking for Proto-Langrange clouds, and they don't seem to be about. I tried the Codex reported location, Aochou NV-H b16-0, but there were no NSPs. I had a look on EDSM and moved on to Aochou DC-S d5-3, which was listed as having one. It did have a couple of NSPs, so I dropped in one and got a discovery notification, but only earned 2,500cr.

I investigated further and on the galaxy map I saw that the title at the top of the page says "Hawking's Gap", but the left info box says Region 20 (Dryman's Point) - the system is right on the border between the two. I checked the Codex and the cloud hadn't been registered.

I had another search on EDSM and found another system that was supposed to have a PLC, and was also listed as Region 19 and Hawking's Gap on the galmap - Blia Aip XW-O b47-1. Just reached here and there are no NSPs, even after relogging.

Yes, on the borders of regions, even the in-game galaxy map can have trouble determining which region the system is in. The best way to make sure is to jump into it, and see which region is displayed before the jump... of course, you have to be there for this, it doesn't work remotely.

I'm at the galactic center and I cannot register sag A for my supermassive black hole entry into the codex. Its true that I did visit the black hole before codex was implemented.
Update: I have died of old age at Sag A awaiting the codex entry to update. I am now a skeleton slowly suspended in time drifting toward the event horizon.

I'm starting to update these, and new ones are coming in. We have our first crash too: trying to enter the NSP in Juenae OX-U e2-8852 (which used to be a storm cloud, then got bugged into a regular cloud) now does a CTD.
Do we have anyone near other stormy clouds who could check if those produce crashes too?

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Just thought I'd drop this gem in that I discovered yesterday.

I was playing in Odyssey visiting a specific planet, when I arrived I noticed that it had 1 Biological and 2 Geological signals whereas it previously had 23 Geological signals. I found the Biological signal, scanned it, and as it was my first discovery of that type of Biological life in the Region it was added to my Codex.

I then had cause to log into Horizons, and when I looked in the Codex it shows I have discovered that Biological life in the same system. Which is impossible in Horizons.

Deleted member 38366

D
I found my first unscannable Odyssey Biological.

• Composition Scanner of Ship doesn't react to it
  • Sampling Tool doesn't see it (neither Pulsing nor being close for a sample)

Bio type : Stratum

1622109862583.png

1622109883056.png

1622109947910.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The response I received today after asking for an update

"I've just had a look at the internal report raised on this issue (also mentioned in the ticket #99960) it looks like our internal QA team wasn't able to get a reproduction of this issue after thorough testing and that the report has been closed as of 25th of August.

Unfortunately as the issue isn't reproducible on our end, further investigation won't be happening. "

So it's not working they are aware it's not working but they aren't investigating it because they cant replicate it .

I will say the response was very quick and polite along with some regret it couldn't be fixed

Man those ticket guys and gals are on the ball . At around 2100hrs I got a response back asking for the link to this page so they can investigate . Which I promptly sent .

In the meantime, I noticed one of the old Odyssey lines were in error, thanks to a different bug. Electricae Radialem can't be found more than 100 ly from a nebula, but they can still be logged anywhere in the galaxy: you see, if you enter your ship before the sample completion animation finishes, then not only will it finish on the next body you land, but the event will also be logged to the journal there instead.
Technically not a Codex bug though.

I've updated the list again, adding an Odyssey section and started to populate it. Could use some help with what species can't be interacted with and in which regions, so if anyone has more information on that, send it my way please!

Top Bottom