Kinectimals Loading map problem

My 8yr old completed the game (no scanning extra codes or anything like that), then after the credits the game restarted and we went back to play again. This is the point at which the map loader got stuck. We managed to exit to start screen, but then when we went to select a tiger and start playing, the hand selector was no where to be found. We can swipe across the menu (without seeing the hand on the screen), but we can't select anything. We tried all the potential solutions that have been suggested on the forums, but we end up at the same spot--frozen map with loader spinning. At this point, there is nothing else I can do. My daughter was pretty upset after all that time spent trying to get to the last cub and then not being able to do anything else with it. She may be 8, but she's played enough games to know they don't just end after 2 days of playing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Thanks to everyone for providing more information, we still haven't managed to reproduce the problem here, but will continue looking into it. As soon as we find out what the problem is, we will be looking into a fix for it.

For people encountering this problem, is this the first time you had been back to Fur Town since the start of the game?

Michael

Thanks to everyone for providing more information, we still haven't managed to reproduce the problem here, but will continue looking into it. As soon as we find out what the problem is, we will be looking into a fix for it.

For people encountering this problem, is this the first time you had been back to Fur Town since the start of the game?

Michael

No. I went back every time I unlocked a new cub or got a new scan stone.

Answers to your questions:
- Not the first time visiting fur town again. She did it every so often to adopt new cubs.
- Yes, she had adopted several since the first one

Ok, thanks. Had you adopted any other cubs beyond the first one you adopt?

Michael

As I said in one of my other posts, I adopted every single one, so they all appeared in the various huts--except for the DLC Code ones which, for whatever reason, only appeared in Fur Town despite being adopted and named. I'm guessing it's because they have no little icon or something.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Thanks to everyone for providing information. We believe we have found the cause of the problem, it looks to be related to having different collars for different animals, does this tie in with what people have experienced? Do you have different cubs, with different collars? We're continuing to test and looking at a fix.

Michael

Michael Brookes

Game Director
As I said in one of my other posts, I adopted every single one, so they all appeared in the various huts--except for the DLC Code ones which, for whatever reason, only appeared in Fur Town despite being adopted and named. I'm guessing it's because they have no little icon or something.

The pre-order cats work slightly differently to the rest of the cubs, they are accessed via the scan stone and don't have their own huts.

Michael

Loading problems

My son and daughter yesterday had the exact same problem as described here.
And yes they have different cubs with different collars.
Hope you willl find a fix soon for this great game.

Thanks to everyone for providing information. We believe we have found the cause of the problem, it looks to be related to having different collars for different animals, does this tie in with what people have experienced? Do you have different cubs, with different collars? We're continuing to test and looking at a fix.

Michael

That seems right. I don't have ALL my cubs with collars yet, but a good amount of mine do and each one has a different one and different accessory on it. So happy you guys figured it out T~T

The pre-order cats work slightly differently to the rest of the cubs, they are accessed via the scan stone and don't have their own huts.

Michael

Really? Because all the scan stone ones came up. Just the DLC code ones didn't. The Maltese Tiger, Plush Cubs, and King Cheetah all had huts--just the Black/Red Tiger and White/Blue Tiger I have didn't XD Or maybe they didn't and I'm just going insane, but considering I picked a Plush Cub as my first and know it has a hut, I'm pretty sure at least some of them do...

Last edited:

Michael

That's great news. Yes, the cubs had different collars

Yes here too.

All the cats had different collars/pendants.

If I can get the game started, will taking off all the collars at least get the game going again without the map loading screen problem?

Michael Brookes

Game Director
From the testing here, it looks like once you have the broken save, you probably can't fix it. However, if you are able to remove the collars then that may do it. For people who havn't encountered the problem yet (or who have started a new game), only put a collar on the cub you are currently playing with. If you adopt a new cub, take the collar off the old animal and you should be ok.

Michael

Well

I'm just saying, this seems like a glitch that should be fixed with a patch.
Granted, I don't work on games so i don't know the technical details of patches and the gears under the hood, but i was under the impression that patches are created to fix these types of problems... It just seems a little much to give a 7-year old stipulations to avoid her game crashing.
I just hope this is not getting swept under the rug with the collar fix and an alternative solution is being looked into.
I think the feedback from the public on how good this game is for the audience it is geared toward is enough to continue investigation regarding the issue.

From the testing here, it looks like once you have the broken save, you probably can't fix it. However, if you are able to remove the collars then that may do it. For people who havn't encountered the problem yet (or who have started a new game), only put a collar on the cub you are currently playing with. If you adopt a new cub, take the collar off the old animal and you should be ok.

Michael

._. that's depressing. I really hope you guys can come out with a patch to fix it... :/ I do not want to start all over after being so close--especially as most of the later games I only managed to get gold medals on due to pure luck T__T

Same problem! Mine started when I got to the Jungle. Had been to fur town when I got new cubs, have blue tiger as well. Had house decorated, Different collars, etc. Would not allow me to return to fur town, but could still play game. Thought it was our new game, so exchanged it at the store, although there were no scratches. Got new disc, got into fur town once and continued from there. Did most of cherry grove, went to fur town..... Map, sound of cubs, timer in right corner. Finally got map to go away, tried going to the house, tried addopting, will not let me leave. I have eight cubs. Am totally peeved!!! Going back to store to get $$$ back. Kenect and games was a gift to my husband for anniversary, kinectimals was gift to daughter for getting all A's in spelling in school. Soooooo disapointed!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom