Look what I found

Dingos are almost unheard of outside of Australia — only very recently have they been allowed as part of breeding programs to save the species. Regardless of how it started, the big five are five of the animals most associated with Africa and are, in fact, used by safari operators in Africa. They should, IMO, be in the game. If we get an African animal pack (summer?) I can’t see them being left out.
There aren't any other 'dingos' though, which is the point - but it's worth saying that I objected to the inclusion of the dingo, too, but for a different reason. I don't object to a leopard, I object to the idea that it must be the African subspecies when there are at least four better contenders that would fit the game's theme a lot better (Amur, Sri Lankan, Persian, Arabian). I also object to the term 'Big Five' because of the historical connotations behind it (and safari operators use it because people are familiar with it), which isn't an unfair position to take.

In any case, I don't think you should hedge your bets on the African leopard specifically. Whenever it's come up there has been a lot of back and forth around it in terms of what the community wants, and based on other threads it isn't especially in high demand for an Africa Pack anyway (smaller cats seem to be more popular, such as the serval or caracal). If we get it, we get it, and I'll be disappointed that it was picked instead of something more unique, but until it truly is inevitable I'm glad people who don't want it also get a chance to say their piece and perhaps nudge Frontier in a different direction.

And I believe that the African and Indian leopard are the last cats that can roar but those others in that picture I tagged you in might roar I could be wrong though
I believe all members of the Panthera genus can roar. Those in Felis cannot, i believe. And I've heard Bobcats (and seen them) with their starnge deep growl

I believe all members of the Panthera genus can roar. Those in Felis cannot, i believe. And I've heard Bobcats (and seen them) with their starnge deep growl
Shout out to clouded leopards, neofelis nebulousa such a cool scientific name, in PZ it says they can roar and purr but I see conflicting things online. It’s so cool they’re like a middle ground between small and big cats

Top Bottom