‘LOUIS DE LACAILLE METALWORKS xxxxx’ - tinfoil hats ON

I saw it - maybe it's a clue of some sort, maybe it's a bug related to Arthur streaming in multicrew.

At any rate, different station from last time so my wondering if Garrido Market had been renamed in honour of Bruce and this had led to the weird message can be ruled out.

I will give my sincere thanks and nothing of any monetary value to whoever figures out the right answer.

What is the clue? Firefox is just blanking the image and I can't see it.
It's the same as the image I posted. Arthur is in the crewman's seat and LOUIS DE LACAILLE METALWORKS xxxxx appears on his HUD as the ship is taken into the hangar. Just this time it's a different station.

Edit: and the station isn't burning.

I'm working my way through systems with 5 letters, in case the XXXXX is just supposed to be a redacted system name - but it seems unlikely. There's only the one Metalworks in eddb, they could have added another somewhere 🤷‍♂️

1601305103335.png

(the link under the failed video embed still works. One day fdev wlll fix twitch embeds.)

I've been taking part in some long distance endurance srv racing and as a result many srv's have died in the making of this post.

I have repeatedly seen, and so have others taking part, Louise de Lacaille Metalworks popping up after exploding in the srv and being returned to the station. However I personally do not remember the 'xxxxx' ever being part of the name.

I had assumed it was a bug so screenshotted.
Following pictures from Djambe and Wasat systems:

Source: https://imgur.com/a/FZHaeNm

However I personally do not remember the 'xxxxx' ever being part of the name.
You were in the CMDR's seat; Arthur was in the crew seat. The 'xxxxx' might be a filler replacing the text that the CMDR would see.

This is looking more and more like a bug. If so it would be nice if Arthur or a dev chipped in and put us out of our curiosity.

I've been taking part in some long distance endurance srv racing and as a result many srv's have died in the making of this post.

I have repeatedly seen, and so have others taking part, Louise de Lacaille Metalworks popping up after exploding in the srv and being returned to the station. However I personally do not remember the 'xxxxx' ever being part of the name.

I had assumed it was a bug so screenshotted.
Following pictures from Djambe and Wasat systems:

Source: https://imgur.com/a/FZHaeNm
Ah noice - yeah, looks like just a bug (y) Very strange

(Apparatus) Sculptoris constellation
320px-Sculptor-Sydney-Hall.jpg

Also with "Machina Electrica constellation"
caelum.jpg

Or Caeli? (Chisel) Notice the wool cloth ribbon.
Louis de Lacaille named Halley's Comet (not after himself)
In Carina neb there is a "lemniscate-oval vacuity" that is also a key.
l'Abbe De La Caille made a beautiful engraving of the southern planisphere in 1756

Given there are star ports with Louis de Lacaille in their name
And there are star ports with Metalwork in their name

My guess is just a bug pulling location name or something

Top Bottom