Luma Genie AI items

Hi everyone,

I have a challenge for all blender and toolkit users.
Can someone please make a tutorial about getting Luma Genie AI items into Planet Coaster.
It worked with me, but I have texture problems. I have a download from the toolkit, but the objects textures have disappeared.
I took me quite a while to get the item in the toolkit to work, but I used so many tutorials for the texture and the item always comes out white.

Help me with a tutorial please.
Thank you.

I got a chip on my shoulder when it comes to AI, so my reply may be more passive aggressive than usual - sorry
I have a challenge for all blender and toolkit users.
Can someone please make a tutorial about getting Luma Genie AI items into Planet Coaster.
Gives off the same vibes as "I have a challenge for all crypto enthusiasts. Send 5 XMR to 48jewbtxe4jU3Mnz...."

But on a more serious note: Unless you looked at the completely wrong tutorials, it should be relatively easy to figure out. Look at the material name generated by the Genie AI tool (when I download their .blend file, it is "Material_0"). So save their "BASE COLOR" texture as "Material_0_BC.png" and you should already be set. When you got that to work, you can add the other textures for the material (roughness and metallic) as needed.

Also, consider the potential remaining issues with their "raw" model as well
1710149591408.png

The Genie AI interface got options to fix at least the "triangle limit" problem, by choosing "Retopologize".

Last edited:
I fixed the triangle limit problem. Now I found another tutorial that says I probably need to bake a new map out off the old. (High poly to low poly.)

I got a chip on my shoulder when it comes to AI, so my reply may be more passive aggressive than usual - sorry

Gives off the same vibes as "I have a challenge for all crypto enthusiasts. Send 5 XMR to 48jewbtxe4jU3Mnz...."

But on a more serious note: Unless you looked at the completely wrong tutorials, it should be relatively easy to figure out. Look at the material name generated by the Genie AI tool (when I download their .blend file, it is "Material_0"). So save their "BASE COLOR" texture as "Material_0_BC.png" and you should already be set. When you got that to work, you can add the other textures for the material (roughness and metallic) as needed.

Also, consider the potential remaining issues with their "raw" model as well
View attachment 386212
The Genie AI interface got options to fix at least the "triangle limit" problem, by choosing "Retopologize".
I will check the retopoligize to.

I fixed the triangle limit problem. Now I found another tutorial that says I probably need to bake a new map out off the old. (High poly to low poly.)
While that may be necessary to achieve good quality, it is not necessary to make the texture work at all (which appears to be your problem if I understood you correctly).

Baking the new map is just for fixing the texture being wonky after reducing the number of triangles. For example, consider you had a sphere and reduced it to a cube. Of course, if you still were to use the same texture, it would be distorted on the cube as it had been made for a spherical shape.

To reiterate, for making the texture work in Planet Coaster at all, it should only be necessary to match the texture name with the material name and have the correct suffix, e.g. save the base color as Material_0_BC.png. This is necessary, because the .fbx format does not include textures, just material names.

I tried a lot. I'm starting to think it's the LOD's. I downloaded a lower polygon model now, so I didn't need to change from high polygone to 8000 or less. But I think when I decimate it for the LOD's the maps don't fit or how do you call it. I don't know, didn't use blender before (a lot). So the items works but the texture is gone. In some texture view setting in blender (can't remember the name for a moment,) the whole thing just lights up red when I select all LOD's, so ....

I will investigate this weekend. It's probably something that seems trivial to experienced creators, but not obvious to newcomers.

I will make a print screen of the red glow when I have the time. Or a movie from what I do. But I restarted several times with different approaches to the textures. Nothing.

I keep having problems.
What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• Blender.png
    Blender.png
    569.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Naamloos-1.png
    Naamloos-1.png
    20 KB · Views: 22
  • Why.png
    Why.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
Oh sorry, I forgot to check.

Your setup doesn't look wrong at first glance. Could you try getting rid of the space in the texture name in both the Blender material and the png files? I do not think this is the problem, but there's no harm in ruling it out.

You could also reimport your fbx to check whether the material name is still there. Also only add the _BC texture to your zip for now (until this core issue is solved), as some texture combinations may cause problems.

I won't claim it's the cause of your problem, but from my own experience when used a texture with a space in the name it also didn't work. I went back, removed the space and the textures then worked fine...for me anyways.

Oh sorry, I forgot to check.

Your setup doesn't look wrong at first glance. Could you try getting rid of the space in the texture name in both the Blender material and the png files? I do not think this is the problem, but there's no harm in ruling it out.

You could also reimport your fbx to check whether the material name is still there. Also only add the _BC texture to your zip for now (until this core issue is solved), as some texture combinations may cause problems.
I shall try. Thank you. And I will check with only the BC to.

I won't claim it's the cause of your problem, but from my own experience when used a texture with a space in the name it also didn't work. I went back, removed the space and the textures then worked fine...for me anyways.
Oh cool. I will check. Will reply later.

I had to remove textures. It works with only the _BC and the names changed. It didn't work when I only changed the names cause the textures were not all the same size said the toolkit (although they have the same pixel count). Bummer for the other maps. It lacks dept now.

Yes, I believe that the additional material types have to be the same size as the base texture. If you make them all the same size they should then work.

Yes, I believe that the additional material types have to be the same size as the base texture. If you make them all the same size they should then wor

I saw it in the Workshop, so I see you got it in the game. Looks nice, is it as you wanted it?
I only got it done with the _BC. I did try to change the other materials, but I need to make the _BC smaller, because the other way around didn't work cause they became to big the toolkit said. But I didn't try it yet. If I get the chance, I will try, else ... wharever. This worked, but it doesn't seem to have dept.

Top Bottom