Elite / Frontier M.U.L.E. Multiplayer Online

Speaking of M.U.L.E., that game was released by Electronic Arts. What the heck has happened to Electronic Arts? It was one of the most innovative developers/publishers in the industry, with landmark titles like M.U.L.E, Starflight, Bard's Tale, Populous, Syndicate, Wing Commander (from part 3 upwards), Ultima Online and many others.

But then the company went totally mad and began to close their most innovative and productive studios, like Origin, Westwood and Bullfrog, for seemingly no good reasons.

Today they just churn out their sport titles and soulless sequels (like the po_rn C&C, Red Alert 3)

I wonder what was the cause of their transformation.

Last edited:
in the last 6-12 months they have started to get better since they had the new guy become ceo. buying bioware could prove to be the best way to claw their creditablty back.
its activison that bug me most these days

I've quite liked the games EA has been releasing over the past few years. They've had some interesting IP's come out such as Skate, Dead Space, Dante's Inferno etc.

I've quite liked the games EA has been releasing over the past few years. They've had some interesting IP's come out such as Skate, Dead Space, Dante's Inferno etc.

Dante's Inferno, Don't know what to think about it. I think the game would work better as a RPG. If done right, it could be the new Planescape Torment, the setting (hell) certainly would allow that. And the book gives a rich background.

But they made an action game, hm.

Dante's Inferno, Don't know what to think about it. I think the game would work better as a RPG. If done right, it could be the new Planescape Torment, the setting (hell) certainly would allow that. And the book gives a rich background.

But they made an action game, hm.

Haven't actually played it as it does look too action orientated. But I like the idea behind making a game out of the Divine Comedy. I'll probably check out the anime they've made for it.

Full marks for the literary associations! But agreed, looking at the website it looks to be a standard FPS, bearing no real likeness to the original story (a shame: I would have enjoyed the Gluttony and Lust levels ;))
And it's Console-only, so that rules it out for me.

Full marks for the literary associations! But agreed, looking at the website it looks to be a standard FPS, bearing no real likeness to the original story (a shame: I would have enjoyed the Gluttony and Lust levels ;))

I was rather looking forward to a playing game that involves pushing a heavy stone up a hill for all eternity.

Top Bottom