Made for VR

Why do yo feel that you have to say that? What do you get out of it? You moaned enough about shadows on console. Do you mean 'I don't agree with this person; silence him... Cancel him...'?
No, it means that at the time there were dozens of duplicate threads on this topic popping up every day, so I was very much expecting the moderators to shut it down as a duplicate (that's what they normally do). If I wanted you silenced, I would have reported this thread, which I didn't.

As for console shadows, I would have given anything to have dozens of threads being spawned by multiple players back in the day, LOL.

While I read a few random posts in unrelated threads from people claiming VR people were making a lot of noise about the issue back then, I honestly I can't say I experienced that and certainly didn't see a flood of unproductive rage/trolly threads about it that might be lock worthy.

No, it means that at the time there were dozens of duplicate threads on this topic popping up every day, so I was very much expecting the moderators to shut it down as a duplicate (that's what they normally do). If I wanted you silenced, I would have reported this thread, which I didn't.

As for console shadows, I would have given anything to have dozens of threads being spawned by multiple players back in the day, LOL.
Ah, okay then.

The Made For VR is a misnomer as the game initially arrived without VR support, which was added later and not for all headsets at first iirc. Oculus rift first then some shoddy Vive support at first.
"Made For" would be from the ground up and only a VR title.

There was never any guarantee that FPS play would be implemented or that future add-ons would support VR..
Ya, the MFVR should be dropped in light of the current development cycle and at the POP they should indicate the extent of VR support since it is not longer 100%.

The Made For VR is a misnomer as the game initially arrived without VR support, which was added later and not for all headsets at first iirc. Oculus rift first then some shoddy Vive support at first.
"Made For" would be from the ground up and only a VR title.

There was never any guarantee that FPS play would be implemented or that future add-ons would support VR..
Ya, the MFVR should be dropped in light of the current development cycle and at the POP they should indicate the extent of VR support since it is not longer 100%.
You are wrong. I first played ED in VR during the beta stage on the Oculus DK2 in the summer of 2014. When the game released on 16th December 2014 it had full VR support. The Oculus Rift wasn't released until March 2016 and the HTC Vive a month later.
I have only played in VR since the game launched. I don't play Odyssey because it doesn't support VR on foot. I think the only reason VR is not in the game now is because of the poor framerate.

Last edited:
You are wrong. I first played ED in VR during the beta stage on the Oculus DK2 in the summer of 2014. When the game released on 16th December 2014 it had full VR support. The Oculus Rift wasn't released until March 2016 and the HTC Vive a month later.
I have only played in VR since the game launched. I don't play Odyssey because it doesn't support VR on foot. I think the only reason VR is not in the game now is because of the poor framerate.

Same. If I had to do it, I'd probably survive, but I will never do it voluntarily. :LOL:
I can take any ship manouevre without a flinch but walking just a few steps in VR... well, just isn't my thing, let's say.
My graphics card isn't up to playing VR at 90fps> I have the money to buy a new one, even at the stupid prices they are asking for one, but I won't get one on principal.

Top Bottom