General / Off-Topic Maggie, Iron Lady

I asked my boss if we were going to get a day off for Mr's Thatcher's state funeral. His response was that if I take the day off then I'd be made unemployed... It's what SHE would've wanted.

I asked my boss if we were going to get a day off for Mr's Thatcher's state funeral. His response was that if I take the day off then I'd be made unemployed... It's what SHE would've wanted.

The other joke I heard was that she's been in hell for only 24 hours and already had 10 furnaces shut down

She died peacefully after an 87 year privileged life
Why people who hated her are partying about that I have no idea,

it's hardly a tragedy either, it's just life, it ends for everybody, the only people who should really be upset are her family and those who knew her personally

As a union member and and skilled manual worker I wasn't a fan, but to me it's a bit of a non event.

I don't think she should have a state funeral though...I think it should be privatised, and given to the cheapest bidder...It's what she would have wanted.....

Well she was right about staying out of the Euro.

The putting the economy into banking made Britain rich, but did unwind somewhat in 2008/2009 and still could go major belly up, so not so sure about that yet.

At least she did what she really thought was the right thing to do as a whole for Britain and I wish more politicians would do that these days instead of just making themselves look in the best light.

Yea... Good riddance.
+1
I'm waiting for the autopsy report.
We all know she had dementia, but what kind?
It would be quite fitting if it turned out to be vCJD.
I think the carcass should have been cremated, just like all the other mad cows.

Top Bottom