IMPORTANT: Magnificent Rides Collection coming on 18 December 2018!

I think its limitations in what resources Frontier would allocate. There are some things from a gameplay perspective that probably can't be done. However when in reference to rides, dealing purely with animations, doubt there is much that can't be done.

Who knows. Maybe gondolas won't make it in?

Just took another look at the pic. You can clearly see most of the station and station platform for the chairlifts at the bottom of the picture (the roof to the station has blue beams). But the end of the station is cut off in the pic. I'm really curious as to how the station will work, considering the ride should never stop to load/unload groups of passengers and should always be moving. But I'm definitely betting on chairlifts being in the pack after studying the pic - no way that's not a real ride!

Why should the game have limitations at all? Chairlifts were in RCT3 and 1-2. What is so different about Planet Coaster that it can’t handle things that RCT games could do? So a 14 year old game could handle waterslides but not Planet Coaster?

I imagine texturizing etc is the last step in creation, so if there's a blue one with cushions, it must mean they've already made it work.
Was fooled by the weird white one [alien]

Aside from that, I don't believe they would let us think it was coming if it wasn't.

Why should the game have limitations at all? Chairlifts were in RCT3 and 1-2. What is so different about Planet Coaster that it can’t handle things that RCT games could do? So a 14 year old game could handle waterslides but not Planet Coaster?
It is the different coding. You can see it at the darkride or the wild mouse.
Currently all members of one group is going on a ride. So you have to have either a train which sererates into coaches or the chairlift has to be the 4/6/8 seater version. I am not sure if that's what people would like to have.

https://www.doppelmayr.com/systeme/kuppelbare-sesselbahnen/

The Mouse Hunt they managed to do and that only seats 2 people per car. The chairlift looks like the 2 seater version. Oh, another ride I would like in the future is the trams. We have the tour bus but the trams run on rails a trolley.

Sry bullethead but i wasn't refering to the actual movement of the ride, i was refering to the fact that chairlifts(while i've never seen them in theme parks) usually don't stop in stations,they just get onto a giant slowly moving wheel and keep on going while guests enter them.

Well, that's the classic and original design for chair lifts at ski slopes, but not so much in most park installations I've seen. In parks, while the cable never stops (and thus neither do the cars out on it between stations), the cars in the station DO stop briefly to load and unload.

See, at the top of the car's arm is an inverted V-section thingy that sits on top of the cable, held in place by gravity and friction, so the car moves with the cable. In the stations, however, this inverted V-section thingy rides up a small ramp via rollers so the thingy is no longer sitting on the cable. This allows the cable, and thus the cars out on the cable between stations, to keep going while the car in the station temporarily stops, supported by the ramp. Peeps get off and on, then the operator pushes the car ahead, which eventually makes it go down another ramp and back onto the cable, at which point it moves with the cable again. There's a level section between the up and down ramps that can accommodate several cars.

The result is a slightly uneven spacing of cars along the cable, due to each car being in the station for a variable time. You can see this in pics if you look close. But the operators try to keep the spacing as even as possible to keep the weight spread on the cables and towers. So sometimes, if 2 cars arrive too close together, the operator will delay the 2nd's departure even if it's already loaded, to get the spacing more even.

So, I was just pointing out that it seems possible for Frontier to make a chairlift function this way, based on wooden mouse technology. And you can always hide the station under a building if you don't want to see the cars stopping ;)

Well, that's the classic and original design for chair lifts at ski slopes, but not so much in most park installations I've seen. In parks, while the cable never stops (and thus neither do the cars out on it between stations), the cars in the station DO stop briefly to load and unload.

See, at the top of the car's arm is an inverted V-section thingy that sits on top of the cable, held in place by gravity and friction, so the car moves with the cable. In the stations, however, this inverted V-section thingy rides up a small ramp via rollers so the thingy is no longer sitting on the cable. This allows the cable, and thus the cars out on the cable between stations, to keep going while the car in the station temporarily stops, supported by the ramp. Peeps get off and on, then the operator pushes the car ahead, which eventually makes it go down another ramp and back onto the cable, at which point it moves with the cable again. There's a level section between the up and down ramps that can accommodate several cars.

The result is a slightly uneven spacing of cars along the cable, due to each car being in the station for a variable time. You can see this in pics if you look close. But the operators try to keep the spacing as even as possible to keep the weight spread on the cables and towers. So sometimes, if 2 cars arrive too close together, the operator will delay the 2nd's departure even if it's already loaded, to get the spacing more even.

So, I was just pointing out that it seems possible for Frontier to make a chairlift function this way, based on wooden mouse technology. And you can always hide the station under a building if you don't want to see the cars stopping ;)

Yeah that's true[rolleyes]

Yeah that's true[rolleyes]

A newer system than described above has grippers holding the car to the cable. When the car enters the station, the grippers hit fixed bumpers that release them. The car then rolls forward on a level trackway where it can stop. Meanwhile, when the grippers release, the cable is bent down a few inches by pulleys and keeps going.

Here's a video showing the inner workings of this type of "detachable chair lift". First, you can see cars (actually only their cable grippers) entering the station and being separated from the cable. Then the camera turns around you can see the grippers grabbing the cable again as the car leaves the station.

https://youtu.be/ybUchN_WTBE

It is the different coding. You can see it at the darkride or the wild mouse.
Currently all members of one group is going on a ride. So you have to have either a train which sererates into coaches or the chairlift has to be the 4/6/8 seater version. I am not sure if that's what people would like to have.

https://www.doppelmayr.com/systeme/kuppelbare-sesselbahnen/

I think the Planco cable car is a 4 seater. I believe to see a ‘grey’ cushion between two ‘red’ ones, indicating that there are more than 2 places. And four footrests attached to two vertical steel footrests-supports, just like the real Doppelmayr or Leitner ones... always two footrests for two places, attached together in the middle to one vertical steel support-thing. But it’s all hard to see…

9bLFUdu.jpg

Last edited:
Chairlifts & Theme Makers Tool Kit... Nope, only Chairlifts I found on workshop were done w/ art shapes & bits of doodads from other theme sets.. Nice cover story there Frontier ;-)

Chairlifts & Theme Makers Tool Kit... Nope, only Chairlifts I found on workshop were done w/ art shapes & bits of doodads from other theme sets.. Nice cover story there Frontier ;-)

That doesn't mean that they couldn't have done it and haven't uploaded them yet.Also sam the man has liked one of my comments on twitter were i tell people about the chairlift just being a thememaker's toolkit item.It's not real evidence,but who knows it might mean something.

That is a good theory,but then i don't understand what sam was referring to in the stream[wink]

Hmm yes. I don't think he wanted to trick us. He's a very good actor if he did. [big grin]
I think it's a case of us misleading ourselves automatically assuming it was directed at the chairlift [happy]

The people on the workshop did a great job on the chairlifts but they’re non functional. Now we might finally be getting a functioning ride. There’s nothing currently in the game that can simulate one, either. If you use the suspended coasters you can only have one station. I thought about using the Arrow suspended swinging coaster to simulate a sky ride but two problems. Only one station allowed and cars will go downhill too fast. Now why would they trick us and show off a fake chairlift? It must be real. But I wish we could get the von roll bucket version, too in addition to the open seat version. We should continue to give them new ideas for future ride packs so that they continue making them. I also hope you can have just one station on the chairlift in case you want a non transport round trip ride.

Last edited:
Plot twist the last ride is indeed a Spiral slide! [wacky]

And I thought I was the only one requesting that [happy]

Why has Frontier opted for the Ski Lift design for the chairlift I wonder, and not a more traditional vintage type [sad] it’s the Monorail all over again.

We know nothing other than what we saw in a screenshot. But there is no evidence for the enclosed cabin version. We have to wait until Monday for the official announcement. This ride should have been included since day one but they horsed around and didn’t make it until now. A bunch of parks in the US removed them due to age or safety reasons, but there are parks that still have them.

Top Bottom