COMPLETED CG Maintain Security in Xi Wangda (Bounty Hunting)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The obvious tactics are:
  • wing up
  • use beam Corvettes (although I was winged up once with a Krait Mk.II who used triple pre-engineered Guardian Plasmas. He was able to hit and usually one-shot any of the small fry)
  • have experience in when to reset the instance to get juicier targets
  • pre-stack bounties depending on any hunch you might have about future CGs (it's areasonable bet that any system the Musashi is in might be involved in Thargoid related CGs)
I've got a beam Corvette and yesterday I had been flying for 3 hours in wing. I got only 68 mil! I tried to mark all targets (just firing instantly one ray, one shot).
You mentioned 'any hunch' about further CG. Did you predict current CG? What are the signs?

I suppose It' been said many times. I wonder HOW 'top10%' and eapesially 'top10' are acting? What tactics do they chose? Awfull numbers are shown by Inara: at the moment larger then 800 mil separate 'top 10' and 'top 10%'. It means one has been gaining 133 mil per day.
Installation Scenarios.

In war state you get an extra combat patrol on the defender side so the scenario becomes about tagging everything before it dies.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJsi14vCeZg

(this is just for fun, if I wanted to be most effective I'd probably use an ammoless build here)

In boom state you can ignore the smaller ships and farm the condas/corvettes that continuously spawn - this might be slightly faster if you have a large ship with a lot of firepower that can kill them fast and tank the smaller ships without having to kill them fast.

I think in wings the bounties are shared and split so it's not as effective for installations.

A good High Res works as good.
The trick is to use an ammoless build and get a good instance that keeps spawning only Condas and FDL. (Ammoless to avoid having to leave the good instance to go an rearm)
I've got up to 1.6 millions from a single Conda

I suppose It's been said many times. I wonder HOW 'top10%' and eapesially 'top10' are acting? What tactics do they chose? Awfull numbers are shown by Inara: at the moment larger then 800 mil separate 'top 10' and 'top 10%'. It means one has been gaining 133 mil per day.
I bet some of the top ones had a ton of saved up bounties from before the start.
Edit I'm probably wrong about this as it would have to be this specific faction's bounties.

Last edited:
The trick is to use an ammoless build and get a good instance that keeps spawning only Condas and FDL. (Ammoless to avoid having to leave the good instance to go an rearm)
I imagine being a high combat rank helps as well as you get tougher ships spawning, and therefore likely higher bounties. Highest I've seen on a single ship is a bit over 900k. I'm not Elite, the second account I'm playing is only Expert.

I don't know if there are any available in this CG; but in general, installation scenarios work very well. In the past I made easily and reliably 5 to 10 million per scenario run, which takes about ten minutes.

Amen to this!
Yesterday an Anaconda gave me 2.3mil 😱 (I took a screenshot as I couldn't believe it), but Condas and FdL that give more than 1mil per kill in the right instance are quite regular, if you're lucky with instancing (and have the right rank).

sort of. doing masscre missions target are in target us shows up blue you get the bounties and the mission reward on completion.i the hz just the bounties,i just kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak.

Yesterday an Anaconda gave me 2.3mil 😱 (I took a screenshot as I couldn't believe it), but Condas and FdL that give more than 1mil per kill in the right instance are quite regular, if you're lucky with instancing (and have the right rank).
I think there's some kind of hard cap of 1m per faction that a ship can give you, but a ship can have bounties from multiple factions if you use a KWS which can push it up to 3-4m in extreme cases.

I think there's some kind of hard cap of 1m per faction that a ship can give you, but a ship can have bounties from multiple factions if you use a KWS which can push it up to 3-4m in extreme cases.
I believe you are correct. When I run a bounty hunter with beam laser(s) I always link the KWS to them, so it all happens in the background

Can confirm what the above posters have mentioned - despite what the info panel says when a ship blows up, the maximum bounty payout from any single faction (which is relevant for this CG since it's only the bounties for Amanogawa Enlight that count) is capped at one million. There is no way to get 1.6m or 2.3m from a single kill.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom