Make the vicinity of space docks a safe haven

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
?

ED is you v whatever you come across.
I think there's a translation error.
1. I'm inviting a friend into the wing.
2. I tell him, tomorrow we will fly to a base where we can find a lot of materials.
3. Tomorrow we fly out.
4. We fly to the base and I just kill my friend.

We have a game about space and battles in it, what claims to me ?

I think there's a translation error.
1. I'm inviting a friend into the wing.
2. I tell him, tomorrow we will fly to a base where we can find a lot of materials.
3. Tomorrow we fly out.
4. We fly to the base and I just kill my friend.

We have a game about space and battles in it, what claims to me ?
There is no translation problem, its your situation thats silly.

Rather than jump through painfully contrived hoops, why not just use foresight and ship build in Open to mitigate the unknown?

There is no translation problem, its your situation thats silly.

Rather than jump through painfully contrived hoops, why not just use foresight and ship build in Open to mitigate the unknown?
On the contrary.
Why can we sell items in a bar without fear of getting shot in the forehead ?
Make it possible to kill an engineer, and for all systems to be anarchy, then everyone will always expect a knife in the back.
Otherwise make safe zones where it should be safe.
Why did you put a newbie zone in the game ? Maybe you should have just not let them press the OPEN button, until initial rank ?

Oh yeah. Let's kill the engineers. And then engineering will be locked forever.

People are still raging about the Salami kill but could you imagine what would happen if they could no longer engineer anything?

The eagle has left the building....

People are still raging about the Salami kill but could you imagine what would happen if they could no longer engineer anything?

I gave the example of engineers because people, the casual passerby who walked behind the bar were called bartenders.

On the contrary.
Why can we sell items in a bar without fear of getting shot in the forehead ?
Make it possible to kill an engineer, and for all systems to be anarchy, then everyone will always expect a knife in the back.
Otherwise make safe zones where it should be safe.
Why did you put a newbie zone in the game ? Maybe you should have just not let them press the OPEN button, until initial rank ?
Your situations listed don't make sense either. We are talking about open space where the game happens, not places which are essentially interactive 3D menus.

The new player area is to get people up to speed- and killing inside it is possible- you just get 'moved on' if you do.

Your situations listed don't make sense either. We are talking about open space where the game happens, not places which are essentially interactive 3D menus.

The new player area is to get people up to speed- and killing inside it is possible- you just get 'moved on' if you do.
Yes, I understand you.
Well, these zones were made much later and I really don't know how it works there, I just assumed.

I understand you when you talk about the wobbling inside the station it's like a game menu. Maybe we should do the same around the stations with great security ? Maybe it's not so bad ?
At least maybe it won't force me to switch to solo mode every time I approach an escape station. Otherwise in open mode I'll be waiting for the parking lot to clear all day :(

At least maybe it won't force me to switch to solo mode every time I approach an escape station. Otherwise in open mode I'll be waiting for the parking lot to clear all day :(
Either you play the game, or you don't- Open is open and you accept risks and adapt to what you face.

A lot of Open issues (such as pad blocking) can be fixed via design.

There was a good furore once when a player group who didn't approve of shield boosters managed to put the engineer's base into lockdown. I don't remember how they did it.

There was a good furore once when a player group who didn't approve of shield boosters managed to put the engineer's base into lockdown. I don't remember how they did it.
Are you thinking of the time that Lave ended up in Lockdown so people wanting Lavian Brandy to unlock Vatermann couldn't (easily) get it?

That's the closest I can think of, and was caused as a side-effect of the conflict between Lave Radio and Alliance-supporting groups for control of the system rather than any engineer-related politics.

Engineers are factions but have never that I can recall been able to have BGS states applied to them.

Are you thinking of the time that Lave ended up in Lockdown so people wanting Lavian Brandy to unlock Vatermann couldn't (easily) get it?

That's the closest I can think of, and was caused as a side-effect of the conflict between Lave Radio and Alliance-supporting groups for control of the system rather than any engineer-related politics.

Engineers are factions but have never that I can recall been able to have BGS states applied to them.
Ah, that could have been it, my memory is faulty. There were some anti-shield-inflation players rejoicing about it here.

That's the closest I can think of, and was caused as a side-effect of the conflict between Lave Radio and Alliance-supporting groups for control of the system
I did these magnificent artworks regards the kale on kale warfare:

Mahon_Wut_copy_mine.png
aedc.jpg

For me, I'm in danger if I'm in dangerous systems, that is OK.
However, IMO, at least the systems like Shinrarta Dezhra should be safe systems.
Shinrarta Dezhra is a system directly governed by the Pilot's Federation itself.
If someone committed a serious crime in their own backyard, the Pilot's Federation should react.
Well.. for example, suspending the criminal's license at least?
No rebuy insurance, no Shinrarta permit, no combat bonds from the Pilot's Federation, ...

For me, I'm in danger if I'm in dangerous systems, that is OK.
However, IMO, at least the systems like Shinrarta Dezhra should be safe systems.
Shinrarta Dezhra is a system directly governed by the Pilot's Federation itself.
If someone committed a serious crime in their own backyard, the Pilot's Federation should react.
Well.. for example, suspending the criminal's license at least?
No rebuy insurance, no Shinrarta permit, no combat bonds from the Pilot's Federation, ...
This is where the question comes up, did you do the crime on purpose or did you get a cell phone call and accidentally rammed a weak ship.

I think gankers take advantage of the fact that you can't tell for sure if he's doing it on purpose or accidentally. That's why I think it's possible to switch the offender to single mode for 1 month for all such cases.

And this is the 'experience' some get to play in ED and what makes the proposition of played ED so amazing. Many others hope to be part of such a game play experience and the many more are encouraged to hear about it. The few that are left don't care for it at all. Hey ho!

Gankers 'are' part of the experience which far too many have had to deal with and whilst there may well be some merit in 'dis-incentivizing' bad behavior in certain areas, it's clear from this thread alone, there's a vital need for careful implementation. This is not a likely near reality is it?

End result: Be prepared, be very prepared! It is the only thing to do if you wish to play in Open.

S!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom