Making Money in Multicrew

Thing is, this has always been an "exploit" of wings / multicrew. If somebody hires me to mow their lawn for $20 and I bring a friend to help me out, I'm going to have to take a cut out of that $20 to pay him. The guy with the lawn isn't going to hand out extra cash for every helper I bring. Yet this is exactly how multicrew / wings work. I'd be totally fine if proceeds were divided among my crew rather than multiplied, but I'm sure somebody would complain about that...

sent you a friend request in game if you would like to test the multicrew interaction out in various situations between fc/stations. Then we can find the actual situation and where the issues lie. ignore it if you would rather not.

I came across this issue yesterday.

As a crew member in multicrew, i did not recieve a payment for selling stolen goods to a fleet carrier.

Need to test if this is a fleet carrier market issue with multicrew, which it sounds like now
Trade dividends were disabled entirely for FCs because it could be used to print credits by re-selling the same hold full of commodities over and over.

Trade dividends were disabled entirely for FCs because it could be used to print credits by re-selling the same hold full of commodities over and over.
I'd rather Frontier had fixed the actual exploit, that wages are multiplied rather than divided amongst the crew.

I would like to help with the multicrew problem, but i'm having a different bug. The one where you have no friends.
il_570xN.2053710167_eyq8.jpg

sent you a friend request in game if you would like to test the multicrew interaction out in various situations between fc/stations. Then we can find the actual situation and where the issues lie. ignore it if you would rather not.
I would like to help with the multicrew problem, but i'm having a different bug. The one where you have no friends.
I'll play matchmaker and introduce you to each other. I don't need in-game friends to multicrew, since I multicrew with myself. Believe me, you'd be bored just sitting in my spare chair looking pretty for hours on end!

ah well perhaps that should be listed in the notes for multicrew somewhere. I have never seen any referance to it before... where do you get this information from?

thanks for stating it though, saves me having to test it out to find its as intended and not a bug...

when is trade not trade...when its trade on a fleet carrier...

I'll play matchmaker and introduce you to each other. I don't need in-game friends to multicrew, since I multicrew with myself. Believe me, you'd be bored just sitting in my spare chair looking pretty for hours on end!
sounds more enjoyable than mining to me personally :)

although how you going to define me as pretty I have no clue :)

So you have the same no friends bug. See i thought you where cool, hip, talk of the town. with friends galore. turns out your just like the rest of us.
so depressing to see your heroes are as boring as yourself. lol

ah well perhaps that should be listed in the notes for multicrew somewhere. I have never seen any referance to it before... where do you get this information from?

thanks for stating it though, saves me having to test it out to find its as intended and not a bug...

Bug fix pre-release, they removed it during beta before the live version was announced of how the FC would function...
FC release notes only included the changes from Beta 2 to live version for the FC function...

So you have the same no friends bug. See i thought you where cool, hip, talk of the town. with friends galore. turns out your just like the rest of us.
Old Duck is one of your heroes? Hmm.

I'm friendless by choice. I have zero interest in sitting around on Discord talking about real life while we drive around in circles in SRVs, which seems to be what everyone in this game wants to do with their in-game friends. Drew Wagar, now there's a fellow I could talk to for hours on Discord, but that's about it LOL.

Winging up with random people for combat, I enjoy that, but since CGs were removed, I don't get much of an opportunity anymore. This is why I like games like Overwatch, were a group of random people are put together with clearly defined roles and goals, allowing people to play together as a team (assuming you don't get a team of throwers) without all the "blah blah blah" Facebook chatter.

EDIT - This forum is my Facebook, LOL.

Last edited:
I'm friendless by choice. I have zero interest in sitting around on Discord talking about real life while we drive around in circles in SRVs, which seems to be what everyone in this game wants to do with their in-game friends. Drew Wagar, now there's a fellow I could talk to for hours on Discord, but that's about it LOL.

Winging up with random people for combat, I enjoy that, but since CGs were removed, I don't get much of an opportunity anymore. This is why I like games like Overwatch, were a group of random people are put together with clearly defined roles and goals, allowing people to play together as a team (assuming you don't get a team of throwers) without all the "blah blah blah" Facebook chatter.
Fair enough.
Probably not a good idea for pirates to have many friends. too tempting to 'barrow' the friends cargo as you can track them.
Regarding talking with Drew, I totally agree. Even if I'm not contributing to the conversation I can still listen to him for hours.

Fair enough.
Probably not a good idea for pirates to have many friends. too tempting to 'barrow' the friends cargo as you can track them.
Regarding talking with Drew, I totally agree. Even if I'm not contributing to the conversation I can still listen to him for hours.
If you're looking for friends to wing up with, talk to on Discord, etc, then I can recommend Earth Defense Fleet, a PMF / Squadron with plenty of active members. I was actually a member for awhile, but I came to realize that I prefer playing the lone wolf in this game, so I left. But for people looking for community, they were a good group. There are plenty of others as well, but this is the only one I have experience with.

They should probably have put that info right into the documentation for fleet carriers on release to better explain how the commodity market works but that exploit caught them off-guard during the FC beta and the bandaid fix didn't include any codex updates.

Top Bottom