Massive PvP First Person fights on planet surfaces

bleah
Someone passing by with a pair of ARM will lay waste on the grunts while still being immune to whatever air cover the event might get

Edit, but please make the location public in advance - it would get interesting 😇
Another reason (or THE reason) antiship turrets should field reverb starport lasers and would be a wonderful objective to
control, instead of arbitrary control points. No idea why there arent essential control points like the panels and power station?
🤷‍♂️

Yeah I’d be up for that.

Pretty sure both of these were fairly pretty / blue skied at the surface, and near the primary sun:

Adan / Adan 1 A

Source: https://i.imgur.com/tU2ogZS.mp4

Tilian / Bello

0B3A51237AA9837FB88158600957B5F2C0679F21

Could be good to find an abandoned settlement (check Points of Interest tab in System Map and check state etc). Would at least have some consumables to stock up with during fight.

Yeah I’d be up for that.

Pretty sure both of these were fairly pretty / blue skied at the surface, and near the primary sun:

Adan / Adan 1 A

Source: https://i.imgur.com/tU2ogZS.mp4
Adan 1 A looks interesting for that! And the idea with the high altitude fights is awesome. Maybe we could make some standards like 30vs30 on ground, 20vs20 in the Air.

I am not sure how the spawning will work if someone dies? Will they spawn at the nearest base when on foot? If the ship gets destroyed it should spawn on the nearest star port ?

Could sit a big ship in a valley and opponents attempt to destroy it, defenders Have to defend canyons and mountaintops to prevent rockets to ship.

Or just use power down as the lose condition for a settlement.

Could sit a big ship in a valley and opponents attempt to destroy it, defenders Have to defend canyons and mountaintops to prevent rockets to ship.

Or just use power down as the lose condition for a settlement.
How would we call this Playstyle? Very good idea :cool: .

Capture the Ship
Ship Conquest

I am not sure how the spawning will work if someone dies? Will they spawn at the nearest base when on foot? If the ship gets destroyed it should spawn on the nearest star port ?

Pretty sure you spawn in your ship in orbit (even if it was parked). If ship destroyed you spawn in the last station used. (So maybe setting up near a planetary port could be plan instead)

Also, we should probably all turn ‘report crimes against me' off, or we’ll all just end up in jail miles away ;)

E: PS If you get a trial run going tonight I’m in. Otherwise will have to be week night for me.

EliteDangerous64 2021-07-09 22-30-37.jpg

This is on Gorengathi 2 A a base on a hilltop, on this planet nearly every settlement sits on a hilltop like this and this would be a good fight place. A Star Port on the ground is also there and the Orbital Station "Pelt Orbital" is also near.

Unfortunaly, this base was bugged and sank in the ground...
EliteDangerous64 2021-07-09 22-35-09.jpg

First of all we should test this idea on a abandoned settlement with a near orbital station to make a first test with many players!? so pls send me some places :cool:

The orbital Station had only anonymous access? what is that?

EliteDangerous64 2021-07-09 23-05-55.jpg

Last edited:
The orbital Station had only anonymous access? what is that?

Anon access is because you’re wanted in the area and need to pay off your bounties / get sent to jail in another system. (The alternative is to pay off the bounties at an Interstellar Factor in an anarchy system).

Which makes me think an anarchy system (lawless) might be the best place for this sorta thing. Just in case anyone forgets to turn off crime reports etc. (Or if anyone shoots a passing NPC ;))

the instance limit is 40 or 50 i think .. but the conflic zone limit is 12 vs 12 but more players can get on it . so its 24.. but i think you can get more tham that on the conflic zone..

i managed to get instanced with or 8 people in a on foot conflic zone at realease

Anyone up to organize a event :cool: maybe a faction war for a system or something else. I want tactical fights on open terrain !

Some Ideas & things to make before an event like this could occur:

If you manage to pull this off you should have at least 2 players as cameramen/women getting good camera angles either in ships from above using the external camera(s) or on the ground for dramatic angles.

Acting: Let's see someone fall, the buddy coming over,

"Don't worry. It's just a flesh wound."
"No, Bob, I know it's the end for me. I'm done for. Go, continue the fight. Tell Sally I love her <cough cough>."
"Come on, don't talk like that. We'll get that hole in your gut patched up in a jiffy with this medpack."
"Bob, don't waste it on me - I can see the light. It's brilliant, beautiful <cough cough>. I want … to go … towards it. It calls to me."
"No, that's just the medical ship coming down - he has the floodlights turned on."

Don't forget the "Doom" music at the more appropriate points. We need more doom.

Anyone up to organize a event :cool: maybe a faction war for a system or something else. I want tactical fights on open terrain !

Some Ideas & things to make before an event like this could occur:

• A good Planet to fight on ( a few candidates with Atmo and near blue skies)
  • with a Settlement with Docking Stations or a near orbital station to drop in from orbit
  • near some craters or stones or even bases who are no populated (fighting zone)
  • open for ideas for the location
  • Testing how many Players could be in this Fight (Ground & Air)
  • Could Pilots bring the Fighters to the fighting zone?
  • Could we get Air Support in the fight?
  • Could we get Tank support (SRV)
  • Should the teams wear a special color?
  • Testing various modes like "capture the ship" or "last team standing"
  • Rewards?
  • You can do this without me but when you test it pls post the number of players who where in the fight (ground & air)
  • Why abandoned settlements? Because on every respawn, you can target the settlement to drop in fast.
  • Could we mark our own signal on the ground?

I know hard to believe if this is possible in EDO but we have to test and try!

Planet Canditades:
Please help me search some atmo planets with a abandoned settlement and a near orbital station.

.. coming soon... with pictures
check out the INRA bases for this.

they are abandoned and were quite fun to drive around in an SRV.

There is even one with a nice landing pad on the bright side of the planet. i'll try to look up what planet that one was.

Top Bottom