Maybe we are missing something obvious with the Thargoid war.

If we organized a community effort to all go to a singular Maelstrom and begin a week-long campaign of destroying all of the caustic generators, would the cloud dissipate? If you kill enough Orthrus in a system, it changes the state of that system. Does it stand to reason that the same would apply with the caustic generators? Maybe that is the true purpose of the caustic sink launchers.

If we organized a community effort to all go to a singular Maelstrom and begin a week-long campaign of destroying all of the caustic generators, would the cloud dissipate? If you kill enough Orthrus in a system, it changes the state of that system. Does it stand to reason that the same would apply with the caustic generators? Maybe that is the true purpose of the caustic sink launchers.
Even if it works, there is no point to do this for the moment because "aegis" plan to release a module that can help us against the massive shutdown of mealstroms.
Once all mines destroyed, it will be interesting to go inside mealstroms core indeed, just be patient ;)

On day 1 someone tried getting a wing and destroying as many generators as possible. Eventually though, they begin to respawn when you aren't looking.

So destroying generators unfortunately isn't the solution.
Thargoids killed at outposts just respawn when you're not looking but still count towards the system's war BGS. Why would anyone assume killing caustic generators is different?

We aren't talking about the Thargoid war progress, someone is asking if destroying them will recede the cloud. The answer is no, because they appear behind you again meaning the cloud isn't shrinking in size as you destroy them.

What if you got as many people into an instance that you can with hull tanks with shutdown field neutralizers and caustic sinks/caustic resistance and just rush the core one after the other, so as one is getting pushed out by a pulse another is rushing in?

If that fails, try thinking of getting a group together to do something else unexpected, post about it, and see if anything pops up on galnet later. Which reminds me, I should find a an abandoned military surface settlement in a Thargoid invaded system, power it on, and see what the turrets do to the interceptors that pop in.

Last edited:
What if you got as many people into an instance that you can with hull tanks with shutdown field neutralizers and caustic sinks/caustic resistance and just rush the core one after the other, so as one is getting pushed out by a pulse another is rushing in?
The pulse will push everyone out.

At what radius around the core?
I don't think it matters. The initiation range is massive, and the distance it covers to get to your ship is even bigger; i would estimate it gets out at least 50km. Either way, you're not covering that distance.

Realistically though, as already said by others, there's nothing there to be found right now. It's the whole "what's in the box" tension builder and this is just the as- yet unbreakable lock.

If that fails, try thinking of getting a group together to do something else unexpected, post about it, and see if anything pops up on galnet later. Which reminds me, I should find a an abandoned military surface settlement in a Thargoid invaded system, power it on, and see what the turrets do to the interceptors that pop in.
The unexpected will likely not work because software doesn't work like magic.

Frontier have hinted that we are missing something. What with all the blue triangles, they've mucked about with could indicate something that we're missing with the Guardians or that there's something Guardian related coming in update 15. BTW, has anyone gone through the trouble of creating a grelic and then taking that back to either a guardian site or a beacon?

They've also hinted that our best bet is fight were the thargoids are going to be, which I guess is a hint that your best best to slow the Thargoids is by stopping the alert systems, not the invasion systems (But lets be honest, the invasion systems are more fun!).

has anyone gone through the trouble of creating a grelic and then taking that back to either a guardian site or a beacon?
All of it. Nothing seems to work, and the grelic was discovered on update day, so the probability that we missed a subsequent mechanism is pretty low.

At this point, it becomes tiresome to try things, because we can never know if Frontier just activates certain things after we already tried them (making documentation impossible) or if we're meant to find certain things that are bugged beyond belief and don't even show up in our game version (see game crashes at Trapezium site or large barnacle).

Also, unconnected to the topic, but Guardians suck and even the possibility of them playing a role in this narrative makes me nauseous. Last thing I need is humanity being saved by a Deus Ex Guardian Machina after the story of the last few years kept hinting at us being in the wrong and repeating the Guardians' mistakes, mirroring the downfall of their civilization.

Frontier have hinted that we are missing something. What with all the blue triangles, they've mucked about with could indicate something that we're missing with the Guardians or that there's something Guardian related coming in update 15.
Maybe we need to triangulate some of the Guardian sites.

Top Bottom