Medusa Variant Thargoid

The Thargoids are not aggressive. I believe the attack on the station was to send a message to Aegis...the ones that have been attacking the Thargoids relentlessly. Every step of the way, it has been mankind being the aggressors.

We have no evidence for that.

I think looking at the new Medusa Varient that its starting to fill out and look alot like the surface structures (crashed ships) we see on the planets surfaces.

The spires coming up from the central eye are starting to look alot like the central spire of the surface structures and the wings are staring to fill outwards towards each other.

Maybe the Thargoids are growing into something larger?

I checked with a friend the other day a Thargoid base (ship?) and nothing has changed. Yet. But yes, when you take a close look at it, it's the same patterns, the same shape than an interceptor, buried into the ground. We kinda measured it, it's ~6 kms diameter. Could be that, or could be where Thargoid scouts will soon come from. Or both, who knows?

Okay so everyone's been saying how they look like megabases, but honestly my theory is kind of different.

So for this ship to become a megaship it would have to increase in size, however the cyclops, basilisk and now medusa are all the same size. They also look like evolutions of eachother, but instead of being evolved versions we'll go with the fact GalNet called the Basilisks older than the Cyclops, therefore I propose that the Medusa is the next step, an older Basilisk.

This leads me to a super interesting note, that the "horns"/"claws" that grow on the "petals" of the Medusa, in an older version of the Medusa, would connect up the petals leading to a near perfect octagonal shape, and thanks to the "horns"/"claws" on the center-piece of the ship, it basically looks exactly like an evolved Scout. This would lead me to believe that the Scouts and Interceptors are really closely linked and finally kind of confirm they're all Thargoid design in a design sense.

I think we may get another variant of a fully grown Interceptor soon enough, which has connected petals and an octagonal shape. I'd love that, and then they could bring along the Scout ship in the fight too for the players who want it.

I checked with a friend the other day a Thargoid base (ship?) and nothing has changed. Yet. But yes, when you take a close look at it, it's the same patterns, the same shape than an interceptor, buried into the ground. We kinda measured it, it's ~6 kms diameter. Could be that, or could be where Thargoid scouts will soon come from. Or both, who knows?

Some organs in the structures resembles some organs on scout, like they've been grown there (organs).
Central opening on the top will open like a camera shutter in the future updates.
There is additional tunnel that leads to the top.
Make of it what You want. I approve your post.

Last edited:
3 damaged stations, but not a single one destroyed (yet). Notice how all of them belong to AEGIS. My take is that Thargoids were just getting back the biological matter that was stolen from them, in any form (Sensors / probe etc)
Right, we’ll just gloss over the thousands of dead unarmed civilians, and the survivors they left to burn to death. If they were benign, they would flee instead of fighting back.

Right, we’ll just gloss over the thousands of dead unarmed civilians, and the survivors they left to burn to death. If they were benign, they would flee instead of fighting back.

Also, where are the Thargoid attempts to communicate with us?

I took a Thargoid down to 1% hull once (it attacked first), put away my weapons and dropped my cargo. It kept on trying to kill me.

If they're peaceful then they have an incredibly odd way of showing it.

Yep, already fought with one. 96 Swarm, 6 hearts, kill meh...

https://youtu.be/z90erJKlAfI

Found one!!! Luckily I have a very fast Cobra Mk3. Shields vanished, got hit twice, each one taking 20% hull.

Awesome vid GluttoneyFang - o7

3 damaged stations, but not a single one destroyed (yet). Notice how all of them belong to AEGIS. My take is that Thargoids were just getting back the biological matter that was stolen from them, in any form (Sensors / probe etc)

Something there after or trying to protect???

Some organs in the structures resembles some organs on scout, like they've been grown there (organs).
Central opening on the top will open like a camera shutter in the future updates.

Agreed - Like a larger . . . half grown/half developed scout.

Thanks for all your comments Cmdrs o7

Last edited:

The whole idea makes a lot a sense.
Structures with maps, and scouts deployed to to, well, scout the the area. It certainly appears, that the Thargoids are looking for something, perhaps INRA? Or the Guardians?

Top Bottom