News Meet the Team #3: Michael Brookes (Executive Producer)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Philip Coutts

Volunteer Moderator
Ashley has been given holidays???? Did the DDF agree to that ;)

Seriously I though all holidays had been cancelled at Frontier until ED was released.....;)

Great interview once again and enjoy your time off Ashley because you are going to be very busy in the next few months!

There won’t be an interview next week (boo!)
77.gif

as I’m going to be away on holiday for a week (hurrah!)
wall.gif
bang.gif
wall.gif
wall.gif
wall.gif

some holes...
3886065.png

happy holidays Ashley, aga...

Last edited:
We can be fully reassured for the quality of Elite: Dangerous. Indeed, there is more than 10 years ago, when Michael came to work at Frontier, he had already in mind, to make Elite IV.

:)

In addition, for those who love the Cobra Mk III, is the favorite spaceship of Michael. It will certainly be be the subject of special attention.

;)

Another great interview Ashley...I love these :)

@Michael Brookes
As Producer did you in any way push for another Elite game before the kickstarter ?

Or was the kickstarter something that just came up one day...I don't think we have ever had any info on how Elite Dangerous came about...It would be interesting to know..

Lovely interview. Thanks Ashley and Michael.

Question(s) for Selena:

- To what extend is VFX creation for a procedurally generated game different from VFX creation for normal games?

- What kind of artistic freedom do you have in your day to day job? Do you do all: From Artistic impression, prototype, functional design to final product or are you limited to certain parts of the design?

- What are you working on? Space stations, ships, characters, universe (nebulea, planets, asteroids, stars, etc.)

- Is everything you do based in the 3D world or do you also generate 2d content? (like textures)

Cheers and happy holidays to Ashley!

Michael Brookes

Game Director
Another great interview Ashley...I love these :)

@Michael Brookes
As Producer did you in any way push for another Elite game before the kickstarter ?

Or was the kickstarter something that just came up one day...I don't think we have ever had any info on how Elite Dangerous came about...It would be interesting to know..

Yes, but I wasn't alone, there's been an appetite to make the next Elite for many years. Thankfully the Kickstarter presented an opportunity to develop it the way we wanted to.

Michael

Not sure if this has been asked before, but how long was the Kickstarter in planning? When it was US-restricted were you thinking about what you'd do if it came to the UK?

Again I just want to thank Ashley and Michael for yet another great interview.

I also want to thank Michael for giving up his weekend to come to Leave con and to put up with all of my questions. You Sir are a real gent, and was really lively to meet you.

Thanks Ashley for the interview, and Michael for the cooperation.

Also, Michael, i send my total respect for someone who manages to get paid for (imho) the coolest job on the planet. Kudos to the max.

It seems Frontier Developments chose the right person.

These interviews, along with all the other feedback we get, provide a little insight into the processes involved but also give comfort to those of us who put our money where DB's mouth is.

I often wondered from the perspective of David Braben as in....

Hey im the boss ...I own the company...Im gonna make Elite IV

And thought I would have done this years ago.....However I now realise the resources and time being used it wasn't quite as simple as that...It must feel like Elite Dangerous 24/7 for you guys.....What a buzz though :)

Now though I bet DB is feeling on top of the world being able to come to work every day to make his game in the way he probably always imagined it to be :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom