Meet the Team and Q&A - Sam Denney

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Wow... so surprised about all your answers!!! Thansk u soo muuch Sam!!! Really really interesting reading about how u work on frontier and that high level of details u are taking care..

Just... tanks!!! <3

Hi Helena

The character animations of the rides are one of the best things in planet coaster, they really bring the ride to life. You'll be really happy with how they look no matter what the rides are doing. The guest animations are really quite varied and colourful, it's a far, far cry from games of old.

Hello and thank you for replying to my old questions!

Aww I think I wrote it wrong. My fault. What I wondered is that will the coasters be more forgiving or as challenging as it was in rct 1+2. Do you think that the new system will not be as forgiving as in rct3? That guests will reject to ride a too rough coaster? I hope for challenging coaster building. :)

(great animations is important too now. I fully trust Frontier on this aspect, so far everything has been amazing)

Keep up the great work!

Last edited:

Brett C

Frontier
Thanks for commenting on this though Sam.

If I PM you the request, perhaps you could time to... just make him aware of the request? :)

And then leave it at that I guess. I appreciate it's a political question as much as game question when it comes to direct comparison!!

You're more than welcome to PM me as well. [up]

Hi MrBill

"Can you elaborate on the Dark Ride aspect?
Once you enclose something indoors will it be truly dark inside? "

See my previous post on this subject :)

"How important is theming on the coasters and rides?"

We will have variously themed rides throughout the game but the main focus is to provide a good 'Generic' ride set as we know how popular but there's also a degree of ride customisation which will help a great deal. But yes, themeing is very important to planet Coaster and we guarantee you'll love it... it's kick ass!

"Will there be water rides like the log flume, and river rapids?"
We have definitely considered at least one of the above, muahahahah [big grin]

"What kind of transport rides will there be at launch? Monorail, Train?"

Monorails and trains are a staple to any theme park, I think we might be revealing one of the transport rides really soon and it's a real beauty!

Thanks for the answers, looking forward to getting into the Early Access and start building. [happy]

Hi Sam!!!

I haven't posted any questions, because all i wanted to know was pretty much asked by my fellow coasterheads. But I do want to thank you for the time you took to answer all of these questions, and in such detail. I very much enjoyed reading each reply.[yesnod]

And can't wait to start building those coasters you and your great team work so hard on. So Thanks.

Sawyer1

Planet Coaster Ambassador
It's so awesome to hear more and more things coming to the game, 100% off the chart excitement going on here! Thanks for taking the time out to do it also, I know you hear that loads but seriously, it's awesome!

Sam Denney

Lead Artist
Frontier
Hi guys n gals!

I'm so glad you're happy with my answers to your questions, I can tell you are all really excited by Planet Coaster and we are too!

I've had a really long day at work and got home pretty late so I'm going to postpone tonight's session until tomorrow morning. Sorry to keep you waiting but I'd rather have my head in the game and get you the best answers I can.

I have a little treat for you all as well so watch this space :)

It looks like Sam couldn't come back tonight for some reason, or he would have posted by now.
Impossible. I want the cookie now ! [big grin]

Is it a log flume with real water physics? :)

Please!
Or a darkride ? Or a screen of the UGC importer ? Or ... more reasonably, something in relation with what he's working on, the wooden coaster [big grin]

Last edited:

Sawyer1

Planet Coaster Ambassador
tumblr_inline_mvp8od7ztu1rz2ce8.gif

Is this just me or?! [haha]

Impossible. I want the cookie now ! [big grin]

Or a darkride ? Or a screen of the UGC importer ? Or ... more reasonably, something in relation with what he's working on, the wooden coaster [big grin]

Whatever, I think we will have to wait till tommorow now.

Hi guys n gals!

I'm so glad you're happy with my answers to your questions, I can tell you are all really excited by Planet Coaster and we are too!

I've had a really long day at work and got home pretty late so I'm going to postpone tonight's session until tomorrow morning. Sorry to keep you waiting but I'd rather have my head in the game and get you the best answers I can.

I have a little treat for you all as well so watch this space :)

This was posted a few hours ago.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom