General [MEGATHREAD] Rebalances and fixes for the progression system, risk/reward ratio, ingame learning curves, pvp, and more!

It gives Frontier somewhere on their official forums to look for ideas from members of the community - it's not, I expect, somewhere that every suggestion will be guaranteed to be considered.

Attempting to denigrate someone in opposition to ones argument does not improve the situation.
Spamming the forum thread with the same answers over and over with nonsense does not improve your already bad social standing that you have in this community outside of this forum.

That's quite ironic you know.
I am opening up a post here with the chance for everyone to get to one common point, yet you chooce to spam the thread with biased and half baked opinions instead of looking at the whole image and suggest your own ways of making everyone happy and NOT JUST YOURSELF.

Same people who pull up the "bohoo you ruin my fun" point completly forget that the Open Play playerbases fun has been in pieces for years.
In other words, apply some common sense onto your answers!

Yeah, it's called a dialog. And, you're afraid of it. I don't see the whole image the way you see it. That is a sticking point with you. We disagree what is good for the game. I'm not here to support your ideas. I'm here to support my ideas in how the game should be.

Open play fun is on those in open. No one has a responsibility to make you happy. You and all those who push open play bought the same game as those of us who let people play as they wish. You knew what you were buying. Open is simply another choice a player gets to make as they play. Just like what ship to fly, what equipment to fit, and what system to fly to. Open and PvP is not important enough to disenfranchise any players. Not a single one.

There are ways to improve PvP, without robbing people of the content they already bought. My suggestion has always been, find suggestions that don't coerce people into content they don;t want, and don;t steal game play from paying customers. I don't think those tenents are too extreme.

you got to remember one thing:

not everybody start ED the same time has you. so they don't have billions of cr like you or alot of time to build better ships,
I'd like to point out that I'm new to pvp, and dont have that many hours in the grind, yet I already wish things were changed to make open and pvp better.

1589037330870.png

Please keep on track and up to date with the topic and make your own suggestions that contribute something positive for everyone instead of repeating yourself hundreds of times with nonsense.
As other people have come up with these^^ two suggestions in and outside of this thread in a constructive manner.

Last edited:

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Spamming the forum thread with the same answers over and over with nonsense does not improve your already bad social standing that you have in this community outside of this forum.
Pointing out pertinent facts, i.e. Developer statements, that may be inconvenient to the proposal may be considered by some to be "nonsense".

My lack of desire, as a player, to engage in PvP in a game where PvP is entirely optional is not new - nor is it likely to change, regardless of how some members of the community view it.

Pointing out pertinent facts, i.e. Developer statements, that may be inconvenient to the proposal may be considered by some to be "nonsense".

My lack of desire, as a player, to engage in PvP in a game where PvP is entirely optional is not new - nor is it likely to change, regardless of how some members of the community view it.
Then why do you feel the desire to polute and spam this thread with repeated and half baked replies?
Either do not care or do care.
Both at the same time is impossible.

View attachment 172580
Please keep on track and up to date with the topic and make your own suggestions that contribute something positive for everyone instead of repeating yourself hundreds of times with nonsense.

Don't try to police my posts here. I'll post just what I like, thank you.

That disconnect isn't going to happen. FD are not going to operate multiple BGS's. Ideas that have already been dismissed, by FD, don;t have to be treated with kid gloves. You cast them aside. Open does not deserve special treatment. PvP could use some magic dust to get more Commanders to participate, but open is just a mode. It isn't special at all. Plus, open gets what it deserves. Make your bed, you have to lie in it.

Suggest ideas to make open more appealing, rather than making it mandatory. Accept that you can only PvP with those interested in PvP, and operate from that perspective, and you'll see a different response. From me at least...

I participate in threads that attempt to restrict any game feature to the Open only as I have an interest in existing pan-modal game features remaining available to all players.
Then please keep on track with the topic and stop repeating yourself hundreds of times. Drop your biases and contribute something positive to the topic, like the people did who came up with these suggestions below:
1589038069590.png

Suggest ideas to make open more appealing, rather than making it mandatory. Accept that you can only PvP with those interested in PvP, and operate from that perspective, and you'll see a different response. From me at least...
If you read the OP, which you obviously did not entirely, you would see the Open Play suggestions that are under WIP to make Open more appealing.
Stop with your empty and sorry complaints and contribute to the OP instead or stop making yourself look like a hypocrite by replying with the former stuff.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Then please keep on track with the topic and stop repeating yourself hundreds of times. Drop your biases and contribute something positive to the topic, like the people did who came up with these suggestions below: View attachment 172583
I doubt that anyone in this thread can accurately claim to be unbiased.

Pointing out that Frontier have already ruled out splitting the galaxy is a factual statement - even if it is inconvenient to those seeking it.

Top Bottom