Game Discussions Microsoft Flight Simulator

Depending on how easy that is, we could set up some guided tours between ourselves to introduce people to our local area. 😃
And there's always Discord for easy voice chat.

I can totally imagine groups of people flying small cubs through the Grand Canyon, or following the panama canal, or enroute to any McMurdock base in antarctica, or following the great wall, etc... (assuming it's possible).

Esteemed fellow virtual pilots with beta access, if I may ask (and if the NDA allows you to answer, else disregard), how easily does the multiplayer work?

More precisely, how easy do you believe it would be for a group of players to organize a small trip together? Something like 10/15 people intentionally starting at the same airfield in small planes and travel somewhere together as a group? (a bit like Distant Worlds but with small planes). Does everyone share the same "game world", or it's a matter of chance and people might end up not seeing each other even if in the same place?

btw, can you talk with people in other planes?

Thanks! :)

That should answer at least some of your questions, I believe.

That should answer at least some of your questions, I believe.

Thanks for posting, that looks to be a whole lot of extra fun ladelled on top of a game that already seems to be chock-full of eye-candy-excitement.

Organised and 'narrated' fly-bys could be brilliant where the host has a real and intimate story associated with the flight/location. I'm already looking forward to taking myself on a low-level sight-seeing flight over Fraser Island - I did the real thing a few years back and it was worth every penny, with the whale watching (a boat trip) utterly amazing!

I'm also intrigued to see how well catered the modder-community is - I had a few favourite FSx-planes that I'd love to fly again. What with airports, scenery, et al, this element may be enough to steer me to buy the game from Steam as their workshop integration is pretty good.

For info, third party developer Orbx reveals it's approach regarding FS2020:

Some of the scenery mods available at launch or just after too...that was quick :oops:

If they ever do a Scottish Highlands and Islands scenery pack...I'm in :D

Hot Burbank action!

I keep twitching and looking for new videos on YouTube. This is gonna be a helluva timesink.

Last edited:
...with soul stealing cow eyes for landing lights? I'm out...

It would fabulous if there's a way of sharing 'bookmarks', especially combined with multiplayer, that'd be epic for meetings.
You can share bookmarks and locations on Bing maps...see no reason why the same or similar function wouldn't be in MSFS. Knowing how easy it was to hook up with friends via Xbox live too ... I can see it being as simple as joining your mates in game and being put straight at their location on spawning in.

My first task in game will be to fly all over these islands starting at our local airstrip...since I've never seen them from the air. I keep meaning to take the daily return flight to Kirkwall but just not got around to it yet. I've flown thousands of times all over the world...just not actually landed in most of the aeroplanes I took off in :)

Last edited:
....My first task in game will be to fly all over these islands starting at our local airstrip...since I've never seen them from the air....

I've got quite a few flights in mind already. This game I think is going to salve a lot of itches, and sell like hot cakes as a result.

Well, as usual things didn't happen as planned.
I tried to order the T16000 yesterday, but gave up on it on the phone saying I'll do it this morning on the desktop... then I found it's price was bumped about 15%, so it is now close to the Airbus version to the point I'd rather take that one. But it is not on stock yet, only as presale.

So I ended up ordering a standard T.Flight with a 2-month sell-back option - that is to say if I don't like it I can give it back, and by then I can opt-in for the Airbus version that -hopefully- has the design flaws fixed.

Well, as usual things didn't happen as planned.
I tried to order the T16000 yesterday, but gave up on it on the phone saying I'll do it this morning on the desktop... then I found it's price was bumped about 15%, so it is now close to the Airbus version to the point I'd rather take that one. But it is not on stock yet, only as presale.

So I ended up ordering a standard T.Flight with a 2-month sell-back option - that is to say if I don't like it I can give it back, and by then I can opt-in for the Airbus version that -hopefully- has the design flaws fixed.

That is probably for the best.

Looking at the T.Flight It seems to have more than enough buttons for all the "first need" bindings in a civ flight sim, and most "secondary bindings" you'll need you most likely only need them on the ground or just ocasionally in the air (like lights, brakes, comms, navigation, auto pilot, etc etc) so may as well use either the KB for those, or reach and click on the 3D virtual cockpit directly with the mouse (extra immersion points!). When VR is supported, you will be able to "touch" all those buttons and switches in the 3D cockpit yourself.

Meanwhile you'll have more time to properly evaluate if you personally think it's worth investing in a more expensive HOTAS or not, with a clear conscience and hands on experience.

Indeed, a civilian flight simulator like, nomen omen, Flight Simulator, requires a lot less buttons than any military/shooter sim, be that Elite, IL-2 or DCS...once you have gear, flap/slats, brakes, comms and autopilot as mentioned above, all the rest are pretty much non time-critical inputs that can be interacted with from the keyboard or virtual cockpit itself. Even a simple Hotas X can give you dozens of bindings with secondary (and tertiary!) bindings.

(I admit that the Airbus T.16000 and its dual throttle had me having some lascivious thoughts...)

Top Bottom