Game Discussions Microsoft Flight Simulator

Jenner

I wish I was English like my hero Tj.
Who else is stoked for MS Flight Simulator? I haven't really played much of the series since I was a kid, but I did pick up MS Flight, their last failed incarnation of the series, when it was released a number of years ago. I take it MS Flight Simulator X was the last one most people thought was a worthy successor. This new one looks visually stunning and I love the weather effects!

As a former Cessna pilot who hasn't flown in a long time, I'm quite looking forward to this. :)

=========
Xbox gamer tags for folks looking for friends in the sim. DM me if you want your name added to the list.

Jenner Nuwen
Mole HD
realoptimal909

Last edited:
Elite Dangerous is the closest thing to a flight sim I have ever played, this looks so amazing I would be willing to give it a shot if I could use a xbox controller and take it casually.

Elite Dangerous is the closest thing to a flight sim I have ever played, this looks so amazing I would be willing to give it a shot if I could use a xbox controller and take it casually.
If this MFS follows the usual route, I wouldn't recommend it to somebody who "just" thinks it looks cool. Imagine supercruising to Hutton Orbital. That's basically FS gameplay in a nutshell. :LOL:
But personally yeah. Hyped for this. I've spent counless hours in FSX and I even enjoyed learning the big jets and doing some (RP) long hauls.
But here, I see myself moving to Canada and doing some proper bush flying, which was always closer to my heart.

Me, I still have FSX installed on my computer and played for for as many hours as ED if not more to the point my kids asked me why I'm still playing such a boring game :sneaky: However, when we are on an actual aircraft and I tell them runway details where we take off or land, they listen silently ;)

Looking at the photographic background textures though, I'm wary they will most likely be streamed and sold as an online game. So, I'm hoping there won't be monthly subscription fees to play or sold too expensive for average fans like me. How many paid for P3D and PMDG versions for them?

If this MFS follows the usual route, I wouldn't recommend it to somebody who "just" thinks it looks cool. Imagine supercruising to Hutton Orbital. That's basically FS gameplay in a nutshell. :LOL:
But personally yeah. Hyped for this. I've spent counless hours in FSX and I even enjoyed learning the big jets and doing some (RP) long hauls.
But here, I see myself moving to Canada and doing some proper bush flying, which was always closer to my heart.

Sometimes you just want to chill out and relax. I've been doing that with space engine something younger me would never think I would enjoy. Flying around earth could be similar, its so gorgeous Ill give it a shot.

I really would like to hear more details about this. I played pretty much every iteration of FS since MFS 95 and got full extra hard drive of all different addons for them.
The thing is - After FSX they did more casual Microsoft Flight for Windows and Xbox and it failed. After that, just recently another company Dovetail bought licence from Microsoft to produce their own FSX for Xbox and Windows and it failed even faster. So whats the catch that will keep this one alive?
All hard core pilots already have their dozens of dollars invested in eater fully modded FSX/Xplane or Prepare. More casual pilots have pretty successful Aerofly and average gamer is (as two recent Xbox flight sims build around FSX showed) very little interest in the matter.
It looks VERY pretty I will give them that!

Will see when it comes out. If it heavily relies on net bandwidth, it's a non-starter for me with my current Internet access. Then, it all depends whether it's a more up to date FSX or MS Flight 2. That said, it looks lovely. Flying helicopters most of the time, the ground detail means the world to me... Moving from FSX to XP11 was my last big upgrade, this could be the next.

I have always preferred the X-Plane series over MFS, but this new one looks so good I will surely give it a spin.

There wasn't that much during E3 that drew my attention but the new Flight Simulator is a no brainer.
I never pre-order a game but this looks like a day one purchase.
I loved the previous MS FS versions and had tons of expansions for them too.

I really would like to hear more details about this. I played pretty much every iteration of FS since MFS 95 and got full extra hard drive of all different addons for them.
The thing is - After FSX they did more casual Microsoft Flight for Windows and Xbox and it failed. After that, just recently another company Dovetail bought licence from Microsoft to produce their own FSX for Xbox and Windows and it failed even faster. So whats the catch that will keep this one alive?
All hard core pilots already have their dozens of dollars invested in eater fully modded FSX/Xplane or Prepare. More casual pilots have pretty successful Aerofly and average gamer is (as two recent Xbox flight sims build around FSX showed) very little interest in the matter.
It looks VERY pretty I will give them that!
I suspect the lack of interest in anything flight simulator on the Xbox...apart from the previous offerings being dumbed down to arcade levels...is until recently, a lack of HOTAS/stick control options.

I still remember my disappointment when IL2 Sturmovik was released on Xbox...I had played the original on PC. Until E-D appeared on Xbox...there was absolutely nothing even vaguely flight-simmy available.

Top Bottom