Game Discussions Microsoft Flight Simulator

They'd better release it this year! Or.... or I'll be VERY DISAPPOINT.

;)
I have to agree with Chris ... There is still a lot of work to do and I would imagine that work is going to take more than 10 months. But it will be worth the wait.

I took off from my village airfield and flew over where I work to another small strip, it was incredibly (dare I use the word) immersive! The Bing integration aspect works really well!

I have to agree with Chris ... There is still a lot of work to do and I would imagine that work is going to take more than 10 months. But it will be worth the wait.

I took off from my village airfield and flew over where I work to another small strip, it was incredibly (dare I use the word) immersive! The Bing integration aspect works really well!
Well, except the grass and bushes on the taxiways of my local airfield. Those aren't very immersive. :LOL: I guess they have some work to do and things they need the Azure to learn for the places that AREN'T hand-crafted. :)

Last edited:
I thought the controls to be quite erratic especially yaw on both my setups.
Oh yes, the yaw is kind of twitchy. I managed to keep it in line with really extreme curve on the axis (basically almost flat in the first half of the travel) but they will have to do some tweaking there.

From the tools they've shown in the video it looks like the process is still partially automated, but yes, it is an amazing number. Even if editing one airport took just an hour, it means 37k man-hours. That's what? 2 months for a team of 100 people? Half a year for 30 people spent just on editing damn airports. :LOL:
That's where all of Frontier's devs are moonlighting...

This vid comparing MFS airports to the same Xplane airports really showcases the upgrade it's going to be:

Seeing the like/dislike ratio on that video, I think he may have just lost a third of his audience. :LOL:
Or people don't like screaming..

Other than that, yeah, it's pretty impressive.

This vid comparing MFS airports to the same Xplane airports really showcases the upgrade it's going to be:

There is absolutely not a single flight sim currently resembling the level of detail in FS 2020. Even X-Plane 11 is already many notches above all the current others, yet pales in comparison. (they also sell detailed airports as DLC).

FS 2020 is completely groundbraking, competition destroying regarding scenery detail. I can't wait to spend my hard earned euros on it.

Last edited:
Seeing the like/dislike ratio on that video, I think he may have just lost a third of his audience. :LOL:
Or people don't like screaming..

Other than that, yeah, it's pretty impressive.

Being honest I usually hate the screaming in many youtubers / streamers, but in this case it's actually a bit funny.

I'm curious about what's going to be the business model of FS 2020... Selling scenery packs, cities or airports as DLC is apparently off the table. So they'll have to make tons of aircraft to sell as DLC (FSX had 5000$ worth of DLC).

FS 2020 is completely groundbraking, competition destroying regarding scenery detail. I can't wait to spend my hard earned euros on it.
I think it may be even more groundbreaking that we think, considering it employs AI modelling. It means not only it looks amazing now, but also that it will continually improve in graphical quality as hardware improves.

I'm curious about what's going to be the business model of FS 2020... Selling scenery packs, cities or airports as DLC is apparently off the table. So they'll have to make tons of aircraft to sell as DLC (FSX had 5000$ worth of DLC).

Just thinking about it, its probably will be very similar, Microsoft will make a deal with 3p addon makers like Aerosoft or ORBX guys and share the profits.

Top Bottom