Game Discussions Microsoft Flight Simulator

I'm building a new PC now for FS2020. Most of my parts are already here, the motherboard and 2nd SSD come tomorrow.

I doubt I'll be playing anything other than MFS for the next few months!

Specs please! :) I'm only tweaking the overclocking on the GPU, for FS and the incoming Reverb G2. :)

All these post on updating their pc's; I assuming everyone knows that it will also be available on xbox.
That assumes that everyone owns an xbox. The only reason why I own a console at all was because it's a PS3 that was left over from a Black Friday Sale two years after the PS4 came out. It makes a decent blu-ray player, plus it can stream everything I subscribe to... except Disney+ :D

I think I'll pick up a T-Flight One hotas, now that I'm relieved that the stick and throttle are separable.

I finally got a beta invite the other day and so was able to try this out. The hype is well founded imho. My experience thus far has been very positive. :)

Signature says 'Visit Earth' too. :)

All these post on updating their pc's; I assuming everyone knows that it will also be available on xbox.

Which deprives the player of enjoying VR whenever it is released (I think by now it is all but officially confirmed). :)

I wonder how the 3rd party added content will work in multiplayer - so if you buy a Concorde, and play online, will it appear for everyone?
Also, still now answer on how the real flights will appear, whether the aircraft livery will match (I guess not, still).

I'm not sure if this is news.

I was wondering about that, how could FS2020 launch without any kind of headtracking support? It's great that TrackIR is being implemented, I was hoping for Tobii eye tracking support but I can live with TrackIR emulation for now.

I'm still a bit on the fence about getting TrackIR, I love my Tobii eye tracker, but TrackIR is supported by a larger amount of games, so I still might still bit the bullet and add TrackIR to the my growing list of gizmos..

Changing subject, what's that about "bush trips"?

I was wondering about that, how could FS2020 launch without any kind of headtracking support? It's great that TrackIR is being implemented, I was hoping for Tobii eye tracking support but I can live with TrackIR emulation for now.

I'm still a bit on the fence about getting TrackIR, I love my Tobii eye tracker, but TrackIR is supported by a larger amount of games, so I still might still bit the bullet and add TrackIR to the my growing list of gizmos..

Changing subject, what's that about "bush trips"?
I still have my old TrackIR in a box somewhere...I need a new pro-clip for it but I'm loathe to drag it out and set it up again after using the Tobii 4C for so long. I'll just revert to using FaceTrackNoir with the Tobii as I do for Cliffs of Dover, Rise of Flight....and Star Citizen. It's not a perfect solution but it works.

Last edited:
I still have my old TrackIR in a box somewhere...I need a new pro-clip for it but I'm loathe to drag it out and set it up again after using the Tobii 4C for so long. I'll just revert to using FaceTrackNoir with the Tobii as I do for Cliffs of Dover, Rise of Flight....and Star Citizen. It's not a perfect solution but it works.

Yeah I'll probably do the same.

Since you used both, how do you compare them (aside from the fact Tobii has more features).

Yeah I'll probably do the same.

Since you used both, how do you compare them (aside from the fact Tobii has more features).
The trackIR with a proclip is less...twitchy... than the Tobii with FaceTracknoIR. I still have issues with mine being way too sensitive or have difficulty keeping it centred besides toggling it off...aside from that, I prefer the Tobii in all respects, especially the eyetracking when games support it.

Every model not available in your client will be replaced by a stock Sopwith Camel model. Seeing one fly above 14000 m at Mach 2 will be a sight to behold.

:D

I'd hazard a guess all 3rd party models will be added as auto download into the standard game, obviously with reduced details so we don't end up with a 200gb game.
It just would be nice to have more on these tidbits.

Wow, didn't expect that one so soon. I'm impressed.

And there is a new video there showcasing all the planes and airports in each version.
Xbox live be damned, I'm very close to buying the premium deluxe right away once Steam sales start - even though I never flight simmed before. :) I'll get that hotas before Aug 18 too.

Being on steam is a major plus for me. I like having all (well, most of) my stuff all in one place. I regularly buy stuff from elsewhere, but mostly when they also provide steam keys, like Humble Bundle and others.

I was leaning to subscribing the microsoft games pass for a month to test it out first, but I find it highly unlikely that I won't want to keep it, so most probably will end up buying it on steam as soon as it can be purchased.

Also wondering if it's time to finally get more SDD space...

Last edited:
Top Bottom