COMPLETED CG Mine Resources for Torval Mining Ltd (Mining)

If I'm reading this correctly, bought tritium won't count towards the goal this time. Only mined commodities do.

So that means this could be one of the most broken CGs ever in terms of money making.
Well it could be possible that everyone just exploits the prices and the CG fails.

But you make more credits per ton from mining it.

Haha, I didn't mean broken in a negative way. Just that previous credit making CGs tend to end early due to the target being reached earlier than the end date.

With the current CG requirements, it's pretty much guaranteed to run the full 7 days this time.

Well it could be possible that everyone just exploits the prices and the CG fails.

I have a load of tritium in my carrier and I haven't a clue anymore how much of it is mined, (I guess about a third of it). So I'll just sell the lot and see what happens, then use the profits to restock some. ... And maybe sell some of that too. :cool:

Prices have been updated, may need to relog to see them:

• Lithium Hydroxide: 22,692 Cr/Unit
  • Painite: 212,198 Cr/Unit
  • Praseodymium: 34,480 Cr/Unit
  • Tritium: 206,828 Cr/Unit
Those are net-loss prices compared to the profits of just mining Platinum :(
Lithium and Praseodymium don't have hotspots so it would probably take 3+ hours to mine 512t and it sells for less than 40k...waste of time.
Tritium is almost as painful to mine so let's not even talk about it...
Painite can be mined just slightly less efficiently than platinum, but you can get 280k for platinum so still a net loss of 68k/t
So if money is what gets you going, you're better off just mining platinum, or trading tritium to the CG stations which won't count for the CG.
Doing the CG for the reward is also a waste of time as I am sure you can gather the mats required to buy the mining laser from the tech broker in less time than mining for the CG :(
🤑 Looks like another Cg where we have to hope ppl don't sign up before shipping :)
No worries as bought Tritium won't count anyways.
Exactly! A COMMUNITY GOAL is about coming together as a community to contribute to a particular goal! It’s not just about making lots of credits but any made are a nice bonus. Especially in a mining CG where everything mined is sold for a profit!
Yes, "technically" anything mined is sold for a profit, but if you waste hours for peanuts, when you could just mine Platinum and get much more money? Time is money too...:(

per ton maybe, but not per time, you can buy tritium and sell it for 150k/t profits, you can easily do 4 trips per hours, probably more, or you can mine it and do 206k/t profit per trip, but it's gonna take you at least 2 hours to do one trip... :(

Yeah: Why have prices lower than what you can find normally?

This really demonstrates the issues with the current mining system.

If you really want us to mine, then Community Goals like this one should pay normally but offer huge payouts based on contribution. Doing some quick math, if you just want the CG to equal(not exceed) normal mining incomes, then the top 25% of the CG should reward a billion credits. Mining Platinum for 20 hours at normal incomes would earn you 3b, while doing it for this CG would earn you 2b.

If I'm reading this correctly, bought tritium won't count towards the goal this time. Only mined commodities do.

So that means this could be one of the most broken CGs ever in terms of money making.
The clues in the title, Mine Resources for Torval Mining Ltd (Mining)
It aint broken, and Plat mining will make more money, do it for the community.

O7

per ton maybe, but not per time, you can buy tritium and sell it for 150k/t profits, you can easily do 4 trips per hours, probably more, or you can mine it and do 206k/t profit per trip, but it's gonna take you at least 2 hours to do one trip... :(
That is why I said per ton.

Time has a different value to different people because of too many reasons to list.

Painite can be mined just slightly less efficiently than platinum, but you can get 280k for platinum so still a net loss of 68k/t

Well, no you dont. Not if 2000 people go to sell Painite in that station - demand will be filled imediately and you will sell for really crap prices.
200k per ton with unlimited demand is a really good price - for these days.

Sure it's crap if you compare it with 2019 mining, but in that case you should take out the torches and pitch forks and demand FD to reverse the mining nerfs that happened during 2020

Exactly! A COMMUNITY GOAL is about coming together as a community to contribute to a particular goal! [...]
Arguably that's not completely true anymore. Sure, there are some CGs were the community works together to get a certain narrative outcome.

But the majority of CGs has the community actually competing against itself, while everyone is chasing their personal reward and trying to outdo others to get into a certain reward bracket.

Arguably that's not completely true anymore. Sure, there are some CGs were the community works together to get a certain narrative outcome.

But the majority of CGs has the community actually competing against itself, while everyone is chasing their personal reward and trying to outdo others to get into a certain reward bracket.
Yes - looking back for CGs where one of the following holds:
- the tier reached by the CG is relevant (beyond the token tier credit payout) to its direct participants (and therefore by participating you help everyone get better rewards)
- the result of the CG has impacts beyond its direct participants (and therefore by participating you provide something beneficial to the wider community)
(excluding "show up, score exactly 1 point, help other people get into the top X% for a reward" as a community mechanism, because statistically that helps less than one person, and excluding "competitive" CGs where there's no benefit as such to winning)

The most recent example:
... on the barest technicality, 25 May, if the CG reaches Tier 1 a new plot-critical module becomes available (no benefits for higher tiers, module is sufficiently critical that failure would clearly have resulted in a short delay only)

... an actual example within the spirit as well as the letter of my search, 2 March, where the tier reached determined the duration and multiplier for global exploration bonus payouts

... and not in my original conditions, but if you also require the impact to be persistent, 29 September last year (competitive CGs to determine if the Far God Cult was able to escape the Federal attacks)

So that's six to eight to fourteen months depending on how strongly you interpret "my participation in this CG will affect other players".

I feel that they used to be a fair bit more frequent, even including that CGs used to be "most weeks" and are now "1-2 a month" - even the filler player-group CGs "give this faction a new station", sure, it was a minor impact, but you can still dock at all those stations today. My assumption is that the thinking is "there's the Thargoid War if you want your actions to benefit others, so CGs don't need to be about that directly" to explain both the change of style and the reduction in frequency.

Well, no you dont. Not if 2000 people go to sell Painite in that station - demand will be filled imediately and you will sell for really crap prices.
200k per ton with unlimited demand is a really good price - for these days.

Sure it's crap if you compare it with 2019 mining, but in that case you should take out the torches and pitch forks and demand FD to reverse the mining nerfs that happened during 2020
Painite currently sells for 390k in 2 stations in Mandhrithar with each over 15000 demand...that is the kind of prices I would expect for a CG asking for painite.

Also the 280k I mentioned was for Platinum and not Painite.
I agree that painite normal high prices are usually with very low demand and being able to unload a carrier of painite without the demand crashing is nice, but it's still not worth it to mine painite over platinum.

Painite currently sells for 390k in 2 stations in Mandhrithar with each over 15000 demand...that is the kind of prices I would expect for a CG asking for painite.

Also the 280k I mentioned was for Platinum and not Painite.
I agree that painite normal high prices are usually with very low demand and being able to unload a carrier of painite without the demand crashing is nice, but it's still not worth it to mine painite over platinum.
I think that's a false choice. If I'm mining I hoover up everything and dump it all in the carrier. I don't throw away all except one mineral.

I think that's a false choice. If I'm mining I hoover up everything and dump it all in the carrier. I don't throw away all except one mineral.
I think I'll start doing that when I go mining. The carrier can hold quite a lot and you can use some of it for missions to get mats. I've been going for high paying stuff, but mats are the real currency

Top Bottom