General / Off-Topic Miniature models (Revell, Pocher, etc.)

One more:

Astute_02.jpg

DeAgostini models in the UK per their Model Space website has some of the most detailed models on the planet and they are proud of them. Why? Because most kits in a monthly subscription will end up costing the modeler about $1200.00 to complete. If you are totally nuts about the Star Wars Millennium Falcon with high detail there is nothing better with detail and 3 feet long.

I'm not into it. But loving Elite Dangerous if they ever come up with a ship in the game even if I'm not liking it I'll probably pay the $1200.00 to build it. I'm retired but players who are married will have to explain the purchase to their wives versus go on an expensive vacation with the family.

Regards

Maybe take a picture of the three grouped together ? :)

No problemo

Vanguard_Astute_Trafalgar_02.jpg

I didn't really appreciate how big the SSBNs are until I built the Vanguard kit. The hull is as long as the Type 45 destroyer.

Very cool stuff. I'm especially impressed by the ships. They're a lot more difficult to build right than it look. For myself, I'm into wargame miniatures, they're generally simpler and smaller.

Thank you. I've found with the ships that there are a lot of possibilities to get extremely detailed with the paint schemes and addition of after market stuff. But I don't go far down that path largely for the sake of my sanity and blood pressure. So mine are relatively simplistic looking by those standards, but I am happy with them as is. For example, the weathering detail and panel lines shown on your models - they really add an extra dimension of realism to them. It looks great but I don't have the temperament to pull it off :)

DeAgostini models in the UK per their Model Space website has some of the most detailed models on the planet and they are proud of them. Why? Because most kits in a monthly subscription will end up costing the modeler about $1200.00 to complete. If you are totally nuts about the Star Wars Millennium Falcon with high detail there is nothing better with detail and 3 feet long.

I'm not into it. But loving Elite Dangerous if they ever come up with a ship in the game even if I'm not liking it I'll probably pay the $1200.00 to build it. I'm retired but players who are married will have to explain the purchase to their wives versus go on an expensive vacation with the family.

Regards
Indeed, seems to be very high end.

At this price, it is better to be a good manual worker. :)

🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠😷

I didn't really appreciate how big the SSBNs are until I built the Vanguard kit. The hull is as long as the Type 45 destroyer.
The first time I saw one of the boats out of the water in the Ship Lift at Faslane - definitely a “bloody hell!” moment :D

No problemo

View attachment 177528

Thank you. I've found with the ships that there are a lot of possibilities to get extremely detailed with the paint schemes and addition of after market stuff. But I don't go far down that path largely for the sake of my sanity and blood pressure. So mine are relatively simplistic looking by those standards, but I am happy with them as is. For example, the weathering detail and panel lines shown on your models - they really add an extra dimension of realism to them. It looks great but I don't have the temperament to pull it off :)

Excellent!

🧐👌👏

Really nice work!
Those camouflage patterns look fantastic!

Thank you. I was searching online for some suggestions about camo painting and found a suggestion to use Silly Putty for masking. So I tried it (I was skeptical) but it came out nicely.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Yes you need to build an Armoured Division to have more impact on the shelf. :)

:ROFLMAO:

At the moment the Navy is hogging most of it:

ShelfButNoRoomForAnElf.jpg

Poor old Vanguard has already been relegated to the top of the entertainment centre. I have plans to invest in a display cabinet soon.

As for the Armoured Division ... Takom are releasing a couple of kits this year I have a greedy eye on:

1276634-17918-63-720.jpg
1265331-17918-57-720.jpg

But ... I still have over half a dozen other kits waiting for attention. So ... I will resist the urge to snap them up. For now.

Top Bottom