Mining Question... Locations!

I assume FC dock counts as a station for last saved dock right? Haven't had a rebuy when last docked on my FC, so not sure.

I can see the pros and cons of it either way. If it counts, then deep exploration is basically trivial given you can die and respawn on your nearby FC (vs before FCs introduced if you died while exploring it was back to the bubble).

If it doesn't count, then while that adds to the exploration challenge, it also kinda sucks in that your FC is now however many thousand LY away, while your ship is back in the bubble.

Anyone know for sure if FC dock counts as last saved station?
FC are your death repawn locations... yes if you die and the nearest last location was the FC then you go back to the FC with the same rebuy screen but with the FC as the rebuy location...
Yes Ive tested it..
Took out a cobra to see how long ships last Vs FC fire (extremely short time) and respawn on FC..

Yes you can which is why your not meant to stay on random FC that you don't know the owner off...
you have the cool down and jump wind up time to get off the carrier... but your not meant to Park up and stay there thats the risk you take...
Also they can Change landing access and kick you out at a random location as well... you could be in a system with No fuel scoopable stars so you must allways land with a fuel scoop equipped and enough fuel to get to another scoopable star... if your jump range is to low you can be stuck as well...
Thanks! Yeah, I jumped back to home. I had no idea, found another carrier close buy to sell my cargo and bailed back home. I thought you needed to be invited or whatever to partake in the actual jumps and figured I'd just re-spawn, umm somewhere, if it jumped but thanks for clarifying that or I could have ended up in God knows where and I was in the wrong ship for that for sure! Thanks again!

MINING! Where have you been my entire Elite Dangerous life?! All these years of starving, living paycheck to paycheck, destitution! Wondering where my next upgrade or ship is going to come from... it's like I won the Elite Dangerous lottery! And screw LTDs! VOID OPAL is where the money is, beautiful, Void Opal! Two meager little jumps to live like a Rock Star! To think, I thought I hated mining! Ha! I was bummed about some STUPID "egg" 250 Lys and a Brown Dwarf away, for paltry LTDs! Pff! One more little haul to "Elite". I think that will open the Founders World permit to Shinrarta Dezhra. Whatever, I'll be mining until I am a Trillionaire, if the girlfriend would stop interrupting me!

Tycoon.jpg

Painite and LTD High price boom today... Ltd Is crashing fast in price but it is high..
Painite will last all day ~ 245 million for 47 mins in ring time... sale location will be laggy...
EeGmdvBX0AAps38

Fozard Dock in HIP 19934 will be active...

Inara update now calls things imports and exports for stations..

Frontier should rename this game to Elite Void Opal Mining. The stuff is everywhere! Mining VO IS the key to opening up SO many possibilities in this simulator. There are so many Void Opal rocks, I end up passing up many as they might be too close to other rocks or spinning a bit too fast. No biggie as there will be another Void Opal Core just a little bit away. And when I hit an LTD Core... Pff! Ha! PASS! Void Opal is where it's at! VO Cores are almost ALWAYS on the edge of a ring, making it very easy to keep hitting until my cargo is full. 128t at a time for about near $200M a load. If you had a ship with real cargo, like I think the Cutter has a possible 800t, then OMG, a day in the fields would yield an easy $1 or $2 Billion, just depends on your level of patience to keep hitting it. And the best part, it's all within the bubble and no need AT ALL to travel "out". I've been doing all my mining close to Alioth at Amber (8), but it's everywhere! I've gotten so good at finding VO, that I can almost certainly tell a real VO Core rock from a fake with 99.9% accuracy!

endless2.jpg

Top Bottom