Mobius - Where is everyone?

I'm a member of the Mobius private group, it shows as having 19605 members at the moment, and yet I have never run into another CMDR since Sept 2018. In this time I have been griding Federation rank and have never been more that 60 LY from Sol and frequent Sol very often. Also tried Mobius PVE Eurasia, still never seen another CMDR in this time.

Im thinking it's some kind of network issue, any ideas?

Look in your contacts (communications) History panel to see if you really have not encountered any other commanders, or just haven't noticed them.

I have several pages worth of contacts over the last week, meaning I did pass them by...but I noticed only a handful. In open I never really notice other commanders either except in Shinrarta D and engineering systems.

If your history truly shows you aren't encountering anyone, there may be more going on, like aspects of your connection preventing anyone from instancing with you. Maybe fly in open for a few days to see if you still don't encounter anyone (fly a disposable ship if you're scared of open).

Last edited:
Contacts history panel shows last CMDR contact was sept 2018, I think I tried open, but can't remember for certain, i will retry it

I'm a member of the Mobius private group, it shows as having 19605 members at the moment, and yet I have never run into another CMDR since Sept 2018. In this time I have been griding Federation rank and have never been more that 60 LY from Sol and frequent Sol very often. Also tried Mobius PVE Eurasia, still never seen another CMDR in this time.

Im thinking it's some kind of network issue, any ideas?
I'm an early original Mobius and normally see at least one other commander every other session but I am based in Dezhra... my second commander slot is Mobius Eurasia and I see way less other commanders but am out in Colonia.... I think the instances depend on the 'popularity' of the area you are currently in/at/whatever/... o7

Contacts history panel shows last CMDR contact was sept 2018, I think I tried open, but can't remember for certain, i will retry it
What @Siobhan said is potentially your problem, they asked active members to request to join one of the newly created groups a while ago (like late 2017). Active people did so, sounds like you're in the old group. Assuming at least most "active" members did as requested, the old group would just be a bunch of folks who are not active....which would make running into them difficult. :)

Details here:

Mobius PVE Eurasia ~ 7800 members, tried that again last night, still never saw another CMDR round about Sol

Terra6790

Banned
hey i also play on mobius (ps4 group 3) and havent seen a single cmdr since.. probably as long as you! cant recall xD
anyone on the same boat now? (uk timezone)

I'm in the original Mobius. Yes, I should have moved but, well, I missed the call/I'm too lazy, and still hoping FDev might make a proper PvE option some day.
That said, I did bump into another CMDR only last week, so we hooked up for a while and did a Guardian site together.
I'm currnetly out in Tharg country trying to find a F$%&£% Tharg Probe.

That, your hit rate of 1 CMDR a year is really low, you migth want to check some technical thingy or another, sure someone else might know.

Deleted member 240115

D
I've had instancing glitches prevent multi-crew/wing stuff on occasion - run a pretty restrictive home firewall setup.
Those who've ran into the issue in the past - did you ever find a root cause? Was it ISP related? PC related?

I have 3 commanders. 1 in Mobius, 1 in Mobius PVE, and 1 in the American flavor.

I have found that with proactive blocking, I can pretty much get a PVE experience in Open.

It's a chicken manure tactic, but FDEV built the mechanics so whatever.

You park at Shin, or any CG, or Deciat. Leave the station and scan all the parked pilots for wanted or known gankers. Or look at that contacts tab. Or look at anyone in SC with HPs deployed. Even if the names or portraits smell funny Block, block, block.

It's stupid but it works.

20 years of mmos, and FDEV didn't figure out how to partition PVE and PVP or give the choice to join a pvp or a pve server.

F’Dev made ganking a valid playstyle (which is stupid IMO) so your tactic to avoid them is also a valid playstyle. Great way to get the full enjoyment of flying in open and meeting random friendly CMDR’s while avoiding the less savory types!

I figure many players join then don't play anymore. Some of my Mobius contacts last logged in months and years ago.

They're all in "Open". 😁
I certainly am - just doing PVE as well. :)

I'm still in the original Mobius group, but never play in it any more. I used to use it for Trade CGs if I didn't fancy the gauntlet of trade CGs in open, but other than at those I rarely encountered other players in Mobius.

The "xx thousands of active players" was always a little bit of a white lie I felt with Mobius, as I think many/most open mode players dipped into Mobius from time to time.

I certainly am - just doing PVE as well. :)

I'm still in the original Mobius group, but never play in it any more. I used to use it for Trade CGs if I didn't fancy the gauntlet of trade CGs in open, but other than at those I rarely encountered other players in Mobius.

The "xx thousands of active players" was always a little bit of a white lie I felt with Mobius, as I think many/most open mode players dipped into Mobius from time to time.

As you certainly recognized, my statement wasn't meant to be serious.
Although I appreciate "Mobius" to provide a safe haven for dedicated PvEers, I fear it's Frontier to blame, that the members "died out". First of all, till September Newbie-Update, the learningcurve was kind of a cliff, if your not used to (Space-)Flight-Games. And then there is the limit of 10k players for one single PG that even more tore the PvEers apart.

Furthermore, the lack(?) of content and "grind", that some "enthusiastic"(to stay polite) players have experienced.

I'm a 99% "Open"-Player and also rarely meet other commanders besides my squadron-mates or the usual ganking-Hotspots.

Our Galaxy is simply too big to handle.

All in all Nature / Physics are to blame really. 😁

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
Hm, I'm active in Mobius PVE Eurasia and did see the oddball CMDR here and now.

I'm not often in busy places though, so it's completely normal that I don't see many folks. It's the same for me in Open btw. no difference.
The remote locations are the cause.

To verify there's no severe Networking issues preventing instancing, you'd have to fly to a hotspot and check the Instances there (i.e. a CG Location).

Private group and solo....

A cowards way out. Hence why there's so many members.
I play in Open, and I block people like you :p

To the OP, I recently joined Mobius and find it empty 99% of the time, even at busy CGs. One night I did encounter two other ships, but neither were very friendly (no "o7" or other greetings), making me wonder why they weren't in Solo. 🤷

Top Bottom