Mods for the Intimidator Shotgun?

I read where the Scope mod tightens the spread, is this still the case?

I was thinking Mag Size, Reload Speed and Stability for the other mods

Any better suggestions?

I have a similar question. I've finally unlocked most of the engineers and collected mats but when comes to applying mods to my Intimidator I keep waffling on my choices. I did put a scope on one but that's it's only mod. I have another that I bought with Greater Range on it. I think I want Faster Handling for quicker ADS, but I hip-fire it quite a bit so Improved Hip-Fire Accuracy seems like something I'd benefit from. I wonder if Reload Speed is better than Mag Size for the last slot or not. Or Stability. And then the question of Scope or Greater Range or both. I just can't decide. (I've even thought of doing two, but then still can't decide on the 4 for each - and I'm slow at mat gathering so I'm not sure I want to do two anyway - other things to do in game, when I can play.)

Mag size for sure, I would also say increased range now that they have fixed the ADS issue. Stowed reloading with faster handling is good if you are planning on combo attacking. TBH though I would just go mag size, range, silencer and audio masking. I wouldn't bother with the scope, it wont make much of a difference and they might fix it eventually. Head shot damage is another possibility as it makes it easier to one shot them but head shots from the rear tend to hit the backpack or camera a lot of the time anyway.

Last edited:
All I know is Mag Size is first. Once you get 3 rounds people just start dropping. I'm thinking the silencer route as well.
This makes sense if you are usually one-shotting everyone. Once I get to grade 5 should I expect that without headshots? I'm not a precise shot - that's why I want a shotgun. If it takes me 2 shots to kill shielded enemies I think I would prefer reload speed, since I'll be reloading anyway (Or, am I still going to be in situations where 2 weren't enough and having the third saves time?). But that's coming purely from thought experiments as I haven't used either.

At G5 and if used properly 1 shot per shield and 1 for the kill. Having mag size does help quite a bit, that third round is a granted kill if the first 2 did not land on target properly

At G5 it’s almost always a one shot kill with the Intimidator, the three “pellets” bypass the shield issue.

To the OP, I personally prefer shooting from the hip with the Intimidator. It’s most effective at close range and I find Improved Accuracy is more useful because you can move faster, closing the gap between you and the enemy quicker.

Mag size is a definite, it makes a world of difference when you don’t get a one shot kill.

I’m not so sure about Faster Reload, it’s only 20%, IIRC, I think Faster Handling is better in general - especially if you’re using a scope.

I’m not sure Stability is needed on the Intimidator, but I’ve not tried it. I do have it on everything else though.

My Intimidator build carries 2 so I use stowed reload giving me near constant death dealing potential.

The scope tightening the spread was a bug, forget about it.

Got the ammo upgrade, stability, handling and fast reload on mine and I would never go back. Got a silenced tormentor on the side to complete the dream team.
Stability on single shot weapon with a low rate of fire?

Stability on single shot weapon with a low rate of fire?
Yeah, it kicks like a mule without it, while I can keep it on target with it. I think you can also fire the 2nd (and 3rd) shot faster because you can stay on target.
But there wasn't much else I was interested in, so meh.

Silenced: not on a shot gun, I need noise to lure NPC's inside.
Scoop: is a lie
Masked sound: see above
Hip fire accuracy: I want the shots to spread, as I can stagger 2 NPC's at once with it, and still fully hit one when close enough or using ADS.
Range: lol, not on plasma (if it enhanced the shot speed yes, but it doesn't)
Stowed reload: works only after having it stowed 5> sec, no thx (faster handling + reload speed makes it even more pointless)
Headshot damage: pointless in general PVE use as its a single shot killer most of the time anyway (PVP is another story)

Flash light: wait.. it would of been something. (if you could remove the flash light from the suit in exchange for NV without losing a slot)

Last edited:
Yeah, it kicks like a mule without it, while I can keep it on target with it. I think you can also fire the 2nd (and 3rd) shot faster because you can stay on target.
But there wasn't much else I was interested in, so meh.
Got to agree that most of the mods are pretty useless or simply too marginal of an improvement, but that's not just for the shotgun. The most useful mods for me so far are audio masking for the sniper, noise suppression for the shotgun and faster handling for my Aphelion/AR-50/Tormentor CZ loadout (yes, I'm a swapper). I'm keeping mod slots open on my weapons just in case they decide to rebalance or add mods.

Got to agree that most of the mods are pretty useless or simply too marginal of an improvement, but that's not just for the shotgun. The most useful mods for me so far are audio masking for the sniper, noise suppression for the shotgun and faster handling for my Aphelion/AR-50/Tormentor CZ loadout (yes, I'm a swapper). I'm keeping mod slots open on my weapons just in case they decide to rebalance or add mods.
I use a silenced tormentor for large confined spaces, where a single shot would result in the alarming of 5 NPC fleeing all in different directions and a high risk of an alarmed base (when I have not switched off the alarm yet). With it, I can kill one NPC while another standing 10 meters to the left hears nothing. The tormentor does the same as the executioner, strip the shield with the first shot, kill the tissue with the second. Because the intimidator fires multiple pellets, its the only weapon that can do both with a single shot, as there is no damage bleed through from shield to tissue.

I got some other toys laying around, doing nothing at the moment.

the important question to ask before giving any advice here is: What do you want to use it for?
If you wanna carry it to combat zones noise supression and audio-masking is completely pointless, for example. If you want a stealth weapon these mods are mandatory etc. (although i want to point out that in stealth gameplay you are usually shooting ppl without shields so the main benefit of the intimidator gets lost completely. A grade 5 executioner
oneshots everything that hasnt got shields on and that on an awesome range aswell. Even a tormentor pistol will surfice for most targets. Especially on headshot.)

For CZ-weapons i like faster handling and reload speed in general on all my weapons. On the intimidator magazine size, maybe? Its just one shot but one shot on the intimidator matters a great deal. Scope + greater range used to be OP (never used it myself though). Thats why i dont know if it was a bug that got fixed as someone claimed in here.

And then the next question is what other weapons you use. Some use 2 intimidators for example. If you do that gofaster handling, magazine size and stowed realoading. etc.

I couldn't bring myself to put mag size and have three shots from an obviously doubkle barreled weapon.
I have scope, extra range, hip fire accuracy and either faster handling or stability I forget which, but the fourth mod is pretty irrelevant it one shots pretty much everyone.

i feel you. That was exactly what i was thinking at first to. I mean the 3 shots of the double-barrel. When you look at the magazine itself, though you realize that the weapon isnt really doublebarrel. It just loocks like it. Cause the magazin is just one big block that gets stuffed in both barrels basically. In other words i am over that issue. ^^ I still would want to know about the Scope, though. I dont wanna put one on and then effectively break the weapon.

HAHA! Yeah, me too. I mean this thread here was also quite old already when i pocked it again. Thanks for the link but, as you pointed out yourself it doesnt answer my question. I know that this is how it used to be. I have a video from September from D2EA where he talks about the intimidator and how good the scope is due to the tightening of the spread. In here there is a claim that it was a bug but that post is a month older than D2EAs intimidator-vid. But then it might have been an old recording or maybe scopes put on intimidators before a certain date stayed that way but new ones dont (it would totally suck if you made that weapon and the devs nerfing it to the point where you gotta make a new once due to scope doing absolutey nothing to benefit you; in light of how modding and materialfarming works atm, at least).

You know what. I will ask the guy that claimed this directly. Maybe he got a good source or something. If i could strip mods from my gear i would just test it but as it currently is i really dont wanan ruin my grade5 intimidator risking many hours of work to be for naught. (thanks for the gamedesing, frontier!)

The scope tightening the spread was a bug, forget about it.

Where did you get that from? I havent been able to find any sources that state that the scope tightening the intimidators spread is or was a bug and that it was or is going to get fixed. Would really appreciate clarification on the matter as i am sitting with my unmodded (well "faster handling" but the rest is empty) grade5 intimidator and i wont touch it at all until the question is solved.

Thank you!

Where did you get that from? I havent been able to find any sources that state that the scope tightening the intimidators spread is or was a bug and that it was or is going to get fixed. Would really appreciate clarification on the matter as i am sitting with my unmodded (well "faster handling" but the rest is empty) grade5 intimidator and i wont touch it at all until the question is solved.

Thank you!
Well, in August people were firing single plasma slugs, so in that context it was fixed.
The scope nowadays indeed tightens the spread again, but not at much as it did at the start.

The range mod is weird though, I have a shotty with scope and range mod and one with only a scope, and I dont see any difference in spread.

are these mod shooties available in shops: D. I can't be bothered with the grind on weapons too.it bad enough for the ships

Top Bottom