Ships Module Resistance.

What they are and how they add up I know.
I want to know if I can see this figure dynamically inside the game.

Here I have installed 3 class D module protections.

(sorry on Russian)
lXgQbQ2.png

uaCxpdP.png

When I disable a Shield Booster Module the resistances update dynamically.
  • When my shields were active but lowered to 2% the resistances displayed on this screen did not change. (makes sense, still active). Shield health still says maximum (?).
  • When my shields were fully knocked offline through combat these numbers did not change. (surprised.)
  • After significant ship damage none of the numbers on this screen change. Including shield and armor health. They do not update dynamically. They indicate ship stats at perfect health.

Dynamic Update.jpg

Last edited:
I think that MRP’s just add module hit points to your other modules, and they are supposed to take damage before other modules, until they are depleted.

I think that MRP’s just add module hit points to your other modules, and they are supposed to take damage before other modules, until they are depleted.
I understand YOU, and then the protection of the modules does not just add up, i.e. you can not make 100% protection.

But that's not what interests me. When I beat the Thargoids, I have 3 protection modules from the guards. The first one I destroy I start to fix it and it turns off.
But if I use a normal module protection (passive) I can fix it in the passive position. I would like to know if its protection works in this case or not.

It's not shown on any of the ship's screens.
I think when a MRP is being repaired it is basically "off" and doesn't offer any protection for the duration of the repair. You can tell because usually only the biggest MRP will absorb damage, but if it's currently being repaired the next biggest one will absorb damage instead and there will be a slight increase in the damage that isn't absorbed and gets passed through to your other modules (because the total protection percentage is lower).

It's not shown on any of the ship's screens.
I think when a MRP is being repaired it is basically "off" and doesn't offer any protection for the duration of the repair. You can tell because usually only the biggest MRP will absorb damage, but if it's currently being repaired the next biggest one will absorb damage instead and there will be a slight increase in the damage that isn't absorbed and gets passed through to your other modules (because the total protection percentage is lower).
That's what I wanted to know. It is passive and does not require power, maybe it also works during repair?

And I was very surprised not to see this figure in the stats of the ship on the key 4.

the protection of the modules does not just add up, i.e. you can not make 100% protection.

The protection percentage does stack, although it combines multiplicatively, so it is correct that you can not quite make 100%.

To calculate it, you need to reverse the protections, so that you are working instead with the proportions of damage each Module Reinforcement Package lets through. Multiply those together to get the combined proportion of damage admitted, then reverse it back to become a protection number if you want.

We can turn this into an equation, using the knowledge that D-rated reinforcement protects 60% and E-rated protects 30%. If d and e are how many of each of those modules we have fitted, the admitted damage factor will be:

(1 − 0.6) (1 − 0.3)

To write the result as a protection amount, just reverse it:

1 − (1 − 0.6) (1 − 0.3)

For example, three D-rated modules will protect 1 − (1 − 0.6)³ = 0.936, or 93.6%.
If one of those modules was E-rated, it will protect 1 − (1 − 0.6)² (1 − 0.3) = 0.888, or 88.8%.

Last edited:
The protection percentage does stack, although it combines multiplicatively, so it is correct that you can not quite make 100%.

To calculate it, you need to reverse the protections, so that you are working instead with the proportions of damage each Module Reinforcement Package lets through. Multiply those together to get the combined proportion of damage admitted, then reverse it back to become a protection number if you want.

We can turn this into an equation, using the knowledge that D-rated reinforcement protects 60% and E-rated protects 30%. If d and e are how many of each of those modules we have fitted, the admitted damage factor will be:

(1 − 0.6) (1 − 0.3)

To write the result as a protection amount, just reverse it:

1 − (1 − 0.6) (1 − 0.3)

For example, three D-rated modules will protect 1 − (1 − 0.6)³ = 0.936, or 93.6%.
If one of those modules was E-rated, it will protect 1 − (1 − 0.6)² (1 − 0.3) = 0.888, or 88.8%.
That's great, but that's not what I wanted to know.
Will the module's passive amplifier work if it is repaired.
Will it also absorb damage or will it switch to the next one ?

That's great, but that's not what I wanted to know.
Will the module's passive amplifier work if it is repaired.
Will it also absorb damage or will it switch to the next one ?

Without a protection display available, whether a Module Reinforcement Package provides protection while being repaired would have to be a matter of testing, and it is a quite tricky thing to test. My best estimation is that the module under repair does still provide protection, specifically because it cannot be "disabled". That is to say, losing the benefit of a module under repair should be due to disabling it, not due to repairing it.

The best test I can imagine is to use a few Rail Gun strikes against a module (for example, the Power Distributor) with only one Reinforcement package, then some more strikes while the Reinforcement is being repaired, but where the attacker is watching the module integrity or ideally capturing a video. It must be the attacker, because the internal module panel does not update to show module damage immediately—although a secondary test would be whether the repairs cause extra updates so the target does see the damage immediately.

It must also be an actual strike aimed at a module and not simply a Torpedo with Reverberating Cascade, which is known to ignore Module reinforcement, something I helped to test.

I think they do work while being repaired and they can be repaired in combat
Like the canopy, they cannot be disabled and they dont seem to lose their function while being repaired.

I havent done any proper testing, but i use 3x mrp on a shieldless krait and, since i'm not good enough, i do take damage either from the swarm or from the interceptors themselves
The point is, losing a mrp leads to significant more damage to internal modules and i think i would have noticed if my mrp were being disabled in combat while being repaired.

I usually run a size 5, then a size 4 and either a size 1 or 2. Usually the size 5 takes most of the beating
Just make sure you check the mrp status and repair them BEFORE they get to zero integrity.

I think they do work while being repaired and they can be repaired in combat
Like the canopy, they cannot be disabled and they dont seem to lose their function while being repaired.

I havent done any proper testing, but i use 3x mrp on a shieldless krait and, since i'm not good enough, i do take damage either from the swarm or from the interceptors themselves
The point is, losing a mrp leads to significant more damage to internal modules and i think i would have noticed if my mrp were being disabled in combat while being repaired.

I usually run a size 5, then a size 4 and either a size 1 or 2. Usually the size 5 takes most of the beating
Just make sure you check the mrp status and repair them BEFORE they get to zero integrity.
The thing is that according to the site AXI there put three module amplifiers from the Guardians. And it turns out that this is not correct. The biggest and the first need to put a regular and as soon as it will start to be damaged, then immediately fix it ...

Top Bottom