Money (CR TRANSFER)

Money transfer is a very bad idea imo. The problem is that the gameplay would change (significantly) in ways that are detrimental. As others have said, we'll see an influx of gold farmers, spammers, hackers, and account theft, once credits could be traded for real cash.

Luckily, FD has said they'd never sell ships for cash; selling/trading credits allows for that to happen.

Exactly! If you want to play EvE, go play it. I play E:D because it's not ​Eve and I want to keep it that way.

I'm sorry, but that's utter tosh. Please tell us all the ways that "gameplay would change (significantly) in ways that are detrimental". Gold farmers? No, the player base is not big enough for it to be worth while. Spammers? Are you kidding? There's no global chat channel, so 'spammers' would have to spam 1 system, without even knowing if there is even another player who can hear. Hackers? Oh please.

Finally, my personal favourite, account theft. Oh my days. How does credit transfers between players lead to account theft? And I missing something?

Well i guess the point is well made against credit transfer, i guess i figured that most people playing ED were an honest bunch just out to have fun playing, i should know better lol.

Currently you can say most players are an honest bunch, but enable credit transfers (or even material trading) and you open the game up for gold farmers and other undesirables.

Last edited:

Deleted member 115407

D
Spammers? Are you kidding? There's no global chat channel, so 'spammers' would have to spam 1 system, without even knowing if there is even another player who can hear.

Yeah, imagine how fun it would be to drop in on a CG and have your comms explode with offers from w w w.+++goldfarmforU+++. c o m

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: NW3
Finally, my personal favourite, account theft. Oh my days. How does credit transfers between players lead to account theft? And I missing something?

Simple. If your computer gets infected/hacked, they have a reason to care about your Elite account. They can transfer all your credits to another account, and later sell the money online.

There's also a possibility I don't think I've seen mentioned. Pirates interdicting you and demanding not just cargo, but your credits too.

• Like (+1)
I was thinking you could transfer credits to a friend in game, like if my friend with six million CR was docked in the same station as me i could go to a contacts screen and donate my credits to him, real money never entered my mind going into this thread, so if i defended the idea it was by accident.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
There's also a possibility I don't think I've seen mentioned. Pirates interdicting you and demanding not just cargo, but your credits too.

Indeed - facilitating extortion would mean that "pirates" would not need to have any cargo space - all the more module flexibility to improve the offensive capability of the ship.

It would also mean that empty ships would be of value to extortionists.

Last edited:

Oh, you mean it would make piracy a viable career choice? Yeah, that would be terrible...:rolleyes:

Again, no.

Because this

Spam.jpg

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)

Fair 'nuff.
Just in which channel in ED would they be able to spam that ?
I mean which channel that reaches more people than are currently in system ?
Believe me, i hate gold spammers as much as the next guy, and i'm not asking for credit transfer.
But what you posted is simply not possible in ED.
If anything, they'd probably try and spam the forums to get the best possible coverage.

Last edited:
NO CREDIT TRANSFERS. EVER.

Quite apart from "pay to win" and immature players being able to leap straight into a 'Conda; the sort of people this model would attract are exactly the sort of people who use their mobile phones in the cinema, or park their cars over two spaces. They need to be taken outside, given a jolly good talking to about common human decency, given a thorough wash, and then shot.

Quite apart from "pay to win" and immature players being able to leap straight into a 'Conda; the sort of people this model would attract are exactly the sort of people who use their mobile phones in the cinema, or park their cars over two spaces. They need to be taken outside, given a jolly good talking to about common human decency, given a thorough wash, and then shot.

Would you by any chance be Donald Trump?

I once saw a Mercedes parked across THREE spaces in a multi storey car park (in the weeks leading up to Christmas). As I was struggling to find a place (I did find one) I reported it to the car parking people. When I next saw the car there were TWO parking tickets on it, and the driver was having a heated discussion with the attendant.

I think FD did not put in credit transfer because it takes too much investiment to raise an anti-gold-sellers system and team. I respect that. They are an indie company and they need to save and look at future.

The devs may not allow credit transfer, but in 2.3 they are purposefully implementing free credit duplicating.

If you join a ship as multicrew that ships earnings are doubled, trippled if 2 extra crew join. Plus the joining crew can just afk and go do something else and come back to free credits, can you say powerlevelling service?

As if thats not enough the ship gets an extra power pip to add per crew member to make them more powerful as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom