General Gameplay More unique dinos

I would look forward to more exotic looking dinosaurs like, for instance, Therizinosaurus (which could feed off the Tall Feeders), any of the Oviraptors (up to an including the massive Gigantoraptor, and would either need the plant or meat feeders, given that these dinosaurs were omnivores), Amargasaurus (it's a sauropod with those twin fin things down its back...how could be more exotic than that?)...to name a few...^^'

It's simply efficient to reuse existing dinosaur animation rigs. It saves a lot of money and time. This means we can have more dinosaurs.
Putting time into making completely new dinosaur rigs will mean there might be less dinosaurs in total.
Something like a Therizinosaurus would likely need a new rig.

Though it would indeed be nice if some more unique dinosaurs were added or perhaps if the existing dinosaurs get some more unique behaviour.

It's simply efficient to reuse existing dinosaur animation rigs. It saves a lot of money and time. This means we can have more dinosaurs.
Putting time into making completely new dinosaur rigs will mean there might be less dinosaurs in total.

Though it would indeed be nice if some more unique dinosaurs were added or perhaps if the existing dinosaurs get some more unique behaviour.
I get that animatoon rigs are an issue but still...
Also I really wish we had a non-sauropod that could eat from Tall Feeders.

I think this will happen naturally as support continues for the game. Right now we have 62 dinosaurs in the game, 5 of which are hybrids and I think 23 were part of JPOG. After the last 2 JPOG dinosaurs get in and the nasutoceratops, it will be anyone's guess what could be in the game. Fans are asking for some exotic dinosaurs with odd anatomy that is different from the standard rigs like plateosaurus, amargasaurus, therizinosaurus, deinocheirus, and gigantoraptor to name a few. Sooner or later we will get bored from the standard rig of hadrosaur, ceratopsid, stegosaur, and possibly large carnivore, and when that happens I think they will start dropping in the oddballs that we wish to have in the game to diversify our roster.

But I do agree, maybe an update to some old dinosaurs like the pachys could work. It would be awesome to see the maiasaura and carnotaurus butt heads like how they werer described to do so in the game. And small sauropods to feed on the small feeder and dinosaurs that are non sauropods to feed on the tall feeder will help make paleobotany a lot more interesting.

I think this will happen naturally as support continues for the game. Right now we have 62 dinosaurs in the game, 5 of which are hybrids and I think 23 were part of JPOG. After the last 2 JPOG dinosaurs get in and the nasutoceratops, it will be anyone's guess what could be in the game. Fans are asking for some exotic dinosaurs with odd anatomy that is different from the standard rigs like plateosaurus, amargasaurus, therizinosaurus, deinocheirus, and gigantoraptor to name a few. Sooner or later we will get bored from the standard rig of hadrosaur, ceratopsid, stegosaur, and possibly large carnivore, and when that happens I think they will start dropping in the oddballs that we wish to have in the game to diversify our roster.

But I do agree, maybe an update to some old dinosaurs like the pachys could work. It would be awesome to see the maiasaura and carnotaurus butt heads like how they werer described to do so in the game. And small sauropods to feed on the small feeder and dinosaurs that are non sauropods to feed on the tall feeder will help make paleobotany a lot more interesting.
Amargasaurus can probably use the Diplodocus/Apatosaurus rig. Oviraptorids can possibly also use the ornithomimid rig.

Headbutting maiasaura sounds like a really bizarre idea.

All dinosaurs are unique in my opinion, even the lesser known ones. Paleontologists haven't found yet what makes the lesser known species stand out from the crowd.

Isn't that kind of the point? I felt it would be a unique challenge for the programmers. Isn't that kind of the fun of bringing something new to the gamers?

Isn't that kind of the point? I felt it would be a unique challenge for the programmers. Isn't that kind of the fun of bringing something new to the gamers?
That's... not how game development works. Devs don't just add something for the challenge. It has to be worth the time/effort/money. Reusing old animation rigs is an efficient way to create new dinosaurs. Creating dinosaurs with completely new animation rigs will cost more time and money and thus is less likely to be made.

Yeah They really need to make existing dinosaurs more unique from each other. As cool as it is that they added in the nasutoceratops there really isnt anything different about it from any of the other ceratopsids. I was hoping it would have a big soc/pop to make it different from the others but its literally the same. it has a new kill animation which is cool looking but what is really different about it from a sino or a torosaurus?

Yeah They really need to make existing dinosaurs more unique from each other. As cool as it is that they added in the nasutoceratops there really isnt anything different about it from any of the other ceratopsids. I was hoping it would have a big soc/pop to make it different from the others but its literally the same. it has a new kill animation which is cool looking but what is really different about it from a sino or a torosaurus?
There are actually some differences the Nasuto has from the other ceratopsians. They roar by moving their heads forward and slow instead of upwards and fast, and their finish kills on carnivores are charging up to the looser, ram them, and make them fly into ragdolls. I haven’t seen them kill larger carnivores yet, but I did see them do that to mid-sized large carnivores in BestInSlot’s showcase video.

We got one of your three. All that's missing are the two JPOG dinos.

We got the last two and an oddball!

A Deinocheirus that eats from both tall feeders and fish feeders would be pretty amazing. As would a therizinosaur that fights back with large carnivore stats.

I think the herbivores in general have lots of potential for creativity, barring workplace cost efficiency of new animations.

A Deinocheirus that eats from both tall feeders and fish feeders would be pretty amazing. As would a therizinosaur that fights back with large carnivore stats.

I think the herbivores in general have lots of potential for creativity, barring workplace cost efficiency of new animations.
Yeah. A fish eater that isn't carnivorous would be nice. The carnivores are a pretty diverse bunch, but the chance of getting a unique herbivore seemed bleak. Until now...

My top kinds of unique dinos would be:
-A non-hybrid social large carnivore
-A scavanger
-A medium carnivore that can live with a large carnivore (like a hunter-scavanger relationship)

You know, I’ve made about a dozen or so conceptual threads of dinosaur diversity to at least some existing in-game dinosaurs, just as something I thought would be interesting to give out here to them. But here are a few small, simple conceptual ideas for those not big enough for more threads.

Stegosaurus: This dinosaur’s uniqueness would be where two individuals rub against other members of their kind to showcase more of their social personalities. Mostly because it’s the most social and population needy stegosaurs in the game and is the only stegosaur in-game without any shoulder spikes. Whether or not this could be a behavior status in game is really up to them if decided.

Diplodocus & Ankylodocus: For these two sauropods, if ground textures could be upgraded to affect dinosaur behavior, here’s what I think it could do to them: When there is Rock or Shale present in their reach, they would go over to it, dip their heads down to the ground to preform an animation in which they are picking up and swallowing down small pebbles (gastroliths). This is to kinda represent what the diplo’s entry in the InGen Database file this game tells you about the dinosaur.

Sinoceratops: This dinosaur I can see “licking” some rather tiny sized herbivores like the Homalocephale, or at least any small herbivore that’s resting down as a small reference to what the sino did to Owen in the last movie.

Archaeornithomimis: Since the forest painted areas have a radius for the Indominus’s camo gene to activate, maybe this radius can be expanded for the archaea to run into the edge of it and go into a hiding behavior mechanic by making it go into a resting position to make it feel more elusive to spot than the other ornithomimids, since it does have the proper coloring.

Muttaburasaurus: What I can imagine this dinosaur doing is literally sniffing other herbivores, whether it would be for other species or others if it’s kind. Then, when done sniffing, the dinosaur would then sneeze for a bit of comic relief.

Just some small and simple ideas I just thought of posting here for anyone to check out, just because I thought these were interesting to think about as concepts for this game.

Last edited:
You know, I’ve made about a dozen or so conceptual threads of dinosaur diversity to at least some existing in-game dinosaurs, just as something I thought would be interesting to give out here to them. But here are a few small, simple conceptual ideas for those not big enough for more threads.

Stegosaurus: This dinosaur’s uniqueness would be where two individuals rub against other members of their kind to showcase more of their social personalities. Mostly because it’s the most social and population needy stegosaurs in the game and is the only stegosaur in-game without any shoulder spikes. Whether or not this could be a behavior status in game is really up to them if decided.

Diplodocus & Ankylodocus: For these two sauropods, if ground textures could be upgraded to affect dinosaur behavior, here’s what I think it could do to them: When there is Rock or Shale present in their reach, they would go over to it, dip their heads down to the ground to preform an animation in which they are picking up and swallowing down small pebbles (gastroliths). This is to kinda represent what the diplo’s entry in the InGen Database fir this game tells you about the dinosaur.

Sinoceratops: This dinosaur I can see “licking” some rather tiny sized herbivores like the Homalocephale, or at least any small herbivore that’s resting down as a small reference to what the sino did to Owen in the last movie.

Archaeornithomimis: Since the forest painted areas have a radius for the Indominus’s camo gene to activate, maybe this radius can be expanded for the archaea to run into the edge of it and go into a hiding behavior mechanic by making it go into a resting position to make it feel more elusive to spot than the other ornithomimids, since it does have the proper coloring.

Muttaburasaurus: What I can imagine this dinosaur doing is literally sniffing other herbivores, whether it would be for other species or others if it’s kind. Then, when done sniffing, the dinosaur would then sneeze for a bit of comic relief.

Just some small and simple ideas I just thought of posting here for anyone to check out, just because I thought these were interesting to think about as concepts for this game.
Awesome ideas.

Top Bottom