More Utilities, More Problems.

Hold on - SAP8 containers are still IN the game?! I've never found one myself; thought they were just removed years ago as another dropped mystery in the game that never developed further.
I sometimes also manage to find "Debris field", "Convoy Beacon" & "Patrol Point".
The old stuff is still there, buried under it all and is not easy to find.
(i can't promise you that all of it is still there of course)

I sometimes also manage to find "Debris field", "Convoy Beacon" & "Patrol Point".
The old stuff is still there, buried under it all and is not easy to find.
(i can't promise you that all of it is still there of course)
Good to know, thanks! I recall the thought was they may somehow be related to the Dark Wheel and carrying one may trigger something. I know others found them and that 'something' never happened. I never could find a container so I gave up. But maybe I'll have to go find one just to see....I could at least keep a couple on my Carrier for prosperity if nothing else ;)

1685214137915.png

Hold on - SAP8 containers are still IN the game?! I've never found one myself; thought they were just removed years ago as another dropped mystery in the game that never developed further.
They're just random loot drops in the Private Military Couriers (and variants of) and maybe? in megaship cargoholds. You're right about the latter, but not that they were dropped.

According to the wiki, one commenter found one at Gridge Military Installation as well in 2021.

e.g PMC
tlZtYkN.jpg

Well, provided your medium ship is a FDL or Mamba, the only two mediums blessed with enough utility slots to fully cover themselves in a Maelstrom and account for the Glaives. The other 13 or so, plus a couple of Large ships, cannot. What little leeway the remaining ships have is likely to vanish when the Even More Advanced xeno scanner becomes a necessity too.
I'm doing just fine in my Krait MK2. I just don't get all the whining, there are currently many approaches to entering the Titan space, but yeah some ships will struggle or fail, or perhaps improvise and innovate!

I'm doing just fine in my Krait MK2. I just don't get all the whining, there are currently many approaches to entering the Titan space, but yeah some ships will struggle or fail, or perhaps improvise and innovate!
Granted I had miscounted the number of utilities, 4-utility ships are currently barely in the clear, provided they don't need heatsinks or anything else to help surviability other than a ECM for the glaive missiles. That won't be the case if this pace keeps up, though, and the only way to improvise/innovate past that will be to ditch your Krait.

Here's my Titan farming Chieftain (I've maxed out the three currently available mat's so can totally vouch for it).

When the new scanner drops I'll probably sacrifice one of the caustic sink launchers but it will still be perfectly useable.

P.S. sorry, you mentioned anti-xeno too, no offensive capability on this build.
I'll look into that. I might need to just have a chieftain for farming and one for fighting.

Granted I had miscounted the number of utilities, 4-utility ships are currently barely in the clear, provided they don't need heatsinks or anything else to help surviability other than a ECM for the glaive missiles. That won't be the case if this pace keeps up, though, and the only way to improvise/innovate past that will be to ditch your Krait.
I guess I should have clarified, my Krait is doing fine killing Glaives and grooming the thargoid mother ship. I don't anticipate any issues ditching one of the caustic sinks for the pulse thingy. In fact, I could probably ditch both and just burn off the caustic until I get through. No need for a heat sink either, I just use a thermal vent beam on the Titan to stay frosty. Glaives will generally not even engage when I'm frosty.

Top Bottom