Morons R Us

Refinery is more annoying than forgetting limpets - you can scoop manually, but they won't let you scoop the raw rocks :) Never mind OP, at least you know VO mining isn't broken as some think ;)

This is why I just keep one ship totally dedicated to mining. Swapping it all out is a hassle and I would hate to forget something.

The worst is if you didn't have Collector Limpets. Then you can harvest everything, but...

Guess who realised, only after cracking open a lovely asteroid chock-full of beautiful void opals, that he'd forgotten to pack a refinery.

Oops.

OP, i totally feel your pain. I did the same thing except instead of the refinery i didnt put an abrasion blaster on my hardpoint (i boo boo'd and bought the missile varient by mistake).

This is why stored loadouts would be nice.

I'd refit my Cutter for mining sometimes, but that's what? A dozen modules, attendant other stuff, weapon groups? And then if I want to do ANYTHING else, I get to do it all over again. Blarg.

Lestat

Banned
Guess who realised, only after cracking open a lovely asteroid chock-full of beautiful void opals, that he'd forgotten to pack a refinery.

Oops.
Oh my, that is funny. I did this in the early days of mining.

I never forgot my refinery, but I did arrive at a VO site and found a core and that's when I realised I forgot my limpets.
At least it miner. After playing a long time you should be able to make Limpets and finish up. Then return.

I'm sure I did it once. These days I purpose-fit ships. Especially, my mining rigs are FOR MINING. There will be void opals tomorrow.

I'm proud of your for publicly owning your mistake so that other people can learn from them. You're a good Commander.

Been there, done that, failed to notice the message and spent several fruitless minutes trying to figure out if the cargo bay doors were glitching or whether the limpets had failed before I understood what the problem was.

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
This is why stored loadouts would be nice.

I'd refit my Cutter for mining sometimes, but that's what? A dozen modules, attendant other stuff, weapon groups? And then if I want to do ANYTHING else, I get to do it all over again. Blarg.
Just buy a new one.
It'll pay for itself in a session or two.

Oops.
I feel your pain and shame.
I just got back from my first trip to crack open an asteroid.
Spent a day to get to a suitable system, found a VO hotspot and located an asteroid before equipping my brand new sub-surface displacement missiles to break it open.
Said things that would make a docker blush then turned around and went home.

Top Bottom