multicannon C3, the initial time between trigger and firing makes the module a little uncomfortable in combat. (Translated Post)

Greetings Commanders, I bring an inconvenience that bothers me in certain situations and is also recognized by some of my friends, I would be grateful to share this with you.
This is an old mechanic in the game and usually nobody pays attention as something of relevance, but I believe it is something that would make a noticeable difference.
The warm-up time of the size 3 multicannons is relatively long when the confrontation becomes faster and the distances proportionally shorter, in a combat between very powerful boost ships and low agility the distances always become shorter, 2 to 4 kilometers can pass easily and the reaction of the module to the command makes a huge difference. My proposal this time is to keep the size 1, 2 and 3 multicannons in constant rotation while exposed, increasing the time required to arm the module but decreasing the reaction time to the trigger command. they could keep the module at low speed to shorten the activation time and maintain aesthetic action in the game, balancing the time between arming and firing, or keeping at maximum rotation until it activates to cancel the warm-up time. There are several ways to solve this, as for creativity, surely the sky is not the limit from 3300.

(Post translated with google translator)

MC is one of the best, probably most efficient all around weapons in the game. I believe warm up time keeps it a bit in line with the rest. Overall weapon balance is non-existent, but making something even more powerful than it is, won't be that good IMHO.

I like it, you just pull the fire button before you know you need it, i.e. watch the shileds of your target. They flash as they start to go down, press to fire just as that happens and they get there at the right time

I like it, you just pull the fire button before you know you need it, i.e. watch the shileds of your target. They flash as they start to go down, press to fire just as that happens and they get there at the right time

That’s exactly how I do it, and when I swing my ship around I press the trigger before I have my opponent in my sights again to counter the spin-up time.

MC is one of the best, probably most efficient all around weapons in the game. I believe warm up time keeps it a bit in line with the rest. Overall weapon balance is non-existent, but making something even more powerful than it is, won't be that good IMHO.

Overall, MCs are quite good, but large MCs really get the short end of the stick with spin up times.

Overall, MCs are quite good, but large MCs really get the short end of the stick with spin up times.
Hmm, maybe. Though I have x3 Class 3 engineered MCs on my Krait Mk.II that ripps living hell out of anything it comes in contact, so I'd say raw damage capability compensates it in spades.

or keeping at maximum rotation until it activates to cancel the warm-up time. There are several ways to solve this, as for creativity, surely the sky is not the limit from 3300.
Actually it does not matter exactly which way instant fire will be implemented or explained. The point is that weapons mechanics will change. I think that idea behind the weapon is not to be like class 1,2 or 4 but provide you a way to try something new and different. I agree that it feels not comfortable from the first look but, well, it would be boring to have different sized but still same weapons. Have you thought why iCutter is not like big sidewinder?.. I see big wisdom behind that.

Mixed feelings here. I mean yes, when i run C3 MCs, i also notice the longer spinup time and initially it irritated me.

But by now i have learned to adjust my timing. Kind of like i already pull the trigger for the railgun before i have my crosshairs on target, i also just pull the trigger for my MCs a second or two before i am on target. So all in all, compensating for the spinup time is just a matter of a little training and experience. If a mediocre pilot like me can do that, it's actually not that big an issue.

Top Bottom