MWSOG: Milky Way Society of Organics and Geology

Deleted member 38366

D
I remember giving someone from the Bubble a MultiCrew Scenic Tour around Colonia.

Everything worked surprisingly well for over 90 Minutes while visiting many different locations - until I decided to show him Volcanism. Not a chance in hell, anytime the Volcanism got in Range to spawn, MultiCrew gave him CTDs.
We tried many times but his Client reproducibly crashed, whether he remained onboard or flew the SLF. Volcanism was definitely the Trigger.

---------------------------------------------

Silicate Vapour Geysers
EOL PROU LW-L C8-324 3 B A
Coordinates : -7.97 | 27.88

Eol_Prou_LW-L_C8-324_3BA-SilicateGeysers-1.jpg

Eol_Prou_LW-L_C8-324_3BA-SilicateGeysers-2.jpg

Eol_Prou_LW-L_C8-324_3BA-SilicateGeysers-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 38366

D
Iron Magma
EOL PROU NX-I C10-242 A 2 A
Coordinates : 12.77 | -43.24

Eol_Prou_NX-I_C10-242_A2A-IronMagma-1.jpg

Eol_Prou_NX-I_C10-242_A2A-IronMagma-2.jpg

Silicate Vapour Geysers
EOL PROU NX-I C10-131 1 B A
Coordinates : 18.30 | 176.21

Eol_Prou_NX-I_C10-131_1BA-SilicateVapour.jpg

Silicate Vapour Geysers
EOL PROU JR-K C9-213 1 B
Coordinates : 5.48 | 174.53

Eol_Prou_JR-K_C9-213_1B-SilicateVapour-1.jpg

Eol_Prou_JR-K_C9-213_1B-SilicateVapour-2.jpg

Eol_Prou_JR-K_C9-213_1B-SilicateVapour-3.jpg

Silicate Vapour Geysers
EOL PROU JR-K C9-213 1 C
Coordinates : -31.28 | -126.34

Eol_Prou_JR-K_C9-213_1C-SilicateVapour-1.jpg

Eol_Prou_JR-K_C9-213_1C-SilicateVapour-2.jpg

A few more tree sites.

SYNUEFE MZ-M D8-85 B2
-17.6473, 49.6740
31.9820, 45.2984

SYNUEFE MZ-M D8-85 B3
16.4435, -107.8894
39.7074, -127.0220
34.3651, 57.2897
15.6408, 66.7374
-27.3431, -142.0003
-25.8064, -147.1341

All the tree sites I have found have been inside ejecta craters, except for the last one above, which was near but outside a crater. There was also a tree site inside the crater. I wonder if tree sites can be located anywhere on a planet. Could really do with those explorer limpets!

My first bark cones (or whatever they are called)
Found by pure accident looking for brain trees in new locations. Turns out the POI behaves identically (big shrinking one), I must have ignored so many sites on my trips, as I never checked those if outside of ejecta craters :)
Oephaif TE-G d11-1605 3 A 8.3706 // 112.7304

ylW2INC.png

rjApKlV.jpg

Some changes I've noted....not sure when they happened but let me know if you've noticed these as well:

1. Geyser and Fumarole sites no longer spawn above the height map and then respawn on the ground but, instead, spawn properly the first time.

I just found a site and it behaves as always, smoke well above the site then spawns over ground, so I do not see any changes here. Maybe initialy it is being drawn on average ground level, then it is being corrected, so geyser sites that are not in canyons will be shown correctly?

Oephaif TE-G d11-1605 3 A 24.6907 // -162.6905

2J6lyd2.png

Tip for taking photos on dark side (normally this looks like this - smoke barely visible https://i.imgur.com/vpZiGqX.png ) - put camera underground, after about 5 seconds you will notice change in brightness (it goes up), then take the camera up and you will have around 5 seconds to take your photos with increased brightness, after that it goes back to initial levels. Helps in places like this.

Last edited:
I just found a site and it behaves as always, smoke well above the site then spawns over ground, so I do not see any changes here. Maybe initialy it is being drawn on average ground level, then it is being corrected, so geyser sites that are not in canyons will be shown correctly?

Oephaif TE-G d11-1605 3 A 24.6907 // -162.6905

Tip for taking photos on dark side (normally this looks like this - smoke barely visible https://i.imgur.com/vpZiGqX.png ) - put camera underground, after about 5 seconds you will notice change in brightness (it goes up), then take the camera up and you will have around 5 seconds to take your photos with increased brightness, after that it goes back to initial levels. Helps in places like this.

I'll have to try and get some video. To be fair I've only been to site with tourist beacons so perhaps those behave differently. I'll have to search for my own, wait. I did visit one site from the list but too be honest I can't remember now whether it spawned above the actual site or not, though I'm pretty sure it spawn correctly.

I'll have to try and get some video. To be fair I've only been to site with tourist beacons so perhaps those behave differently. I'll have to search for my own, wait. I did visit one site from the list but too be honest I can't remember now whether it spawned above the actual site or not, though I'm pretty sure it spawn correctly.

OK, to be clear, I am not saying the site you found does not behave like you described, c'mon. I am saying one I found still has smoke "error" so not all of them are fixed, I do believe one you found displayed the smoke correctly, I do not need any proof. Galaxy is a big place :)

Dryooe Prou XS-S b4-3 B 1 -1.8693 // 69.4936 found another one - this time smoke at correct altitude straight away.

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
Silicate Vapour Geysers
EOCH FLYUAE MC-U D3-442 2 A
Coordinates : 34.94 | 77.82
(Colonia Transit Corridor)

Eoch_Flyuae_MC-U_D3-442_2A-SilicateVapour-1.jpg

Eoch_Flyuae_MC-U_D3-442_2A-SilicateVapour-2.jpg

You quite often find different coloured layers of surface material, whether it's organic or not I couldn't say in your case, but on low g worlds the ground can seem very slippery all the time. Do you have system data and coordinates so we can check it out?

Sure do. SYNUEFE JB-G B58-6 6 H -21.1177 -179.3122. Its the planet with Exploration Camp C-N04. Found the screenshots, here are some pics so I don't waste your time:

htzbiyz.png

KI1ABAa.png

Silicate Vapour Geysers
EOCH FLYUAE MC-U D3-442 2 A
Coordinates : 34.94 | 77.82
(Colonia Transit Corridor)

Nice pics! Could you please take couple of shots from different heights, like example from 1-5km, as we at Dead Ends Circumnavigation Expedition are searching for geysirs, and theres some of us who havent seen them before, so i can give them some reference how they show from the "sky"?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
Nice pics! Could you please take couple of shots from different heights, like example from 1-5km, as we at Dead Ends Circumnavigation Expedition are searching for geysirs, and theres some of us who havent seen them before, so i can give them some reference how they show from the "sky"?

Thanks in advance!

I have only a few other Templates and this location might already be hundreds of LY behind me (unsure when/where I logged off yesterday in relation to that System).
Does it have to be this specific location? It was a rather oddball find, since it was in an unusual and unexpected location, so I'd consider it a sub-par example.

Since I'm currently enroute back to the bubble, I can't produce such Templates for at least a few days on known locations.
But whenever I discover a new one on the way, I can of course make one :)

IMHO heights of 1-5 km are entirely useless, since the key is not to visually identify them (tiny Blue POI will show within 10km w/ Scanner at max. Range and >1.5km Altitude) but to properly ID correct Candidate areas on the Planet to investigate.
Searching in the right areas at least for me is the Alpha and Omega.

I did write a basic "Mini Guide" for the CCN Exploration Division, if you like I can re-post that here.

Here are the Volcanism Templates I did so far (25km/100km/Surface Map) :

Volcanism_HIP61061AB2B_Template.jpg

Volcanism_LosA2A_Template.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Best way to look for geysers is to use glide and look for small POI, here is the example - https://youtu.be/H8HtIPtuNVs

They are visible from up to 50km in normal flight, but to find them this way is very, very difficult, so I would really recommend using glide.
I did post here shots from different altitudes, if I find this post I will provide the link

6km
WkN1F5N.jpg

12 km
j12kyiG.jpg

18 km
91vUIM3.jpg

44 km
D54kn3l.jpg

Good luck with your journey guys :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom