My Elite Dangerous Resolution for 2018 is...

To master (100% FAoff + fixed weapons), I've already 95% mastered flying 100%FAoff, but I have yet to hone the last 5% of accuracy to land shots with fixed weapons with a lead time like rail guns for example.

To complete engineering all of my 25 ships, 27 when the Krait and Chieftain are released.

I still have ships I bought quite a while ago and still don't have them fully upgraded and engineered, in 2018 I'm gonna change that.

Try to become a better pilot and hopefully achieve combat elite, although I can see both taking some time.

With the impending invasion of the bubble I may make my first trip to Colonia and beyond. I'm sure other features will distract me though.

I own all the ships I like and engineered them all, so my resolution for 2018 is to finally master FA OFF :D
And to go see a barnacle forest.

To master (100% FAoff + fixed weapons), I've already 95% mastered flying 100%FAoff, but I have yet to hone the last 5% of accuracy to land shots with fixed weapons with a lead time like rail guns for example.

An admirable goal indeed!

I did the same in 2017 and became one with the Plasma Accelerator. :) Mastering that weapon added a ton of fun to combat for me, and modifying the Advanced version I bought in bulk from Patreus via PowerPlay was a really good decision as well.

TIP: Buy yourself a Type-10 and kit it out for combat, with a focus on dual fixed large hard points. (Belly Mounted) I find it a very "stable" platform for Dual Plasmas against medium to large high ranked (Threat Level 4) NPC ships. (Pythons, Condas, Corvettes, Cutters etc.)

Although I don't use RailGuns currently, I am sure the T-10 would be just as effective with those as Plasmas. At least when it comes to accuracy.

Last edited:
Triple Elite the hard way. I reckon I should be there for my birthday, 14th January.
Already 85% deadly, so not much further to go.

To keep playing this time, without over-playing and burning out [hotas]

To try the things I haven't tried yet, without over focusing on any one thing and burning out [wacky]

To continue documenting my travels in the thread linked in my forum sig [rolleyes]

To not let the forum DOOM! put me off :eek:

To stick to my guns, and continue to keep a completely empty Ignore list.

No matter how much I want to add some (constantly negative or ignorant) people to it, copious use of such a thing leads to an Echo Chamber.

Riôt

I've been playing since Alpha, but never kept a character for more than a year. My latest is crazy rich and almost at Elite trading - at which point I'd normally start again. This year I think I'll keep him going and aim for triple Elite.

"Just a heads-up... That last bit takes forever, so you might need to extend your estimates a bit.
wink.png
"

I will let you know how I get on. I was averaging 2% per session before Christmas and RL.

Last edited:
Top Bottom