My first 24 hours

As a general update after 19 days

I will never sell my Cobra she is part of me now

Ive traded and delivery missioned my way to >60,000,000 including about 400k from exploring a bit

I still havnt had a fight, run from 25+ though scariest was a deadly Anaconda when I get a update warning I adopt a "never fly

straight "aproach If interdicted I submit at once and boost boost spin and low wake back to my destination seems to work

the Anaconda stripped my shields and left me at 26% lucky hit I reckon still havnt lost the Cobra though (touch wood)

Ive Ranked up with the Fed and Empire on the same day but dont think I want a Courier or a Dropship I will earn my Krait 11

nearlly half way there.

Ive semi mastered the navigation and my discovery scanner (last two days) and thats helping

I find having to lookup where stuff is on eddb whilst on the mission board a bit tiresome (where to source stuff) it becomes easier

if you hang out from a base and I take written notes a lot to remember though ones rep and influence doesnt travel as well as I

would have liked but does seem to become quicker to grow.

I generally avoid planetary stuff (unless to fullfill a commodity on a mission) havnt used a buggy at all yet havnt worked out how to

use chaff and heatsinks wish ther wernt quiet so many deliverys of 45t (I have 44) lol I appreciate the help on here all

Right enough for now back to work for my Krait and new adventures

As a general update after 19 days

I will never sell my Cobra she is part of me now

Ive traded and delivery missioned my way to >60,000,000 including about 400k from exploring a bit

I still havnt had a fight, run from 25+ though scariest was a deadly Anaconda when I get a update warning I adopt a "never fly

straight "aproach If interdicted I submit at once and boost boost spin and low wake back to my destination seems to work

the Anaconda stripped my shields and left me at 26% lucky hit I reckon still havnt lost the Cobra though (touch wood)

Ive Ranked up with the Fed and Empire on the same day but dont think I want a Courier or a Dropship I will earn my Krait 11

nearlly half way there.

Ive semi mastered the navigation and my discovery scanner (last two days) and thats helping

I find having to lookup where stuff is on eddb whilst on the mission board a bit tiresome (where to source stuff) it becomes easier

if you hang out from a base and I take written notes a lot to remember though ones rep and influence doesnt travel as well as I

would have liked but does seem to become quicker to grow.

I generally avoid planetary stuff (unless to fullfill a commodity on a mission) havnt used a buggy at all yet havnt worked out how to

use chaff and heatsinks wish ther wernt quiet so many deliverys of 45t (I have 44) lol I appreciate the help on here all

Right enough for now back to work for my Krait and new adventures
The srv and its missions are great fun. Id recommend grabbing one of these up if you get a chance. Also they are used for gathering materials for engineering. I didnt use one at first but now i find them to be one of the most fun mission types. Also also, the imp courier is super fast and maneuverable

The best way to practise interdictions is from the other side. Get yerself a wee Sidewinder equipped with an interdictor. Go to an anarchy system and pick on the easiest ships in supercruise. It doesn't matter if yer ship gets blown up seeing it's just a sidewinder

If you practise enough then you never have to worry about NPC interdictions again. You should be able to win all of them, even if you're in a T9

Another path you could go down is avoiding interdictions in the first place. Keep an eye on yer message screen. NPC pirates will always announce their intentions. Once you know the name of the baddie that's after you, select them from the "contacts" screen. The fun game is now to keep them off yer tail while still heading in the desired general direction. They've got to be behind you before they can interdict you

Last edited:
The srv and its missions are great fun. Id recommend grabbing one of these up if you get a chance. Also they are used for gathering materials for engineering. I didnt use one at first but now i find them to be one of the most fun mission types. Also also, the imp courier is super fast and maneuverable
I will get to it but I dont have a vehicle bay with the cobra as it limits my cargo Probably wait till I get my Krait then my samall ship can be just for those kind of missions

I meant to add I dont like fighter training in the sidewinder waiting for a mate to join me at the weekend in another cobra (we will both buy stock ones) and he will give me some one on one ( with our phones on hands free) so i can understand the mechanics and controls

The best way to practise interdictions is from the other side. Get yerself a wee Sidewinder equipped with an interdictor. Go to an anarchy system and pick on the easiest ships in supercruise. It doesn't matter if yer ship gets blown up seeing it's just a sidewinder

If you practise enough then you never have to worry about NPC interdictions again. You should be able to win all of them, even if you're in a T9

Another path you could go down is avoiding interdictions in the first place. Keep an eye on yer message screen. NPC pirates will always announce their intentions. Once you know the name of the baddie that's after you, select them from the "contacts" screen. The fun game is now to keep them off yer tail while still heading in the desired general direction. They've got to be behind you before they can interdict you
I am avoiding 50% of interdictions if i get a warning its a bit stressy though part of the joy of ED is the quiet tranquility of moving alone in the black I could do without the intrusion or if they insist i would like to splat them quick and then return to peace

I am avoiding 50% of interdictions if i get a warning its a bit stressy though part of the joy of ED is the quiet tranquility of moving alone in the black I could do without the intrusion or if they insist i would like to splat them quick and then return to peace
there will be a certain point in time when you will start looking forward to the interdictions because it gives you a reason to blow someone up. it's funny because I unlocked Tod 'the blaster' engineer first and before I even made it to a cobra. But then again I spent a lot of time on the training combat scenarios because at the time when I started, mining wasn't very good yet and even worse than some consider it to be now. Mission payouts werent very good because I didn't know to build reputation with minor factions to get better-paying jobs. I feel like at some point in time that should have been explained in game. I don't know if they do that in the new players area now or not.

Last edited:
Just had a low point went back to LHS 475 as I was getting good missions befor I went exploring and I am/was Allied /Friendly/Cordial they appear to be in civil war first couple of in system runs were ok then got hassled by a Krait Phantom so I jumped out of system on the next then back in all good did same on return and got jumped couldnt get FSD back and my Loverly Cobra was destroyed with their load

Rebought and it looked like they wanted me to carry on with partial loads but they gave me a small fine ok carried on and got caught by the same ship and destroyed again with the partial load because they said I hadnt paid my fine they took me to prison so I thought this and abandond the missions so they fined me 3.3million so they are definatly NOT my Allies any more and when Ive learnt how to protect myself and got my Krait 11 im going to seed there outpost with mines till they refund me

Did find a system called Sin on the way back to home base though and smiled think its High Sec systems for a bit 3 hours and minus 2.5m plus rebuys Grrr

As Filthy Mick says, you will start looking forward to the interdictions just like the joke about the randy cockerel and the vultures. But then after that, the killing of the interdicting ship becomes more of an annoyance. Killing just that one ship has less effect in your higher combat ranks, and you just want to do the thing you'd set out to do. Evading an interdiction in that case is quicker. Even when you have a ship bristling with lazors and gunz and can kill your attacker within seconds, you have to wait for your FSD to cool down before you can get back on your way

Evading an NPC's interdiction will stop them interdicting you again while you're still in SuperCruise in the same system

Im just saving up for a Krait and need to reconsider my cash flow

Perhaps I will stop trading for a bit and go exploring
Exploration pays quite well these days, if it's credits you want out of it. Just have to learn to identify most lucrative objects, and focus on hunting for them. It takes some practice and knowledge. I recommend to look up a guide, and small nuances will come with experience.
You just have to be really patient. Exploration is a time consuming process.

Im just saving up for a Krait and need to reconsider my cash flow

Perhaps I will stop trading for a bit and go exploring
The dbx is a wonderful relatively inexpensive ship that is absolutely perfect for new explorers. Of course your cobra will also do the job but the dbx will easily fit an afmu, , fuel scoop, an srv and an fss, with enough room for a shield. I feel like there may even be room for a repair limpet controller and cargo rack for limpets.

There's a great youtube channel from one of our esteemed cmdrs on here @The Pilot . Its an outstanding source for ship reviews, a personal favorite.

The dbx is a wonderful relatively inexpensive ship that is absolutely perfect for new explorers. Of course your cobra will also do the job but the dbx will easily fit an afmu, , fuel scoop, an srv and an fss, with enough room for a shield. I feel like there may even be room for a repair limpet controller and cargo rack for limpets.

There's a great youtube channel from one of our esteemed cmdrs on here @The Pilot . Its an outstanding source for ship reviews, a personal favorite.
I thought about that but my attachement to The Grey Area (Cobra) is huge I can get her up to around 25ly jump with this build at very little cost

I have kept small cargo and collector limpets (in case of any finds and put in a small afmu

My dbx jumps 50ly and has all its import core mods a rated. Fsd engineered jump range and mass manager. I could get more if i dropped the hardpoints maybe lowered my thrusters to D and engendered everything to lightweight i could probably jump close to 65 or 70. However, one could be missing quite a few interesting star systems in those 70ly also. Which is why i say go with what works for you, as long as you enjoy it its the right choice

If im off exploring unvisited planets on a long system hop where the systems are 60% inhabited should i regularly stop at stations to sell my data maybe refuel and repair pluses and any minuses

Top Bottom