My franchise saves will not load

If it was the same for all my zoos I'd say my firewall is blocking something. But it's just that one zoo, and every save I have of that zoo. Other zoos? They load just fine.

Today the Frontier support replied to my ticket for my 500+ hours suddenly unloadable franchise zoo filed last Friday.

I do not want to share the original email but the summary of the reply is a real bummer to all players hoping to get a fast fix for this:
They do not know the roots of the issue AND they are not even able to test the save(s) because they have no appropriate environment for this, they seem to only start working on an testing environment for franchise. Currently they are only able to load save files in a sandbox environment. The bottom line was I should wait if there is a potential fix in the future.

Furthermore, I should contribute to this existing https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/9410 topic on their issue tracker that the QA and development teams get aware of the issue. Why on earth should I, the customer, do the job of communicating with other departments??? Get your internal processes fixed! An issue, which is currently growing everyday should be important enough to get prioritized when your face to the customer, the support team, is confronted with many unloadable saves!

Your self-proclaimed 'AAA' game company might target the 40-60 hours average player, who contribute to the majority of positive steam reviews. Like every other major developer does.
But as you have clearly stated with (a rushed) arctic DLC just 4 weeks after release you are interested in additional sales to your customers. Still today, many people all over the world, are working on making customers loyal long-term customers and leverage on their spendings. And that's ok, but you have to deliver the quality and performance to benefit from this.

Maybe that's an igniting reasoning why you should re-consider the communication to your existing player base (road-map, a real Q+A, dealing with bugs/ major issues) and the state of your game, especially when it comes to the prominently advertised 'community' driven and 'management' multi-player franchise game mode. E.g. poor economic balancing, lagging online market, poorly optimized game performance when it comes to build a real (large) zoo.

Last edited:
Ah man.. that's really a bummer, 500+ hours !
I was already bummed out with my 100+ hours one.

I do believe they want to fix it but not having a proper testing environment for franchise? That's actually bad news..
Why add a feature to a game but don't have proper tools to test out that feature?
I know you can't test every part of the game but save-games are an important one.

Not the best motivation to play the franchise mode but to just stick to challenge/sandbox.
Haven't heard any problems with savegames from those options.

Ah man.. that's really a bummer, 500+ hours !
I was already bummed out with my 100+ hours one.
Thanks, shared pain is easier to bear :LOL:
Yeah, it's really frustrating (though it's just a video game) because I had been able to deal with every bug or major issue in the past with this save, even with really corrupted saves and reanimate it with an older save of this zoo.
In this particular case I did hope for a kind of quick solution because this zoo is loadable with the oldest save, but if you just let it run and then save it, the resulting save is stuck in the forever loading screen. Thus, I sent them the two saves, which could help to just 'compare' the two saves. But when there is no testing environment....
But MAYBE these two saves as well as saves from all other contributing players might help to nail the issue down AFTER someone/ something/ a wonder (?) have made the developers/ qa people made aware of people no longer being able to play. And every single day according to this forum and steam and reddit more and more face this issue.

I am definitely out of franchise mode, the fun of playing this 'challenge' online mode is outweighted by the negative aspects outlined in my previous post and the risk of losing another zoo suddenly somewhen.

Yeah, It's frustrating because this is a game where you build something and spend a lot of time getting everything right.

I am definitely out of franchise mode, the fun of playing this 'challenge' online mode is outweighted by the negative aspects outlined in my previous post and the risk of losing another zoo suddenly somewhen.

Won't be spending much time in franchise anymore. I have a few zoos but will use these only for the online community challenges, if the challenge can be done in a short period of time.

I've lost a second zoo to this bug now. I'm not a happy customer at all at this moment and I know I wont get any sort of feedback if I fill a second report..
I've lost faith in my abilty to have fun while I stress each time I need to reload a zoo.... reload sometimes to actually fix another bug or drop in FPS.
I'm out. Call me when this game works.

I've lost a second zoo to this bug now. I'm not a happy customer at all at this moment and I know I wont get any sort of feedback if I fill a second report..
I've lost faith in my abilty to have fun while I stress each time I need to reload a zoo.... reload sometimes to actually fix another bug or drop in FPS.
I'm out. Call me when this game works.
I feel you...did you get a response to your first ticket by the support team?

I feel you...did you get a response to your first ticket by the support team?

Never. Filled a total of 7various bug report. One full day test result on the forum 4 pages long, 3 pages long proposal for a new ticket management... and bout 200 hundred free 3d Models for their planet coaster game... I can't even get a : "thanks... we'll look it up".

Well, I am in the club now aswell - my current favourite franchise zoo wont load anymore. I tried it with deleting the never savefiles, but now I am stuck to only one and its not helping at all, which is such a pity - I had such problems before with other zoos, but deleting files sloved them before... Now it didnt:cry:
It kind of did kill my motivation, though. Its not the franchise zoo I have most money in, but it was the only one that currently had no issues and was doing very well, even though I have many expensive animals there. And it was the first one I tried to actually make pretty. Currently I am undecided if I should just delete the last file to get my animals back (I have many pretty expensive and rare animals there like I huge part of my albino Panda and African Elephant stock there) or wait and hope it might get fixed again...

My first franchise zoo was runied by the protester bug, my "second" zoo has lots of budget, but a few days after the last patch, refunds increase while donations decrease and I am going to making over 100k+ to up to -200k a year - without changing anything. Sometimes it would go back to normal by itself, or at least if I closed it, but the problem comes always back and I feel pretty helpless about how to fix it, as the majority of the leaving guest have pretty much all their needs in the green, aswell as education and all their negative thoughts are "I wish I could have stayed longer to see x" :cautious: And the performence there got also worse. That time I was actually motivated to start new...

So yeah, now losing my probaly best zoo so far dosent make me happy at all... Pluse currently I cant access valuable breeding animals. Not to forget I have some young Indian Elephants there that were short from maturing to release them for the challange.
It frustrated me so much that I just made a zoo to just breed and mature Elephants for the challange. Its of course deep in the red, but I dont care about it at all🤷‍♀️

And please Frontier, please please add shared research for Franchise, even if you have to pay CCs for each research subject in each zoo... thinking to have to start slow again is already kind of "meh", but thinking about how I will have to research everything again and again, because losing zoos due to techincal issuses, is really tedious and taking away the fun for me currently. I think I will never be able to get this Zoopedia achievement😕

Hopefully the next patch might fix it, though. I remember during beta I also lost a zoo like that, but when I tried later after the patches, I could access it again... So I hope for a wonder first.

I just lost my biggest zoo too to the infinte loading screen :( :( :( First time it happened to me but still feels absolutly horrible :( :( I had about 350 animals and about 10mill in profit. The first "real" zoo I made in franchise, was getting ready to get involved in my first challenge... And now it's all gone :( :(

Google translator:

Hi there,
I also had a zoo that could no longer be opened. But an update has remedied this.

Don't give up the zoo.
You can probably use it again after one or the other update.

You can also delete the last saved file on the computer after saving the file on your computer.

It helps some.

This hadn't helped me.

Good luck
Gabi

Original:

Hallo,
ich hatte auch einen Zoo der sich nichtmehr öffnen lies. Aber ein Update hat Abhilfe geschaffen.

Gib den Zoo nicht auf.
Vermutlich kannst du ihn nach dem ein oder anderen Update wieder benutzen.

Du kannst auch, nachdem du die Datei auf dem Computer gesichert hast, die letzte Speicherdatei auf dem Computer löschen.

Bei manchen hilft das.

Mir hatte dies nicht geholfen.

Viel Glück
Gabi

ok got a old save to load and and save and reload so its working ok i guess that's something, good thing its put all the animals from the habitat's that i built that were not in old save in the trade center....

i just tryed loading my 1st zoo with messed up save and it loaded this is crazy, lost my new zoo got my old one back, .......

Today's update did not fix the issue with saves being stuck in an endless loading screen. After successfully loading my zoo, saving and reloading it results in the same issue as before. any other experiences?

And it happened a second time!

For the Aldabra-Tortoise challenge I started a new zoo, which I started to built since then.
One hour ago I started the save from yesterday, added some new males, sold some surplus animals and started to build a new enclosure.
Just to see how big I made the Cheetah enclosure in my old zoo (which had the same problem of not loading a few weeks ago but I achieved to recover), I saved, switched to the old, saved the old one and wanted to go back to the newer zoo....the saves of today and the savegame I loaded just an hour ago end up in the endless loading loop.

What is this?!?!?? :mad:

Update:
After removing all saves from today, Main Zoo II started again with the save from yesterday.
Could play on some more hours, before I had to stop.
Wanted to continue now....guess what: yesterdays' savegame is no longer in the savegame list and n-o-ne of the savegames after the recovery this afternoon does load.
Pretty p***ed off right now!!

Last edited:
And now a 3rd time, cant get any save to load now, tryed all the things to get to load, and with the new tab bug after new patch........its not fun anymore...lol

Not a loading loop, but just... loading, seeing my zoo for one second, then back to loading and then back to main menu. Doesn't matter which save file I try of that one particular zoo. Thanks for still not solving this problem.

Top Bottom