My Future DLC Ideas

The Arctic has been covered three times: the Arctic pack, the Europe pack and the North America animal pack. I don't really see any problems in having several packs focusing totally or partly in a region that has been covered before if the name is different enough to avoid confusion. If you want the Arctic fox, you buy the North America animal pack and that doesn't imply that the fox is not an Arctic animal. Same applies to the lynx with the Europe pack.
To be fair, Frontier used to have the Arctic labelled as its own continent. This would explain why it got its own DLC pack. With Oceania, that supersedes Australia as a continent name-wise. But Australia was chosen as the more marketable name for the "Oceania Pack".

Isn't Oceania the common name for Australia, New Zealand, New Guinea, and all those thousands of islands in that part of the world?

The Australia pack was very clearly about Australia the country, and not about Oceania.

Asia, Europe, America, Africa, and Oceania are the 5 parts of the world I always had to learn at school.

Also let me just say that Oceania is a beautiful name, and I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to buy a DLC just because it had the name Oceania in it 😌🤪

Isn't Oceania the common name for Australia, New Zealand, New Guinea, and all those thousands of islands in that part of the world?

The Australia pack was very clearly about Australia the country, and not about Oceania.

Asia, Europe, America, Africa, and Oceania are the 5 parts of the world I always had to learn at school.

Also let me just say that Oceania is a beautiful name, and I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to buy a DLC just because it had the name Oceania in it 😌🤪
Yes, the continent consisting of Australia, New Zealand and so on is called Oceania and I am also the opinion that the first pack was more or less about the country Australia. All animals are found in Australia.

But the parts in the world are a bit more different than we learnt in school (me also). As real Continents you have North America, South America, Oceania, Africa, Eurasia and Antarctica. Europe just gets a special role and is listed as a continent because of its cultural and historical background which differs a lot from the rest of Eurasia.

But it doesn't mind. In fact I think there is no problem to make a Oceania DLC regarding of selling the pack. I can count 10+ animals which would be great addition to the pack. As I already mentioned I believe most people know what Oceania is. And in the end I think the naming of the pack is not so important as we often make it. In contrast to big companies there is only a limited amount of customers (and most of them just want nice animals (+scenery)) and no concurrence product.

Top Bottom