My Ultimate Trader Cutter

I also surprised about how effective the shields are, I was expecting it to on par with a standard 6A shield, but when I run these numbers in Coriolis, I have to step up to a class 6 prismatic with G5 Thermal Resistance and High Capacity, to get the similar numbers, so it seems that I got a really good roll on that one. But anyway, I would still like for everyone to be able to make class 5 shields for Cutters.

I have no problem taking on NPC mission targets, compared to my Type 9, that need endure until help arrives if I want to kill them. Still experimenting with weapons, there is a reason why my Type 9 is named "Will not turn"...

There so many smaller things regarding the NPC's consitency etc that I hope FDev is working on. I would love for us to have more varied missions where ships like OPs is "required" due to the destination is in a dangerous location with high level NPC's coming after you... As well milk runs to "safe" systems where shields is perfectly fine... so we get to option to choose mission that caters to our risk taking preference. And Ethaidan's pirate build would get some lovely content do, where he picks up piracy missions in anarchy systems... Oh well you can always dream...
If there is one thing I would like to see in the game it's higher risk missions where a Cutter with a class 8 prismatic could be threatened. I agree this would need to be offset by the availability of plenty of easier missions, especially for new players as higher level missions seem to appear purely as a result of being allied to a faction. Potentially you could then up the engineering and ability on high level NPCs on the difficult missions.

I wouldn't say you need an anarchy system for piracy though. I've a Clipper which will do the job nicely in medium security. Pirating NPC mining T-9s in boom agriculture systems is more fun for me than blowing up rocks.

If there is one thing I would like to see in the game it's higher risk missions where a Cutter with a class 8 prismatic could be threatened. I agree this would need to be offset by the availability of plenty of easier missions, especially for new players as higher level missions seem to appear purely as a result of being allied to a faction. Potentially you could then up the engineering and ability on high level NPCs on the difficult missions.

I wouldn't say you need an anarchy system for piracy though. I've a Clipper which will do the job nicely in medium security. Pirating NPC mining T-9s in boom agriculture systems is more fun for me than blowing up rocks.
Anarachy system is where I think it makes sense to find Piracy missions (and other mission that makes you wanted), and based on their difficulty, they take you to different security levels systems to find your targets...

Top Bottom