Need cutter build advice PVE - i'm a newbie

There are many combos. I can post mine, but it is suited for thargoid interceptor combat. I'm not skilled to do cold running, so I go big on defense.
These links are from last year, but largely my build remains the same. Currently I have my ship outfitted for mass mining.
Anti-Xeno config: https://s.orbis.zone/3v6k
NPC Shooting: https://s.orbis.zone/6jwv

Now, this is overkill for npcs, but still. Also, I have become quite a good shot with rails, so the hammers work well for me. Hammers aren't for everyone. Also, you don't NEED the prismatics. Both the hammers and prismatics require more work. I went into an imperial exchange program to work for them myself (IE: joined and worked for blue hair for four weeks).

I have beams on one button and kinetics on another.

I don't know what you are flying now but the cutter isn't going to handle the same.
He won't have any engineering after three days!

3nd day of playin and already in cutter?

Too early for a cutter, imo. To fly it properly you need bit of experience, also dont bother to use it without engineering it first to g5, for anything else than bulk trade.

smell a troll. If you're not a troll, could you explain how you managed to rank up in two days? I think many would be interested.
Yes
I'm impressed a noob can pick-up the game, follow online guides, and get what he wants in 3 days.
Right?
Odd that the OP can figure out the basics playing the game, gets a billion CR and a cutter from watching youtube videos in three days but comes to a forum for PvE build suggestions. I would have thought basic PvE build would be pretty easy and obvious in comparison.
And there it is! This is what’s off for me as well. This seems like a troll post

Good grief 3 days?
Makes all the veterans question why they spend weeks working so hard just for a medium ship.
I guess the learning experience from years of grinding counts for something. You learn how to outfit a large ship biased on what you had to do with the medium and small ships. What tricks worked for small ships that don't with large ones. How to properly handle a large ship because you know how to abuse that ships inability to turn when you fought them to get that "big" bounty.
Mah, I'm just old and cranky you accomplished in 3 days what took me the better part of a year way back when.
Regardless, congrats @KingD Job well done.

Sell it, buy a vulture or even a python if you're brave, wear a few rebuys , learn to PvE first, then in a few months get the cutter.

As has been said by the majority of the thread - 3 days to Cutter is too fast.

It drives a low attachment rate as you haven’t learnt the ropes, so the first time something happens that you don’t like and can’t easily get past (Thargoid scout, ganker, elite pirate... etc) , rather than working on the game, you will stop playing it and move onto something else.

Your loss
Frontier’s loss

Suggestion:
  • Go back to a Cobra Mk3 and spend a day in each ship before you upgrade.
  • Spend (at least) a day doing each function of Elite (missions, trading, mining, exploring, SRV driving, IDA station rebuilding, passenger runs, guardian ruins, Thargoid sites, AX combat, engineers, Visit Sag A, visit the generation ships, etc)
  • Take a breath and enjoy the ride. The end point will come in time.

Only then look to get to the large ships (Anaconda, Cutter, Corvette, Type-9, Type-10)

He won't have any engineering after three days!
He's going to have a nice time steering his expensive cow then.

Looks like a fish, moves like a fish, steers like a cow.

If troll, then no harm in showing a ship build. If not a troll, still no harm.

If you can’t gun down master level pirates in a cutter I assume you’re doing something wrong ... ;)

I’d suggest something smaller ... Krait / Krait Phantom, FDL ... get some engineering done ... for PvE I find it’s hard to beat gimballed beams and MCs but it can be frustrating if you come up against an NPC with unlimited chaff so worth learning some fixes weps - maybe Rails or PAs. I used to love PAs but I have a sneaky suspicion that Rails are actually more effective.

But you aren't an NPC, are you?

No, but he popped faster than any of the CZ ships. I was so surprised that I checked his build after and things got clearer from that. I didn't look at his load out before as it was a CZ and he was pledged to the opposition. He got a few tips from me and is on my friends list, so all good.

Top Bottom