need help landing ... and a manual would be nice

Hi,

I played through the alpha single player missions and have no idea how to land the ship in one of those rotating stations or do anything other than fighting - cause that I could train in the single player missions.

When I first started the multiplayer of my premium beta i found myself outside a coriolis space station and tried to land.

:: My main problem ::
I got inside the station without any problems, but as soon as I was in, the station fired upon my ship and it was destroyed.
I guess I had to ask for landing permissions, but how do I use communications?
Could please someone help?
Thanks in front!

What I am missing most so far is this:
Some sort of manual or wiki on how to do things in the game like:
- landing
- setting a target system and jumping there
- communication between ships or to a space station
- trading
- what kind of equipment for the ship is available
- a map of the starting system
- e.t.c.

Regards,
Malachias

Left screen - select contacts - choose station and request docking.

When you are ready to drop gear - right screen - far right selection and second down is landing gear.

When gear goes down the landing controls click in so you may need to check the bindings for these.

My experience is to get as quick as you can over the pad otherwise you run the risk of pad re-allocations.

Thanks!

@lazerus: Thanks a bunch for this manual :)

@kilvenny: Thanks for the tips.
Before I tried targeting the station with [T] from the keyboard and that didn't work. I am eager to try out your description.

@INaeem: I'd like to know where I may find the "official docking video" you where hinting to or any "official videos" in that matter. The link you provided seem to not point me there, but to a technical article about "Controller preset procedure".

Thanks to all of you for being helpful!

Hi,

I played through the alpha single player missions and have no idea how to land the ship in one of those rotating stations or do anything other than fighting - cause that I could train in the single player missions.

When I first started the multiplayer of my premium beta i found myself outside a coriolis space station and tried to land.

:: My main problem ::
I got inside the station without any problems, but as soon as I was in, the station fired upon my ship and it was destroyed.
I guess I had to ask for landing permissions, but how do I use communications?
Could please someone help?
Thanks in front!

What I am missing most so far is this:
Some sort of manual or wiki on how to do things in the game like:
- landing
- setting a target system and jumping there
- communication between ships or to a space station
- trading
- what kind of equipment for the ship is available
- a map of the starting system
- e.t.c.

Regards,
Malachias

Awwww...Want someone to come hold your hand while you play?

It's SUPPOSED to be YOU WORKING IT OUT FOR YOURSELF!

It's not an instant gratification game!

The REWARD. And the BUZZ you get from the game comes from many many hours of hard graft, slogging, mistakes and working out your own uber profitable trade run.

If it was all handed to you - there IS NO GAME.

And most of that us covered by videos and stuff already put out by FD. As for trading, how else do you think it works?

BUY LOW, SELL HIGH.

Sheesh

Michael Brookes

Game Director

The REWARD. And the BUZZ you get from the game comes from many many hours of hard graft, slogging, mistakes and working out your own uber profitable trade run.

And most of that us covered by videos and stuff already put out by FD. As for trading, how else do you think it works?

BUY LOW, SELL HIGH.

Sheesh

This is the second time in as many minutes I'm asking you to calm it down, there won't be a third.

Michael

INaeem

Elite Greeter
@lazerus: Thanks a bunch for this manual :)

@kilvenny: Thanks for the tips.
Before I tried targeting the station with [T] from the keyboard and that didn't work. I am eager to try out your description.

@INaeem: I'd like to know where I may find the "official docking video" you where hinting to or any "official videos" in that matter. The link you provided seem to not point me there, but to a technical article about "Controller preset procedure".

Thanks to all of you for being helpful!

Apologies, I've amended the original post. Take care and Elite!

BUY LOW, SELL HIGH.

Sheesh

Its past someones bed time, sheesh....

@Sheesh: :)) good point, man. You are right, past bedtime or not ;-)

Of course I figured it out in the end, thanks to the replies I got from all of you.

And concerning my request for some explanation concerning trading ... that came as a result of not being able to land in the first place ... I mean, you have to admit: Trading without landing is a real problem :)))

Regards and thanks to all of you,
Malachias

Top Bottom