Need more time for Odyssey missions

Yesterday I was doing a collect mission and no matter what I did (SC away, relog, went to complete the second mission, whatever), the canister remained burried into the ground. My gaming time ran out and that's that, a failed mission for no good freaking reason.

I failed several missions that sent me to pick up stuff from a too-hot to disembark planet. 🤷‍♂️

I have a question - what could I do to reset the mission in the allocated time? And would doing the mission the next day (was it made possible by the mission timer) make any difference? I have no idea where the mission seed is saved and how to reset it.

What? Reset a mission?
BGS states that missions are based to might change, so having a mission lasting from one day to another is kinda farfetched.
Picking a mission before the bgs tick, relogging for 4-5 hours then coming back to do the mission after the tick might also result in a failure since the mission target might not be there in the new BGS state.

No... IF you pick a mission, try to do it in the same session (sure... crashing and relogging might spoil your expericence).

What? Reset a mission?
BGS states that missions are based to might change, so having a mission lasting from one day to another is kinda farfetched.
Picking a mission before the bgs tick, relogging for 4-5 hours then coming back to do the mission after the tick might also result in a failure since the mission target might not be there in the new BGS state.

No... IF you pick a mission, try to do it in the same session (sure... crashing and relogging might spoil your expericence).

I did try. It was impossible.

Are you sure about that BGS state and failure? There are bound to be numerous missions that extend over the BGS tick, they can't all just go invalid. Especially Horizons missions with several days of timer. It does not seem possible that this tick would make any difference.

EDIT: resetting a mission was said in a sense that the mission signal would be set anew, in another location. It stayed in exactly the same location, canister (content of) under the ground.

Are you sure about that BGS state and failure? There are bound to be numerous missions that extend over the BGS tick, they can't all just go invalid. Especially Horizons missions with several days of timer. It does not seem possible that this tick would make any difference.
Well, yes

Even in Horizons you can fail a mission due to bgs state changes.
For example pick a CZ massacre mission (it has a 21-23h timer) before the tick, then after the tick the war concludes and you cannot complete the mission since there are no more Combat zones.

I found the hard way not to pick more missions that i can do in a single session.
And do the ones with the best rewards fisrt.

Before EDO launch i used to stack 15-20 missions and do them leisurly.
After EDO i did the same and failed half of them or more.

Not now.

I agree that something should be done with EDO mission timers, anyone who claims all Odyssey missions can be completed in 15 minutes, has never stealth killed 12 scavengers and it's also worth noting that most players will loot the place at some point during missions so the time it take to complete the mission can vary widely

Last edited:
wat. edo missions at max take 2 mins to complete.. specially the fech item from crashed stations etc. it takes like what . 1 minute cut the panel and your done
Not really,
You have to get there first (jump, sometime find mission spot, SC,OC,landing walking) then mission (1mn like you said) then leave (slow SC, select new mission, rince and repeat...).
10-15mn of travel time from mission to mission is the bare minimum (in most cases)...
... So... no, missions don't take 1mn to complete, not even close.

Last edited:
Seeing that the mission timers have not changed even in update 7, I give up on the issue.

Too bad really, as a lot of EDO content is inaccessible to me at most times. As I usually have an hour to play - and even then who knows which of the children will need attention sooner - there is no point in taking a mission, let alone several. I'll try to look at the bright side though - I'll get to play other games, too! ;)

Why there can't be more time to complete the Odyssey missions is baffling really.
Horizons mission timee are fine so why alter the formula.

I have NO IDEA. This is not the only thing where FD derived the game to a very widely accepted state - just to go in a completely different way in EDO. From days to finish the mission to hours. From traders for all existing engineering materials to only one kind of three in EDO. Why? I have NO IDEA. What made them think that EDO is so much different from EDH to demand totally different rules is beyond me.

Top Bottom