New African Animal Update!

Just a list of the African species that I would like to see in the game.

Here is my idea after the Australian Pack!

Habitat Animals:
Africa:

Addax (Addax nasomaculatus) [CR]
African Leopard (Panthera pardus pardus) [VU]
Black Rhinoceros (Diceros bicornis) [CR]
Blue Wildebeest (Connochaetes taurinus) [LC]
Dromedary Camel (Camelus dromedarius) [DM]
Eastern Black Rhinoceros (Diceros bicornis michaeli) [CR]
Grey Crowned Crane (Balearica regulorum) [EN]
Meerkat (Suricata suricatta) [LC]
Olive Baboon (Papio anubis) [LC]
Secretary Bird (Sagittarius serpentarius) [VU]
Southern White Rhinoceros (Ceratotherium simum simum) [NT]

Last edited:
While I like the choices, within this pack there are 2 birds/2 rhinos.
A bit more variation would be nice.

If they would present such a pack, I'll gladly buy it :D

Absolutely yes to the Baboon 😍 I would love it so much to have them in my Zoo.
The African Rhinos would be also really great and more Birds are also good (maybe a Marabou could be also added). But why did you add the Black Rhinoceros without Subspecies and then the Eastern Black Rhinoceros too?

Just a list of the African species that I would like to see in the game.

Here is my idea after the Australian Pack!

Habitat Animals:
Africa:

Addax (Addax nasomaculatus) [CR]
African Leopard (Panthera pardus pardus) [VU]
Black Rhinoceros (Diceros bicornis) [CR]
Dromedary Camel (Camelus dromedarius) [DM]
Eastern Black Rhinoceros (Diceros bicornis michaeli) [CR]
Grey Crowned Crane (Balearica regulorum) [EN]
Meerkat (Suricata suricatta) [LC]
Olive Baboon (Papio anubis) [LC]
Secretary Bird (Sagittarius serpentarius) [VU]
Southern White Rhinoceros (Ceratotherium simum simum) [NT]
Other than the black rhinoceros being added twice, I agree with most of that list. Having two black rhinos with one representative of the entire species will cause a second timber wolf case. We honestly don't need more taxonomic confusion in the game.

Hmm... my choices for an Africa Pack would look something like:

Aardwolf (Proteles cristata)
Crested Porcupine (Hystrix cristata)
Gerenuk (Litocranius walleri)
Secretary Bird (Sagittarius serpentarius)

With the White Rhinoceros (Ceratotherium simum) as a 1-year anniversary freebie...

@George Boggs I like the list for the most part with the exception of the two black rhinos. But then again I’d be ok with a second lion subspecies or Sumatran tiger so to each their own. A African pack would probably be my favorite with the exception of a aquatic dlc announcement of course.

Nice list @George Boggs. A couple of other African species I would eventually like to see in PZ are the Greater Kudu, Black faced impala and blesbok. And although we have the Black wildebeest, which is a nice species to have for our zoos, I would also like to see the more common Blue Wildebeest. And I agree with the Gerenuk listed by DrangonNTiger. Personally I could never have enough gazelle and antelope species, but I know most folks would find that repetitive. Especially when other species are needed. Forest Buffalo would be nice too.

For me it would be:

- Meerkat.
- Southern white rhinoceros.
- Red river hog.
- Diana monkey or Black-and-white colobus.
- Giant African millipede for the exhibit slot (with the arid/grassland exhibit biome).

That said you could do three or four purely African DLC's and still not cover the range of animals kept in zoos. Which is kind of a shame, because it means we will inevitably miss out on certain things.

I'd love a baboon, for sure, but my priority is smaller, more arboreal monkeys. Likewise I'd love myriad new antelope species (addax, scimitar-horned oryx, gerenuk, giant eland, and so on) but the rhinoceros's continued absence is seriously weighing on me.

Meerkats are just necessary. What zoo doesn't have meerkats?

Hmm... my choices for an Africa Pack would look something like:

Aardwolf (Proteles cristata)
Crested Porcupine (Hystrix cristata)
Gerenuk (Litocranius walleri)
Secretary Bird (Sagittarius serpentarius)

With the White Rhinoceros (Ceratotherium simum) as a 1-year anniversary freebie...
I agree with that idea! There are actually some construction items in the base game featuring non-adoptable animals like the dromedary camel and deer which I also this should be released as freebies too (apart from dodo apparently otherwise ruin the realistic immersion of the game!! lol)

Top Bottom