New Animals Found in Planet Zoo Files

Awesome list! Only thing to note is panthera aren't Panthers (since they're not a real species anyway, but rather a melanistic leopard) but rather the genus for tigers, lions, etc
Would a Florida Panther or a Puma/Cougar be consider a panther? Maybe that's what it means :0 but I guess they would have called it that if it was, though lol.

So more datamining revealed the specific species of the genera found. Here's the list:
óAldabraGiantTortoise
óHippopotamus
óPlainsZebra
óIndianPeafowl
óAfricanElephant
óNileMonitor
óReticulatedGiraffe
óGrizzlyBear
óAfricanBuffalo
óGemsbok
óGalapagosGiantTortoise
óCommonOstrich
óSableAntelope
óCommonWarthog
óIndianElephant
óTimberWolf
óAardvark
óGoliathFrog
óTitanBeetle
óLehmannsPoisonFrog
óGoliathBirdeater
óBrazilianWanderingSpider
óGiantForestScorpion
óBoaConstrictor
óWestAfricanLion
óGharial
óYellowAnaconda
óPronghornAntelope
óOkapi
óNyala
óRingTailedLemur
óMandrill
óAmericanBison
óCommonDeathAdder
óCheetah
óBactrianCamel
óAntilleanIguana
óChinesePangolin
óMexicanRedkneeTarantula
óBorneanOrangutan
óBongo
óBlackWildebeest
óPuffAdder
óWesternDiamondBackRattlesnake
óSpottedHyena
óSiberianTiger
óRedPanda
óWesternChimpanzee
óSaltwaterCrocodile
óWesternLowlandGorilla
óRedRuffedLemur
óBonobo
óBrazillianSalmonPinkTarantula
óEasternBrownSnake
óAmazonGiantCentipede
óGilaMonster
óGoldenPoisonFrog
óGoliathBeetle
óGreaterFlamingo
óGiantDesertHairyScorpion
óGiantBurrowingCockroach
óGiantPanda
óGiantTigerLandSnail
óBengalTiger
óFormosanBlackBear
óJapaneseMacaque
óGreenIguana
óSnowLeopard
óHimalayanBrownBear
óAfricanWildDog
óBairdsTapir

So... if this is the complete list, that means:
No habitat animals from Australia besides saltwater croc (no kangaroo, emu, wombat, Tas devil...)
No European animals (wisent, red deer, lynx, wild boar...)
No other habitat animals from South America besides tapir (No jaguar is a big surprise, no anteater, capybara, rhea, spectacled bear...)
No Arctic animals (No polar bears.. really? Also no reindeer, musk ox, arctic fox...)

Not a single deer species? No bighorn, ibex or other wild goat/sheep?
Only 3 birds?

Guess they're saving some popular species for future DLC's.
Or maybe the list is incomplete. Let's hope the latter.

This is not a complete list. There's folders that correspond to certain animals not list here, which are peccaries, deer, and flightless birds.. There's also no mention of the nile crocodile or tigon, even though they have corresponding data for them.

It's pretty much same thing like with that article who mentioned first tapirs and pronghorns. I mean these guys already played version with this animals in it, unless they are lying and wrote false article which I doubt honestly :D

It's pretty much same thing like with that article who mentioned first tapirs and pronghorns. I mean these guys already played version with this animals in it, unless they are lying and wrote false article which I doubt honestly :D

Yes, but not all journalists do good research and some get animals confused. I worry especially about the
baboon
. While I hope these will be in game, some uninformed people get them confused with Mandrills.

Also there is video at youtube where someone calims there are game's data which mentions:
Polar bear
Jaguar
Leopard (unspecified,most likely African)
Deer (unspecified)
Northern-white cheeked gibbon
Black howler monkey
Black Rhinoceros

I would take these with a pich of salt, but who knows.

Yes, but not all journalists do good research and some get animals confused. I worry especially about the
baboon
. While I hope these will be in game, some uninformed people get them confused with Mandrills.
We already gone through this with pronghorns :)

Of course he might be wrong but honestly I don't think so, cause in case you don't know which one animal is it, it is written for you. Even this guy obviously likes more theme parks and even dinos, and zoo isn't his thing, I doubt he got wrong animal species.

Awesome list! Only thing to note is panthera aren't Panthers (since they're not a real species anyway, but rather a melanistic leopard) but rather the genus for tigers, lions, etc
True but panters also is also another name for leopards. It’s a bit confusing. But most people indeed think of a black jaguar or black leopard when imagining a panter. Appearently it has a geografic distinction. For african animals we call them leopards, for asian we call them panters. (Which is something I just found out as I was checking I to be certain).

Also there is video at youtube where someone calims there are game's data which mentions:
Polar bear
Jaguar
Deer (unspecified)
Black howler monkey
Black Rhinoceros

I would as well, but what makes me believe this might be true are the mentions of two specific species not known by every child.
With the polar bear (sorry, won't put that in spoilers) I still think they will keep them for an arctic dlc. Remember we need big ticket animals for dlcs as well.

Polar bear
Jaguar
Deer (unspecified)
Black howler monkey
Black Rhinoceros

This isn't true at all. These animals merely have decorations associated with them (and the gibbon doesn't have any association to it in the data). They could be in given the significance of their decorations, but there's no mention of them in the files.

Sidenote about the article: I'm skeptical of its validity. It doesn't seem to be taking things seriously and could easily have misinformation in it.

In article leak I believe. I did when tapirs and pronghorns leaked and I will now too. But in youtube I don't. I mean fine some of those maybe should be expected, but still there isn't evidence for none of them like e.g. for those from your list.

Top Bottom