new combat zones - any chance of increased payouts?

The BGS livestream showed the new looking CZs and the introduction of low/medium/high with side missions and other objectives. FDev have now made these CZs more attractive to players with engaging game play. Great work guys!

So will Fdev now increase mission rewards above other types of activity to actually encourage players to take up these massacre mission types? Currently, the risk reward ration is not favourable and since 3.0 I have abandoned my personal favourite activity because the kill count is way too high as well as the payout way too low.

I'm glad to see you aren't asking for combat bond hikes, I think combat bonds are alright. I completely agree that massacre missions are hardly worth doing for the time spent, BUT, at least with combat zone massacres, you have plenty of targets. What is really bad is having to cruise for missoin USSes or worse, SC stragglers, for pirate massacres.

The solution to both of these is not an increase in payment, imo, because they already pay well (1m for small numbers to 10m at the top numbers), better would be to reduce the number of targets requirement. a 10m massacre having 80-110 targets is quite ridiculous. Half that would be reasonable. Maybe 30% less for combat zone massacres.

The payouts aren't great...but they're just a little "bonus" for an activity you're already going to do aren't they...
Not many would randomly take a "Massacre 100 ships" mission on a whim...but more likely as part of a BGS state in which they're working for their faction...in which case any extra credits is just gravy....

BUT, at least with combat zone massacres, you have plenty of targets. What is really bad is having to cruise for missoin USSes or worse, SC stragglers, for pirate massacres.
Can't argue with that!

The solution to both of these is ...... would be to reduce the number of targets requirement. a 10m massacre having 80-110 targets is quite ridiculous. Half that would be reasonable. Maybe 30% less for combat zone massacres.

I find that it takes on average, across 60+ kills, about 1 hour to make 60 kill - so about 1 min per ship. There are obvious quick wins (eagles) but conversely there are ridiculously hard to kill ASP scouts too.
So make the kill count significantly smaller, say 15 - 40 kills per mission; that way the missions are accessible to a whole range of ship sizes, player skill and loadouts.

Top Bottom