New Community Manager - Bruce Garrido

No worries - I totally understand, even if I aim to prove you wrong! I can't commit to 10 hours a day, but I'll be playing in my free time and engaging on Discord plus everything else I can do to win you over.
Just tell us the roadmap for 2020 and you are good.
The other CMs will tell you that you aren't allowed to, don't listen to them. It's a game we always play with new CMs, the community constantly asks for news and the other CMs tell you to say nothing. Secretly we all make bets how long it takes until reveal everything. Trust me!

Hi Bruce and welcome to the team!
Please don't think that you have to be in an Anaconda in a week. Please don't think that you have to know everything about the game in a week. Take your time, explore the parts of the game that appeal and have fun. Be open-minded to new experiences. Every once in a while even veteran players find something unexpected that can blow their mind.
Fly safe!

Good luck as a new ED starter, the learning curve is quite steep, for what It's worth it will get easier. :ROFLMAO:
IMHO, ED is not an easy to play casual game, if you have no experiance with it you will have much to learn, many refer to the learning curve as ......a wall LOL.
The classic XKCD comic about learning curves is apt (replace EVE with Elite Dangerous):

3pjt4zi.jpg

Welcome to the most mature community the gaming world has to offer!
(I know that doesn't meant too much, but in comparison this community really rocks.)

Also welcome to the Black, Commander!

I'm sorry Bruce, but I feel we need a CM who has played ED for years who understands the whole community. Nonetheless, if you muck-in and play every day for at least 10 hours a day whilst engaging with many many PMFs' via Discord as possible, then I believe the community will accept you, trust you, and accept you as an advocate.. Welcome to the fantastic Elite: Dangerous!

Well I disagree with that sentiment 100% so obviously I'm not part of 'the community'.

So I will not pretend to speak for anyone else but to say as an individual, welcome to the game and the forums, may you spend many happy hours in both.

Greetings Commanders!

I’m Bruce and I’ve joined the Elite Dangerous team as a Community Manager. Previously, I was a CM for Old School RuneScape (a medieval point-and-click MMO), and I’m excited to meet and interact with a whole new community. If you’d like, join this Thursday’s livestream to come and say hello!

I play all sorts of games in my free time with story-rich RPGs being my favourite. I usually have one of those on the go plus something more casual to even things out. I can’t wait to immerse myself in Elite Dangerous, and start exploring the galaxy. SRV racing looks amazing.

I’m looking forward to getting to know all of you over the coming weeks and I’ll happily respond to and questions here or on Twitter and Discord (Gambit#7472).

Thanks,
CMDR Bruce (Gambit)
Hello, welcome and good luck.

Why are we getting community managers out of the blue, but deny actually experienced CMDRs who have thousands of hours in this game and are literally known by the entire community when they apply for the spot?
Someone remind me please.
Because the company hiring and paying them is deciding who they want to employ and what skills and experience they are looking for. All of which is nothing to do with us.

Top Bottom