New Elite Game Extras Web Store

Doing what though? Several hours spent running commodities for the CG netted me less than ten, normal trading even less (which really makes me wonder due to you stating you earned over a 100 doing similar), mining, core and traditional for a few hours netted me similar, FSS scanning a system fully of signal sources and astrological bodies netted me zero, turning in the data, 1, mission running for a few hours, less than ten again, massacre mission for 30 pirates, around an hour spent and 97. I was under the impression that nobody needed to change the way they played to earn arx, but let's face it, if you want to earn any amount of them combat is certainly better by far than other core activities.

I could easily earn the cap of 400 in a week if I spent my time killing things, anything else and I get nowhere near it, lucky if I get even a quarter.

Strange, I earned around 90 Arx yesterday just doing a few delivery and fetch missions - also made around 30m credits in the process.

DeletedUser191218

D
Hi @Factabulous,

That's a display issue which the team are aware of and will be correcting shortly. Fortunately, any price that has a '.5' listed will not actually reduce the '0.5'. So, for example, the Extraterrestrial Brain Tree Plant which is listed as 4837.5 ARX, will actually reduce 4837 ARX from your ARX balance when purchased.

Update: as a fix to the display issue, all listed fractional prices will be rounded up. So, that Extraterrestrial Brain Tree Plant I mentioned? That will be listed as 4838 instead of 4837.5. I've corrected my initial message to avoid any confusion.

The fix is to charge people more. Classic Frontier.

Could be reputation related, I was running missions for a maxed out faction for the engineering materiel rewards, I shall try someplace else and see if that makes a difference :)

Really don't know what I'm doing differently. I agree, in the last 2 weeks I was doing a lot of combat, mainly CZs, but in this last session yesterday night I was doing nothing but delivery missions, not even caring about credits but gaining reputation in a brand new area including lots of expensive donations (though I strongly doubt the latter does anything for ARX at all). Including 2 military missions (I'm still low on imperial military ranks). Perhaps it was this? Other than that I was pretty surprised myself, didn't expect >100 ARX in one session.

Seems like buying a new ship, fitting it out, engineer it and do some mats trading earns you quite some Arghs too.
I got 174 Arghs yesterday, could've been more but I reached the limit of 400.

On topic.
The online store could use some filter options, paints by ship for example.
Browsing through hundreds of paints to see which ship has what available isn't what I call convenient.

I'd pay to change the cockpit colors, particularly in my Cutter to get rid of all the annoying white that washes out the displays when light hits it.

Plants and bobble-heads, not so much.

The problem for those coming back from long expeditions is that the first few pages sold brings the Arx up to the weekly limit. The other 30+ pages are worthless as far as Arx are concerned, unless it is sold over several weeks, which causes other problems.

Yep, explorers really get the short stick with the ARX system. I've only earned 164 total ARX since it went live because I'm out in deep space. I wish simply exploring earned ARX rather than selling the data. You know, like it's handled with combat. :rolleyes:

Yep, explorers really get the short stick with the ARX system. I've only earned 164 total ARX since it went live because I'm out in deep space. I wish simply exploring earned ARX rather than selling the data. You know, like it's handled with combat. :rolleyes:

As far as I have been able to ascertain, you only accrue Arx for combat when you hand in your bounties etc, i.e. get rewarded for your actions. I know I made all Arx the other day when bounty hunting, wasn't until I sold off the bounties did I get anything.

I imagine that the reason why explorers (and anyone else) doesn't get rewarded with a truck load of Arxs until they enact a credit transaction is FD didn't want Arxs to be time based. Otherwise you will just get players logging on before school or work, then coming home to a capped out Arxs on Day 1 of the weekly cycle.

As far as I have been able to ascertain, you only accrue Arx for combat when you hand in your bounties etc, i.e. get rewarded for your actions. I know I made all Arx the other day when bounty hunting, wasn't until I sold off the bounties did I get anything.

I imagine that the reason why explorers (and anyone else) doesn't get rewarded with a truck load of Arxs until they enact a credit transaction is FD didn't want Arxs to be time based. Otherwise you will just get players logging on before school or work, then coming home to a capped out Arxs on Day 1 of the weekly cycle.
No, Arx are provided for combat just for taking part. Maybe you get more for cashing in the bounties, I don't know, but you get even more for scooping up materials from ships shot down. Neither of these involve earning credits, yet they yield reasonable Arx (ok a few lol).

Then there's the shuffling of materials at material traders, which seems to generate decent Arx, even though it's not a credit transaction.

No, Arx are provided for combat just for taking part. Maybe you get more for cashing in the bounties, I don't know, but you get even more for scooping up materials from ships shot down. Neither of these involve earning credits, yet they yield reasonable Arx (ok a few lol).

Then there's the shuffling of materials at material traders, which seems to generate decent Arx, even though it's not a credit transaction.

Fair enough I will admit I was wrong then. I put it down to my practise of completing something first. For example, if I am bounty hunting I make sure I have cleared all bounties etc before logging off for that session. As for the other activities, haven't done much mat collecting nor utilisation of the mat traders for ages either.

I think I will just shut up now and remove myself from any further conversations on Arxs lol

The old store was so much better. Better photos of the pj, and i could use my card.
I dont think this arx thing is going to work out the way the FD marketing dept hopes.

4838... 1820... 2220... really? Do the arx prices really need to be this exact for any reason lol? Geez just make them xx00 or something. Seems silly to put a value with some odd numbers. Real silly.

4848... 2120... really? Do the arx prices really need to be this exact for any reason lol? Geez just make them xx00 or something. Seems silly to put a value with some odd numbers. Real silly.
This is to confuse you. You never know what you're actually paying and they can change the numbers slightly so you don't notice a price increase. If prices were nice round numbers, a change would be noticeable. Going from 4384 to 4834 gives FDev a nice little bump in revenue and you have no idea what you actually just spent.

Top Bottom